Who Was Your Man of The Match v Carlisle United? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Carlisle United?

Who was your Man of The Match v Carlisle United?

• Griffiths

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poole

• Bramall

• Eyoma

• N'Lundulu

• Fiorini

• Robson (69')

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maguire for me - at least he knew that it had to be under the bar and between the posts, to couint! The rest thought they were Jonny Wilkinson

Maguire for me too, took his goal well and was always prompting though set pieces werent up to much.

McGrandles had one of his better games this season. We lost balance when Sanders went off, hope that's just saving him for Saturday.

Maguire did well and gets my vote bar his dead ball delivery tonight.

Nods to Sanders and Adelakun who both made a claim to get more starts tonight

I've had to go Maguire because he was consistently decent - until penalties anyway.

I wanted to go with Adelakun because he was head and shoulders the most dangerous player on the pitch and Carlisle defenders were terrified of him.

At times he was walking past them at will. Unfortunately the end product let him down several times and that completely sums him and the Imps up at the moment.

There is some debate about whether Poole was missing for their goal or that Adelakun simply let their player run by so I'm not jumping to conclusions.

All said, I would start with Maguire and Adelakun in the front three against Hartlepool or will MA go with the two strikers as hinted at.

Adelakun for me.
Edit: Although, he looked at fault for their goal, so I may have to take that back!

Last edited:
I’ve gone for Adelakun too, looked capable of beating his man and created a few opportunities though the final ball sometimes let him down

Adelakun for me despite the alleged error for their equaliser, some of his footwork in and around the box was great. He frustrates the hell out of me though - there is clearly an unplayable League One striker in there on his day, but when will that be? Give him a run in the team and see what happens.

Maguire probably second, but I thought he looked lazy at times in the first half and his penalty was abysmal.

Maguire, Sanders , Adelakun in that order form me, the last 2 definitely need game time. Bramall was coming into game just before he went off, not used enough throughout the game, I like him over Robson, he's so fit, also needs more game time. After the equaliser we knew what was coming, they played it for penalties.
Not a bad game from a team point of view our boys IMO, difficult times, keep the faith.