Who plays in midfield? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Who plays in midfield?

Can’t see what the debate is for just one game. For Orient it has to be Bishop, Danny and Moylan.

Yes it’s an attacking midfield but our defence is so strong, for one home game we can get away with it in my view.

If House is fit he could play just behind Taylor to help out when necessary.

On the EFL highlights show they said that their winner at Stevenage yesterday was only their 2nd goal in the last 4 games. Bishop as a starter is really the only choice rather than putting square pegs into round holes

Whatever the decision, thankfully we have a nice long break to figure it all out on the training ground rather than having to cobble something together in a hurry. In Skoobs we trust :yes:

I'm struggling to clarify for sure how many games Ethan is suspended for, although one game is what is being bandied about.

So far as I can tell he was on eight yellows before Bristol. Technically he picked up two more yellows and the red. Are we sure he doesn't incur an additional penalty for having ten yellows in addition to the 1 game ban for the sending off?

I'm struggling to clarify for sure how many games Ethan is suspended for, although one game is what is being bandied about.

So far as I can tell he was on eight yellows before Bristol. Technically he picked up two more yellows and the red. Are we sure he doesn't incur an additional penalty for having ten yellows in addition to the 1 game ban for the sending off?

The red cancels out the yellows so it's a 1 game ban and he remains on 8 yellow cards for the season. We are past the ban for 10 yellows in any case and it is now up to 15 for the season for a 1 game ban

Bishop has to play instead of Erhahon; he has played in defence before and may even add some more skill and guile to our forward play. And he has the advantage of having played with Sanders, Burroughs does not.

Like us, Orient have had some good results since Christmas, last team to beat Portsmouth. 5 wins in the last eight away games. Still playing for the playoffs. And would be level with us if they win. Will be a test more like Barnsley than Bristol rovers. My gut feeling is that it will have to be a group effort to cover the loss of erhahon for one game - as he is a stand-out performer for us.

Seem to remember Orient were more of a multiple-passing midfield (sanders style) than a blood and thunder midfield. our new found closing down relies more on getting multiple players up around the ball, than on the brute force and tackling ability of the individual. They all know how skubala wants to play by now, so whoever is chosen should slot into the system.
Example would be how mandroiu came in and adapted to a deeper more central position - unheard of six months ago. And looks a much more effective player as part of this new system. The midfield is already short of Hamilton and McG but the results have got better.

Two weeks to practice and adapt: Bishop, Burroughs, Eyoma or whoever will be chosen for the right reason.

Bishop seems the best option in the holding role as he has the best distribution. and most likely to be able to read the game well. None of Mandy, Moylan, or Bishop have the strength or guile of Ehrahon in the tackle so I would be tempted to place House in the advanced midfield position to add the necessary shit-housery (So to speak) in midfield. I would go for Mak the Knife alongside Taylor as I thought he was excellent on Saturday.

The only slight worry I have about it all is how we were carved open a few times on Saturday and were indebted to Jensen for keeping them out - I'm sure those gaps will be plugged in time for Good Friday but it did concern me a wee bit

I know we got exposed badly a couple of times by Brizzle, but that honestly surprised me as our defenders haven’t been caught out like that and dragged across the park so badly recently. So I am not that concerned - I reckon the coaching staff will sort that out over the next week and a bit. As for Erhahon’s replacement’ I think Bishop to start alongside Danny M and either Moylan or Burroughs to take over later (depends on whether Moylan starts as a 10). Sotiriou and Forde seem to be the biggest threat from Orient.

Last edited:
Reading that Orient went full on Stevenage to beat Stevenage, so they do adapt.
Early goal again will definitely help us again.

The main issue with the chance creation from Bristol Rovers was only really that 15 minute spell after they made a change and we lost our free man as an out ball and couldn't work it out.

Second half it didn't happen in the same way, they just caught us on the counter a couple of times rather than a turnover.

Have to go Bishop in there, we have a good 10 days to work on this now.

House returning would be massive, suddenly adds the intensity of the press in the final 3rd again. Albeit Makama did an admirable job on Saturday.

I think i would put in Jackson in defence Bishop in for Erhahon House up with Taylor Moylan just behind . a 3 4 1 2 Mitchell has played very well but Jackson in for me we was caught out a few times and he is like Oconner a war horse lol

Would put Bishop in there, not as good defensively but is the best in the squad to pick a pass. At least MS has got two weeks to plan it , and hopefully apart from the long terms should have a fit ? squad to pick from.

Few options there. Most obvious and more likely to happen would be Bishop.
As good we might be going forward with midfield three of him, Moylan and Mandy not sure if we will have enough power without the ball to dominate the game.

Another option is Lasse but you don't want to move him from RWB where he is so good.

Finally Burroughs who I think could give that bit of defensive solidity to our midfield.

One thing for sure, we won't be as good as we are with Ethan and there is no doubt about it.
Good job it's not my decision to make..