Who has made the difference to GFC? | Vital Football

Who has made the difference to GFC?

Who has made the biggest difference to Gillingham fc in recent weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris who

Vital Champions League
There had been a massive transformation in the last few weeks who in your opinion has been the biggest influence on that?
You can vote for as many or few as you wish. I am happy to add names on request.
This is a positive thread .Your comments about who any why you believe the reasons for your votes.

I'll just vote for those who enabled the positive change.

Of course their money has been key but their positive enagagement with fan base has been so refreshing. The language and tone used is just so different to scally.

Its worked wonders with the fan base.

I have voted Galinson and family, not for the money but for the change in mindset, positivity and flexibility compared to the old PS regime, plus Nichols for hitting the ground running. Not many players have had as much of an instant impact, which we desperately needed. Even SBT was attracting criticism in his first few games.

And, no, I have not voted for Harris, but that may change by the end of the season if he continues to keep the players motivated.

“Who” has made the difference. Blowing your own trumpet there Chris? What have you done? 😁

Galinson family obvious No1, and responsible for the whole lot. Our club has completely transformed since Xmas eve, in just about every aspect it seems from afar. On field and off field. Brad is a true leader. And his family are so full of positivity it’s astonishing. The fan interactions are top class and they are literally dragging everyone along with them for the ride.

I’ve added Tom Nichols. As stated above he has been instrumental in us winning points in every game. Someone said the other day that a lot of the games have been similar to pre-Xmas, except we have scored rather than the opposition. Simple. Quite a bit of truth in that imho. And Nichols has been the one taking the opportunities when they’ve arisen, and also provided them as well. It’s a game of fine margins.

A vote for Jeffries as well, a young star in the making. He has really been our PoTS in my eyes and post Xmas he’s been terrific. Same could be said of Tutonda, Ehmer and Macca of the originals post Xmas. All playing great stuff now.

The recruitment team need a lot of praise. All the signings have been quality for what we are trying to do. For me it’s basically Kenny, Hess and Neil. Most of the signings seem to have their fingerprints involved. Either played with/for Harris previously, managed by Kenny or the lower league guys spotted by Hess. And all so far seem to be doing exactly what we hoped they’d do.

The fan base have certainly helped. The negativity has pretty much gone. But they didn’t lead it, they followed and have provided further energy. And the numbers have been great. I love hearing the RE in full voice, even if it is via the telly.

We have to hope they turn up in numbers when the prices are standard.

The fan base have certainly helped. The negativity has pretty much gone. But they didn’t lead it, they followed and have provided further energy. And the numbers have been great. I love hearing the RE in full voice, even if it is via the telly.
I also hope that the local businesses and other potential sponsors that PF said were contacting HIM in big numbers, offering help, are welcomed aboard. We need all the income streams that we can get.

In fact, I think our future could depend on how well Paul Fisher does his job. He has been great so far.

I find the other thread about club merch quite sad. I only have a floppy hat and a sweatshirt now but if the club shop emerges from the depths and starts actively marketing those sort of items as well as producing a catalogue I would definitely buy those items again as well as mugs, keyrings, etc.

“Who” has made the difference. Blowing your own trumpet there Chris? What have you done? 😁

Galinson family obvious No1, and responsible

Just to answer a few points made as I have a very similar view on the rest of your post. Although I included Williams as I believe he has shown real captaincy leadership we haven't really seen for years.
Your first comment made me smile. The only response I have to confirm my impact is I have only seen three live matches this season and we have won the lot.Brentford ,Colchester away and Crawley at home.
Galinson appears not surprisingly to be running away with the vote.That's a major difference right their regardless of what Scally had done or not done he would never get such unanimous support.
As for support Galinson's hands are a little tied on prices this season although I believe he is allowed 3 special price games which after the success of the first I would expect him to use .
Furthermore I would expect him to explore the possibility of reductions in prices next season perhaps like other clubs have done reductions based on take up of season tickets etc.Bringing match prices next season to below £20 should be expored. Along with perhaps a even cheap price for certain less favoured areas of the ground .Doing special deals like Crawley can't be a long term strategy but if we can bring in better numbers with slightly lower prices that should be expored.

In fact, I think our future could depend on how well Paul Fisher does his job. He has been great so far.

Very good point. Paul Fisher is a glaring omission from the list. Sort it out Chris FFS! 😉

I’d put his contribution to our turn around 2nd only to the Galinsons. He seems to have been instrumental in brokering the deal in the first place. And he was already beginning to right the ship before they arrived. I agree he has been great.

Very good point. Paul Fisher is a glaring omission from the list. Sort it out Chris FFS! 😉

I’d put his contribution to our turn around 2nd only to the Galinsons. He seems to have been instrumental in brokering the deal in the first place. And he was already beginning to right the ship before they arrived. I agree he has been great.
Done. Got to try to get some kip now.

PS selling out
No disrespect to Brad and Family but the biggest difference to the Club in my lifetime was Paul Scally buying it. Before PS if you sat in the main stand you got covered in rust every time the ball hit the roof and the Gordon Road stand was no better than a cow shed. The Rainham end was a large Nissan hut built by dockyard shipwrights way before anyone reading this was born. And, to cap it all PS took all the abuse thrown at him in recent years and found us a fantastic new owner to take the helm.

No disrespect to Brad and Family but the biggest difference to the Club in my lifetime was Paul Scally buying it. Before PS if you sat in the main stand you got covered in rust every time the ball hit the roof and the Gordon Road stand was no better than a cow shed. The Rainham end was a large Nissan hut built by dockyard shipwrights way before anyone reading this was born. And, to cap it all PS took all the abuse thrown at him in recent years and found us a fantastic new owner to take the helm.
Absolutely right. PS should be on the list.

Completely agree with all of that.

But the question is "There had been a massive transformation in the last few weeks who in your opinion has been the biggest influence on that?", not who's had the biggest influence on the club in anyone's lifetime.

Completely agree with all of that.

But the question is "There had been a massive transformation in the last few weeks who in your opinion has been the biggest influence on that?", not who's had the biggest influence on the club in anyone's lifetime.

Exactly this. If the question was asked in the late nineties or early noughties. PS would certainly have deserved a share of the praise.

The way the club has vegetated in the last 20 years including no improvement in the Town End to follow the RE and GRS and the commercial side going to pot as well as the appalling lack of communication, it certainly could not be said now.

I suspect that BG is only one of several who would have invested if they had been offered a controlling interest in the club. As soon as PS authorised PF to allow that, BG was the man on the spot and it looks like the timing was great.

Absolutely right. PS should be on the list.
PS selling out
I haven’t put Scally on the list and the question as another poster said was who has made the biggest difference in the last few weeks. Given Scally has stepped away. I can't see how Scally has been the biggest influence on our recent results. A bit like saying it is Green or Adelakun because they haven't played in my opinion.

I haven’t put Scally on the list and the question as another poster said was who has made the biggest difference in the last few weeks. Given Scally has stepped away. I can't see how Scally has been the biggest influence on our recent results. A bit like saying it is Green or Adelakun because they haven't played in my opinion.
Well I have requested that PS be added. I have a different view. But it is your poll and if you want to censor the addition requested I'll let you get on with it and not participate.