Who does everyone want then? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who does everyone want then?

Chris Powell for me; experienced and would get a good type of football, somewhere between the hoofball we often see now, and the 'pass sideways' we've had under Taylor before.

Like what he did at Charlton and a decent bloke

Psouthey123 - 27/9/2017 20:53

See Shaun Derry is bookies new favourite what do we think ?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/us-boss-shaun-derry-dismissed-13657003

New contract talks not so sure this Derry story is not his agent making up stories .Not convinced there is anything in it at all.

chris who - 27/9/2017 20:38

Vambogills - 27/9/2017 20:12

I'm now thinking with a couple of results nothing will happen this side of Christmas. It's the cheaper option and the players are settled.
Chris Hope in Jan would not be too bad but if we are reasonably clear of the relegation places then Taylor/ Lovell might see us through to end of season.
I have to ask why Chris Hope great guy Gills legend without a doubt .But manager?I met him a few years ago now I think he said he was coaching kids or something of that kind .Too my knowledge he has never managed at any level .

chris who - 27/9/2017 20:38

Vambogills - 27/9/2017 20:12

I'm now thinking with a couple of results nothing will happen this side of Christmas. It's the cheaper option and the players are settled.
Chris Hope in Jan would not be too bad but if we are reasonably clear of the relegation places then Taylor/ Lovell might see us through to end of season.
I have to ask why Chris Hope great guy Gills legend without a doubt .But manager?I met him a few years ago now I think he said he was coaching kids or something of that kind .Too my knowledge he has never managed at any level .

Bloody hell! Don't know where Chris Hope came from? I meant Powell but I don't think anyone else noticed.

I know he was interviewed previously and probably wouldn't want to leave Luton, but Nathan Jones appears to be an impressive coach and manager.

Ade for me. Wasn't given enough time. He is probably getting some management lessons from Pulis, and I expect Ade back with us in January. Scally did say off the wall...

PapaBurgundy - 27/9/2017 19:07

Nobby_66 - 27/9/2017 18:50

PapaBurgundy - 27/9/2017 18:33

Currently in employment with top of the league Cardiff. What's the point in suggesting him?

Did I suggest him? The thread is titled "who does everyone want then?" and that's who I want.

Have another read mate, I also said it would never happen.

Geez :83:

Yes who you want, but its got to be realistic. Otherwise I'd have said Guardiola.

Anyway, seems like Chris Powell is the overwhelming choice amongst fans. Would love Scally to get him.

Sorry, didn't spot that in the small print and besides, no more outrageous than some of the names thrown about on here over the last few months.
As for Powell, I agree, would be a great choice..........So it won't be him :21:

While Powell would not top my list given a free choice a chris Powell appointment would be welcomed by me .However I fail to see how he could be said to be off the wall .

If someone like Powell were to come I imagine that would be based on promises of money to spend in January. Otherwise any decent manager would steer clear of a job likely to represent failure on their CV.

Perhaps Ade paved the way for us to recruit a more expensive manager by getting rid of Wright?

"Otherwise any decent manager would steer clear of a job likely to represent failure on their CV. "

Due to our start to the season, any new manager will just have to find four clubs worse than us come May, to be deemed a success.

PapaBurgundy - 27/9/2017 19:07

Yes who you want, but its got to be realistic. Otherwise I'd have said Guardiola.
How can anyone rate a manager who has only managed the top team in a country with unlimited money to spend. Was shown up when he came here and proved he's not that good by failing to win the league with Man City despite buying who he wants. If he wants to be taken seriously as a decent manager then manage a smaller team without unlimited money and win something. You know, like Ranieri did.

Chris Powell for me also. One of my choices before Ady got the job and my opinion on Powell's ability still hasn't changed. Would certainly be a man that would get the fans back on side.

As more of an off the wall suggestion, I've always been intrigued by the idea of giving Stephen Constantine his first managerial job in England. Was interviewed for the role before Mad Dog got appointed and with a few more years of improving various national teams, I wouldn't mind seeing him in charge here.

More like Brian Clough did at Hartlepool. They were so poor they even had to paint the match ball white because they couldn't afford a new one.

Steve Constantine would be a very good choice, as he is mainly a coach he has a UEFA pro licence. He could leave the transfer business, and the running of the club itself to others. We need a good coach who can devote all his time to improving the squad.

I have no problem with Chris Powell but he isn't a god, he took Charlton up with a bigger budget than we can afford, then failed at Huddersfield.
Like I said I don't have a problem with him but do feel our supporters would give him a hard time when we aren't top of the table by Christmas.