who do you want | Vital Football

who do you want

Martinez1986

Vital Squad Member
as the saviour for the rest of the season if as most fans want cook out give us some names we have nine games left who will come in ? Who can we afford to pay on a short term contract? let's have your views

constructive replies from the ones who want PC out I see as usual get rid of the manager not a thought who to bring in

A change is clearly needed, we can't carry on in this manner. It can be a short term appointment. It's a 9 game job with, depending on tomorrow's games, a 3 point head start. Offer a good incentive bonus for survival and there'll be takers.

A change is clearly needed, we can't carry on in this manner. It can be a short term appointment. It's a 9 game job with, depending on tomorrow's games, a 3 point head start. Offer a good incentive bonus for survival and there'll be takers.

can we afford said incentive bonus with according to some we have not a pot to piss in and forking out the rest of cooks contract

serious question

Said this before and got scoffed at but I’d happily ask Harry Redknapp and his coaching lieutenants to take charge strictly until the end of the season with a nice cash bonus if he kept us up. That’s what Birmingham did two years ago and it worked as they stayed up on the last day, winning their final two matches. Their mistake was foolishly giving him the job permanently the following summer with a shit load of cash to spunk away. He’s a man manager who brings a proven new manager boost and he’s the type of character who could scab us the wins we need to stay up whilst we search for our manager for the future to join in the summer.

If we want someone for the future now the I’ll recycle all previously mentioned names.

Karanka
Carvalhal
Rowett
Christiansen
Moore/Jones

How much cash do IEC have? What is their ambition? We’ll find out soon enough but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Literally anyone could do better including Joyce which is the most alarming sentance you could imagine when talking about your current boss.

We f---ed up pretending it would magically all work out by keeping him back in Jan and now our options are seriously limited compared to what we could've had. But we cant keep him much longer.

Im not going to say Jokanovic, Moyes or Karanka as i dont think we'd get them at all.

Other managers out of work that i think we could've had but would struggle to attact now Rowett, Bilic, Carvahl, Poyet, Oscar Garcia, Mark Hughes, Warburton, Pardew. We may be able to get some of them but i wouldn't count on it now.

Names i think we could very likely get even now Moore, Holloway, Unsworth, Appleton,Carsley, Grayson, Darrell Clarke, Billy Davies, Pearson, Billy Davies - not rich pickings but at this point i'd take any of them as caretaker if they were willing to come until the end of the season.

And i don't watch any foreign football or much lower league action than what level we are at anymore so there could be some great out of work managers i've never heard of who could be available or even some good up and coming lower league managers who deserve a look at.

Like earlier suggested offer someone like Big Sam or Harry Redknapp 200k for 9 games with another 300k if they keep us up. 500k for 2 months work might be tempting for them.

Gary Bowyer would have been great but he went to Bradford last week.

We left this too late to give ourselves the best chance but it's not too late to avoid relegation if we act now - plenty of options and can any of them be any worse than the last 6 months?