Who do you want to keep. | Vital Football

Who do you want to keep.

Hastings

Vital Football Hero
11 players no need to cover positions and not the golden kids in midfield as they won't be here next season

Without the likes of DH or Ronan?

Erm..........erm......hang on...........wait a minute Nige..............

I'll get back to you on it.

Here's the current state of play.
Starting with our players:

Maxwell - Out of contract at the end of the season
Howard - Out of contract at the end of the season
Bony - Under contract
Mafoumbi - Out of contract at the end of the season
Turton - Out of contract at the end of the season
Howe - Under contract
Edwards - Under contract
Husband - Under contract
Macdonald - Under contract
Thorniley - Under contract
Nottingham - Out of contract end of season - option available
Shaw - Under contract
Devitt - Under contract
Virtue - Under contract
Spearing - Out of contract at the end of the season
Scanell - Under contract
Ward - Under contract
Kaikai - Under contract
Feeney - Out of contract end of season - option available
Garrity - Under contract
Hardie - Under contract
Gnanduillet - Out of contract at the end of the season
Delf - Under Contract
Madine - Under contract
Nuttall - Under contract
Yussuf - Under Contract

Our loanees are:
Moore
Ronan
Dewsbury-Hall
Bola
Heneghan

I had hoped this season would be a rebuilding job with a view to a promotion push next season. Sadly we have a major rebuilding job to do in the summer and my hopes have been put back a year. On the plus side we gave a record of being good for developing loanees so we can expect some more good prospects to be recruited next term.

Thanks Sexy

Maxwell - Out of contract at the end of the season - I don't mind either way
Howard - Out of contract at the end of the season - Bye
Bony - Under contract - Loan out if we can
Mafoumbi - Out of contract at the end of the season - Bye never given a chance by Larry
Turton - Out of contract at the end of the season - I don't mind either way
Howe - Under contract
Edwards - Under contract - get rid
Husband - Under contract - Decent player complete nutter get rid
Macdonald - Under contract - needs to improve
Thorniley - Under contract - Get rid
Nottingham - Out of contract end of season - option available - get rid
Shaw - Under contract - keep
Devitt - Under contract - Get rid
Virtue - Under contract - Keep
Spearing - Out of contract at the end of the season - Thanks Jay but time we separated
Scanell - Under contract
Ward - Under contract - get rid
Kaikai - Under contract - KEEP and build the team around him
Feeney - Out of contract end of season - option available - Keep
Garrity - Under contract - All promise no delivery get rid
Hardie - Under contract - Welcome back open arms
Gnanduillet - Out of contract at the end of the season - if he wants to stay fine but don't push the boat out
Delf - Under Contract
Madine - Under contract - Must improve surely
Nuttall - Under contract - only young give him time
Yussuf - Under Contract - Get rid

What happened to Bola when he went to Boro, he looks a shadow of himself but a bigger shadow

Bear - I think we might even be put back a further year.
A lack of Critchleys own backroomteam may hinder his opinions / views on the current squad. staff.
Recently some players have been right off it. Macdonalld, Turton even Moore was all over the place last night.
For me:
Maxwell - looks ok but his punch last night was awful.no chance with the goals. Either him or Alnwick.
Howard - Get rid
Bony - Get rid. Burton away last season killed his chances here
Mafoumbi - I would keep as a number two.
Sims- would definitely keep. Like the look of him.
Turton - lile him amd we miss him but not sure with Howe signed now if its time to move him.on
Howe - Keep
Edwards - Loans picked ahead of him week in week out. Our best header of the ball but nothing much else. Get rid
Husband - Not sure he will be our greatest signing. Will miss 6-8 games a season suspended.
Macdonald - wobbled recently
Thorniley - we may never know with this lad. Could see him being a casualty
Nottingham - Get rid
Shaw - Keep
Devitt - Get rid
Virtue - Keep
Spearing - can see him.being moved on
Scanell - Get rid. Weak
Ward - Not convinced by what I have seen.
Kaikai - injury prone but keep
Feeney - will ha e played enough to exercise his option but for me 1 good cross a game is not enough.get shut. Scared to tackle.
Garrity - Under contract
Hardie - recall and hopefully we may see the best of him
Gnanduillet - resigned to losing him. A 20 goal a season replacement will not be cheap
Delf - Needs to buck up. Keep
Madine - As above
Nuttall - hopefully develop under good coach
Yussuf - Get rid

Our loanees are:
Moore- no chance of signing
Ronan - no chance of signing
Dewsbury-Hall- will be Championship at lowest next season
Bola - would like him back. Good coach would be great LB
Heneghan - Think he will sign.

Midfielders, 2 CHs and 2 strikers required as s minimum.
Expensive business this for SS

Maxwell - On the ball and reads the game well
Husband - Solid enough
Macdonald - Has great potential and could well fit in
Kakai Also has potential with flare. Not yet fully proven due to mis fortune
Feeny Solid and proven plus hard working
Hardie unfortunate with us, timing wrong, needs another go
Gnands Great feet, deceptive, works hard, but plays a little too deep. Opportunist natural goal scorer if he plays where he should
Nuttall because I think he will come good, given the right situation
Virtue - good fit and would improve vastly with better players around
Having said this, any crocks are useless

Not going to bother mentioning loan players, Just the bare bones

Last edited:
Blackpool skipper Jay Spearing hopes to extend his stay at Bloomfield Road
Blackpool captain Jay Spearing is ready to pledge his future to the club.

The 31-year-old is out of contract in the summer but has already informed the Seasiders he is keen to remain at Bloomfield Road.
The midfielder is excited at what the future holds under the new head coach, Neil Critchley, and is prepared to come along for the ride.
He told The Gazette: “I’ve told the manager and I’ve told the staff that I’d love to be here in the project going forward. I think it’s exciting times for the club.

“At the end of the day it’s down to them. If they want to give me a new contract then that would be fantastic.

“They know where I stand. I enjoy being here and I really enjoy playing football with the new manager especially.
“I do see the club going forward and I’d love to be part of that if the option was there.”
Spearing added: “From day one, when the new owner (Simon Sadler) came in, we said we wanted to be a part of it.
“I want to be a part of it and most of the lads do as well, otherwise we wouldn’t be working as hard as we are on the training field.

“It is really exciting to see that Blackpool are back. The crowds are back and hopefully the new training ground will get done, which will show the club is taking massive steps forward.
“It’s a great place to be a part of. The managerial appointment is a great one because he’s got experience and he’s going to come in with a different way of playing.
“We’ve got to enjoy the rest of the season and win as many games as possible, because no-one enjoys losing games and we’re not here to just be on a ride until the end of the season. We want to be successful.
“We start by being successful and hopefully take that into pre-season and onto next season.”

Spearing also reserved special praise for the club’s fans, who have stuck with the team despite their mixed form this season.
“The fans this season have been absolutely outstanding. They’ve got their club back and they deserve it back,” he added.
“Whether we’ve been winning games or losing games, they’ve always been there and have kept singing – even when we’ve conceded goals – and stayed right behind us.
“In the second half, when we’re attacking towards the North Stand, they’ve really sucked us into their half at times.

“We can only thank them for that, they’ve been brilliant from the get-go and I think for them to be on this ride with us is good.
“They now understand we’re in a transition phase in terms of how we’re playing and the recent signs show we’re not going to be sitting back.
“We’re going to be getting in people’s faces, we’re going to dominate the game and it’s hopefully going to be enjoyable, attacking football that they want to come and watch.
“From myself and the rest of the lads, the support up until now and going forwards has been outstanding.”

I don't see him as a regular starter myself. He has previously carried the team but I think he has looked tired this season

I think he played well when he come on against Tranmere worth keeping but I think Virtue offers more attacking wise.

He had a good game and scored a cracking goal when we played away at Reading, so that would not be a surprise.

With the virus still around for the rest of this year I just wonder if PL clubs will be more reluctant to loan out their youngsters