Who do you fancy to win the Champions League? | Vital Football

Who do you fancy to win the Champions League?

norfstander

Vital Youth Team
Chelsea pretty much have to win it now, which will bring added pressure, and i'm not sure they could cope with a really on-form Madrid, and they lack a top striker. Lots of experience, though, and Mourinho's good at tailoring his tactics for opponents in crunch games.

I'm not convinced this Bayern side is quite as good as others think. At their best they're wonderful, but of late they've looked vulnerable a bit, and no-one's ever retained the Champions League. They have plenty of form for choking in Finals as well. Think a well-drilled side could frustrate them.

Atletico have really impressed this season, are solid at the back, press as a team and break very well. Costa being fit will be hugely important for them. Hope they win it, but fear a lack of experience, collectively and individually, may tell against the top sides, and they've got a title to think of as well.

Madrid should rightly be favourites and have the best set of players, but they can lack discipline in big games and Ronaldo isn't match fit. They too have bottled a few European Cups in the latter stages since they last won it.

Gut feeling is that Chelsea will have too much experience for Atletico over two legs. Fancy Real to be too strong for Bayern, so a Chelsea/Madrid final, which as a spectacle could be pretty terrible.

Madrid to win it.

I went for Real with Bayern as runners up in our prediction thread at the start of the season, obviously that can't happen now but I'll stick with Real to win it. I'd like to see an all Madrid final at this stage with Athletico winning it preferably.

I thought on another City website Munich, with PSG as runners up.

Atletico are going well in La Liga, and Real edged Barca in the Cup Final, after looking a little uncertain following the equaliser.
Real have more match winners than anyone else; that may prove the difference.

Athletico did look good, but if you get this far in the compettition then you stand a chance to win it.

I do not think there are any outstanding teams that you could for certain say, they look the business and chelsea have just as much chance as any of the others.

As an english team, I would naturally want them to win it.

There is a part of me that hopes Chelsea win the title, especially if Liverpool win the Premier League and Arsenal win the FA Cup. That would leave the rags not only out of Europe but also trophy-less while all of their rivals won a major trophy.

A bit peevish there PBM, but I think that sharing the trophies around with different teams makes the league better, rather than ruining it with just the same team winning everything.

with the money GM are about to give the rags then they will be able to buy themselves out of trouble assuming they get the right man.

Mourinho complains every time a weaker team parks the bus against them. He then goes to Spain and does just that. Torres was the only player who averaged the first half spent in the opposing half. I hope Atletico blows them away the next three halves.