Who are we? | Vital Football

Who are we?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Is this the Tottenham Hotspur of the past?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523771">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

To Dare Is To Do

The Game Is About Glory

Is this the Tottenham Hotspur of the past?

Or are we made of different stuff?

Personally, I see us as the new United. Stability in management. Focussed. Intense. Each player pushing every other player. Mentally and physically tough. Adaptable.

And above all......relentless.

The relentless hard work that is being done behind the scenes in training, on the pitch and off the pitch is what champions do. They don't waver every time there is a set back. They analyze, adapt and move on.

Players come in, they adapt to the environment or are moved on.

This isn't glory glory.

This is a machine designed to win trophies. And if the management stays stable it will.

We get closer every year.

It's coming.

I'm still buzzing after that great performance. Now that the dust is beginning to settle, and we reflect on what was one of the best performances of a modern day Spurs team I've ever seen, I asl myself the same question..."Who are we?"

Without taking anything away from this display V Real, what bothers me is that we are consistently inconsistent. Having said that, when all the stars are aligned and we're close to full strength and mentally prepared, we can beat anyone, anywhere.

I just love that back 3 of Toby, Shanchez and Verts! Trippier is proving a brilliant replacement for Walker, and bringing something extra to the table (balls in the box). Davies has matured and-adjusted well into that WB role.

We're so damn plagued with injuries though! Is it bad lack, or poor preparation, or are we training these guys to within an inch of their life?

Who knows? What I do know is that this Spurs team are on the cusp of something great.

I hope we see it soon with Poch at the helm, and Kane on the front line and that sublime back 5 plus Hugo. :7: :4:

I see shades of Sir Alex in what we're doing...

Sir Alex Ferguson warned entrepreneurs and business owners that true leaders must be “ruthless”, and that “winning is all important” at an event held in the principality of Monaco today.

During his 26-year stint at Manchester United, Sir Alex was forced to make many tough decisions, he admitted. “I was paid to keep winning, that was my job, so I was ruthless. I’m not going to deny that,” he said.

Speaking at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year awards, held in Monte Carlo, the former Manchester United manager addressed an audience of more than 100 business owners, hailing from 50 countries.

According to Sir Alex, true leaders must possess several key attributes. “You have to have a strong personality when you’re leading people,” he said, “And I’ve got a pretty strong personality.”

Self assurance is also a crucial leadership trait, he added. “I never doubted myself,” he said. “Even in the dark days when I first joined Manchester United, I knew that what I was doing was completely right.”

His strategy was to focus on finding and developing young players, ensuring a steady pipeline of talent for the first team. “Managers usually only think about building the first team,” he said. “I felt that I had to build a football club.”

This remained his strategy for almost three decade and this consistency inspired loyalty in his staff, Sir Alex claimed. “If you keep changing your mind, I don’t think it’s positive.”

10Hoddle - 2/11/2017 22:16

I'm still buzzing after that great performance. Now that the dust is beginning to settle, and we reflect on what was one of the best performances of a modern day Spurs team I've ever seen, I asl myself the same question..."Who are we?"

Without taking anything away from this display V Real, what bothers me is that we are consistently inconsistent. Having said that, when all the stars are aligned and we're close to full strength and mentally prepared, we can beat anyone, anywhere.

I just love that back 3 of Toby, Shanchez and Verts! Trippier is proving a brilliant replacement for Walker, and bringing something extra to the table (balls in the box). Davies has matured and-adjusted well into that WB role.

We're so damn plagued with injuries though! Is it bad lack, or poor preparation, or are we training these guys to within an inch of their life?

Who knows? What I do know is that this Spurs team are on the cusp of something great.

I hope we see it soon with Poch at the helm, and Kane on the front line and that sublime back 5 plus Hugo. :7: :4:

The one thing I can answer for certain (and maybe I shouldn't if you're the type to believe in the fates!) is that since Poch took over, we had the lowest number of days lost to injury...and then came Lamela (which is a condition that he had when he joined) and of course Rose....

The romantic in me wants us to hold aloft the PL title in the first season at the new WHL....what a bit of history that would be.

But I won't mind being wrong and we lift it in the lofty heights of Wemberley next May!

Greavswasthegreatest - 3/11/2017 09:00

The romantic in me wants us to hold aloft the PL title in the first season at the new WHL....what a bit of history that would be.

But I won't mind being wrong and we lift it in the lofty heights of Wemberley next May!

I think we're close, but I still believe we're one/two gamechanging players away from making it a real possibility...

Is Poch as ruthless as Fergie? He isn't yet IMO but he he can become like him. I feel at times we are to nice. Especially with the international games.....

I think budget constraints don't allow MP to be as ruthless as he would like to be,

Spursex - 3/11/2017 08:45

10Hoddle - 2/11/2017 22:16

The one thing I can answer for certain (and maybe I shouldn't if you're the type to believe in the fates!) is that since Poch took over, we had the lowest number of days lost to injury...and then came Lamela (which is a condition that he had when he joined) and of course Rose....

Agreed.

I do think once a player gets a certain type of injury like Lamela has you don't fully recover. Add the intensity of Poch and his philosophy that type of player will have a shorter shelf life. Basically any player we have with long term problems can not cope with the intensity we train or play at.

I can see Rose, Lamela and moose all being sold soon because of this.

I don't think Moose wants to go anywhere.

No one will take Lamela.

Danny is gone as soon as they can move him.

80deg16minW - 3/11/2017 12:54

I don't think Moose wants to go anywhere.

No one will take Lamela.

Danny is gone as soon as they can move him.

I think Moose is a realist and he will fight for a stay; he missed the chance for a big money move to China and won't happen now, so I do wonder where he can go next?

Spursex - 3/11/2017 04:59

Greavswasthegreatest - 3/11/2017 09:00

I think we're close, but I still believe we're one/two gamechanging players away from making it a real possibility...

I'd like to see a chart or analysis comparing our recent history of performances against defensive setups versus open attacks (RM, Dortmund, Liverpool as examples). Seen any?

We are the team that others are talking about and pundits are admiring. Even ex gooners like Henry . Also Neville, Carragher etc like us and want us to do well. There is a buzz about us. Expectations are increasing, it's time to deliver.

And then we should ask who are we as supporters?

Are we nervous every time something negative happens? If so, why?

Or are we confident that based on the last 4 years we are moving forward and have the mentality to move through any obstacle?

Are we the supporters of a team on the rise? Or a team that perennially fails?

Which one are you? There isn't a right answer. It just is what it is.

Good set of questions there.

We are supporters of a team on the rise....fact.

We are however supporters devoid of celebrating competition wins.

Although I'd love to see us win the title and Cups, I get my joy in finishing above the arse and chavs.

When we slip or faulter, I do have a tendency to worry, as we never have the luxury of being 8-10 points ahead, or huge budgets. No....we rely on good management and player attitude. Without that, we could easily fall into the abyss of mid table.

Poch has to learn from each game, win, lose or draw. Although a brilliant coach, he's been known to adopt some strange tactics that we can I'll afford, but hey, he's human. I'm happy and proud to have him.