Whitehawk | Vital Football

Whitehawk

MaineRoad_96

Vital 1st Team Regular
As its FA Cup weekend I had an awful recollection of a miserable Sunday afternoon spent in the ar5e end of Brighton seeing us get outclassed.

Ill be honest and say that Whitehawk was one of those 'never again' moments for me (as well as Carshalton, Welling, North Ferriby, Bath etc etc) where my loyalty to Lincoln was sorely tested. It was only two years ago - how times change.

Luke Imp - 2/11/2017 13:43

Steve King is back as their manager now.

Not doing well in the NLS.

No wins after 16 games! At the time I'm sure the odds would have been on the two teams fortunes being reversed.

MaineRoad_96 - 2/11/2017 13:36

As its FA Cup weekend I had an awful recollection of a miserable Sunday afternoon spent in the ar5e end of Brighton seeing us get outclassed.

Ill be honest and say that Whitehawk was one of those 'never again' moments for me (as well as Carshalton, Welling, North Ferriby, Bath etc etc) where my loyalty to Lincoln was sorely tested. It was only two years ago - how times change.

It was definitely a "You useless bunch of effing c0cks" moment, wasn't it?

Got a bit heated towards the players at the end. I seem to remember a bin making it's way on to the pitch as well!

How times have changed.

Whitehawk!! That memory just sends shudders down the spine of every imps fan!!

Just think how we could have continued to drift further into Non League oblivion! York City lost 3-2 at home to Tamworth on Saturday and sit in 9th place in National League North two places above above Stockport County!! It's going to be a long road back to the league for those two clubs!

Some of those (who remain the few) who bemoan the fact we aren't winning by a shedload at the moment should think well on that and thank heavens we have the Cowley's in charge!

APHLCFC - 2/11/2017 13:59

Got a bit heated towards the players at the end. I seem to remember a bin making it's way on to the pitch as well!

How times have changed.

What is it with City fans and bins. I remember a bin went on the pitch went we lost to Boston in L2 back in 2002.

I've been following their plight this season, at first with joy but now almost pityingly. They were really on the up-and-up when they played us, and were on their way to a second successive play-off berth. How times change when the money dries up.

Had the weekend in Brighton,got outplayed and showed no tactical nouse on the day.Lots of ex-pros playing for them.Sloping pitch, and gave their widemen and midfielders freedom of the park and got what we deserved fupp-all.

Getting on the train home back down south took some doing after the 0-4 shafting by north ferriby.

At the final whistle at Carshalton it was more of a "how low can we go" we were non league and sh1te non league with a load of bottlers wearing lcfc kit!!

Whitesnake was the worst ground I have been too. I think it was a lower point than Carshalton because it was being shown live on BBC. I took a lot of stick over that one where as Carshalton past most people at work by thankfully.

As was previously mentioned that was only 2 years ago. Thank god for the Cowley boys.
UTFI.

Thank god indeed ketterin. Felt for a long time like we would never return to the football league, seasons of despair.
Dc/Nc fast becoming club legends
Last season without doubt will live forever in all our memories. UTI

Eweimps - 2/11/2017 19:33

Thank god indeed ketterin. Felt for a long time like we would never return to the football league, seasons of despair.
Dc/Nc fast becoming club legends
Last season without doubt will live forever in all our memories. UTI

What happened last season?

devonexlondonimp - 2/11/2017 18:26

Getting on the train home back down south took some doing after the 0-4 shafting by north ferriby.

At the final whistle at Carshalton it was more of a "how low can we go" we were non league and sh1te non league with a load of bottlers wearing lcfc kit!!

I turned to my son at the end of the Carshalton game and said that we had reached our nadir. Indeed we had.

Whitehawk was in no way as bad as Carshalton. They were Conference South, and pumped full of money at least.

And Rheady got a hattrick, a feat not matched since.

Carshalton was the low point, Whitehawk was Lincoln City business as usual.