Which team do you dislike but don't know why? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Which team do you dislike but don't know why?

Mine's a bit of a different take: I dislike all the premier league teams apart from Palace, who I've got a bit of a soft spot for. But I hate West Ham, Spurs, Leeds and particularly Brighton

Palace?! It's not really rational to *not* have a dislike of a team who are one of our nearest football league rivals, who we haven't beaten at Selhurst since the 1970's, and whose fans would only ever sing songs at us about how we should 'f**k off to our caravans!'. I remember when Simon Jordan was their chairman, bemoaning bitterly the 'ignonimy' of every occasion we would beat them at home.

I also remember how a group of Palace 'fans' took over the Dog & Bone when we once played them at home (2003), openly snorting lines of Colombian sherbert from the tables, demanding to know where our 'firm were plotted-up'.

Crystal Palace. I try justifying my dislike for them through cheesy support but that’s a weak argument. They’re a very non-offensive club. The odd caravan/***** song is sang by most clubs in this country! I feel they treated Simon Jordan badly after all he’s ploughed into that club but he’s a twat anyway.

Harrow, are you sure you’re not thinking of Charlton when they took over the Britton Farm House?

I am now starting to hope that my most hated club, Brighton, will go down rather than good old Fulham

Last edited:
I am now starting to hope that my most hated club, Brighton, will go dow rather than good old Fulham
Both clubs have had success recently due to a sugar daddy, against the spirit of the game. Brighton fans aren’t offensive to me overall other than a few dicks unhappy groundsharing with us. Fulham fans are either ***** or toff types that see supporting Fulham as a status thing. The Aussies are alright though.

I'm desperate for Fulham to fail after the season they went up under Keegan and sang we'll never play you again we simply have to play them again

Not that keen on Leeds. Palace and QPR irritate me for some reason and Fulham will always be a Div IV club to me.

I'm desperate for Fulham to fail after the season they went up under Keegan and sang we'll never play you again we simply have to play them again
Yes, particularly irksome as just a few years earlier I'd chucked some money in a collection bin being taken round the Cottage (during a Paintpot game iirc) when they thought they were going bust. Plus I was 5 yards away from that disgusting foul when Mark O'Connor's leg was broken and that pr#ck tried to pill him up on his feet as if he was faking it.

Yes, particularly irksome as just a few years earlier I'd chucked some money in a collection bin being taken round the Cottage (during a Paintpot game iirc) when they thought they were going bust. Plus I was 5 yards away from that disgusting foul when Mark O'Connor's leg was broken and that pr#ck tried to pill him up on his feet as if he was faking it.
From what I’ve seen with my own eyes the atmosphere has been ugly at the last few games between us, ever since a group of them decided to run through an alley to attack Gills fans leaving Priestfield once...

I’d say there are many reasons to naturally dislike or hate them (they’re actually the only team I hate).