Watkins
Digne
Carlos
Tielemans
Mings
Cash

? Luiz & McGinn last year ?
?

I guess Emi1 has never been on anyone's hit list and Torres has only been here 5 minutes
Kamara has had his critics too

I will hold my hands up this one. Under Gerrard I thought McGinn had reached his ceiling. He is a man transformed under Unai. It goes to show what elite level coaching brings to players performances. Probably far too often the players get the blame for poor coaching.

I will hold my hands up this one. Under Gerrard I thought McGinn had reached his ceiling. He is a man transformed under Unai. It goes to show what elite level coaching brings to players performances. Probably far too often the players get the blame for poor coaching.
All regular premier league starters are within a few percentage points of each other in terms of ability and skill. It's a team game at the end of the day, so of course the coaching and team dynamic are more important than the individual. Occasionally there will be a stand out player, but rarely one who can lift a whole team to new levels.

Sell Dendonker for me, but that's about it! Anything else would have to be a silly money and I don't see that happening.

With FFP looking like a more serious threat after what happened to Everton, I don't expect there will be much money going around.

The usual big spenders are already maxed out for FFP, so everyone will be tightening their belts meaning squads could look very similar for the next couple of years. Excellent news for us.

Bert, Hause and Chambers - clear a path for some youngsters and bring in some reinforcements. Coutinho is a good shout, don't know how he's been performing (if at all) in Saudi. It would have to be obscene money to let one of the regulars leave.
Yep I would add Dendonker to that list. I have also read that Barcelona might recall Lenglet in January because of his lack of game time so he might be gone.

Well I think the list has included all these over the last 2 years
Bailey
Watkins
Digne
Carlos
Tielemans
Mings
Cash

? Luiz & McGinn last year ?
?

I guess Emi1 has never been on anyone's hit list and Torres has only been here 5 minutes
Kamara has had his critics too

Well at times all the players in that list were not performing to the required standard. As supporters we can only judge what we see on the pitch. So it's entirely reasonable for fans to want to see new players coming in and underperforming players moved out.

The manager however has a greater knowledge of the players and is paid to see things we don't see - in addition it is very expensive shifting players out and bringing new ones in.

IMO any players brought in now should be brought with the intention of having an impact at first team(GK accepted )- they must be better than what we have (and right now we have an excellent squad).

Obviously every player has his price - but I'm hoping we only accept ludicrous bids for our players and those funds be re invested

It's along season. I would not let anyone go unless it's one in one out.
Resources will get stretched in 2024 through to May , we will need all hands to the pump.
Though Coutinho is surplus as is Hause .

Well at times all the players in that list were not performing to the required standard. As supporters we can only judge what we see on the pitch. So it's entirely reasonable for fans to want to see new players coming in and underperforming players moved out.

The manager however has a greater knowledge of the players and is paid to see things we don't see - in addition it is very expensive shifting players out and bringing new ones in.

IMO any players brought in now should be brought with the intention of having an impact at first team(GK accepted )- they must be better than what we have (and right now we have an excellent squad).

Obviously every player has his price - but I'm hoping we only accept ludicrous bids for our players and those funds be re invested
Spot on

Hause, Olsen, Coutinho, Chambers are all dead certs to go I think. Dendonkor probably as well though I'd keep him for this season. It's surely Berts last season with us as well. Lenglets loan probably won't be made permanent and currently neither will Nico's.

So that's 8 potential leavers with only one of them playing anything more than a bit part this season (Nico). It'll clear a lot off the wage bill which will be useful but won't yield much in terms of incoming fees.

It'll be interesting to see who/what areas we'll try to strengthen this summer. Especially as we don't know the exact details of the buyback clauses for JPB, A Ramsey and Archer.

Same, couldn't fathom McGinn playing possession football or Watkins and Mings. As recently as last week I thought we'd ship Diego Carlos back to Spain.

Even Olsen, there was a massive improvement in his footwork last week. I think he still carries a slight bit of blame for playing that pass to Kamara but I can see he is way more confident than he used to be.

The only reason to sell players at this point is to make more room. Its not even that some of them might not be good enough its simply that we need to get players better than the first XI which is no mean feat.

Of course I don't want to sell any of those NOW but was just thinking back to how weak I [we?] thought some of them were a year ago.
But I agree on most of the reserves people have listed here as Europe & Cups suggest we don't have very good back up options without JJ, Moreno, Mings, Emi2 being available.