Where will we finish. | Vital Football

Where will we finish.

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
The window has shut, we mostly know who we've lost and gained, we've had the opportunity to watch a few games and to see our strengths and weaknesses. So where do you think we'll finish?

My glass is half-full so I'm going to plump for 10th. We'll flatter to deceive that we are in a race for a pray-off spot but never quite be in the running.

We'll play some excellent football and some ineffectual stuff, at times we'll make mistakes and be outmuscled but we'll end up with a side we can finally have a touch of pride about.

7th to 10th but with a slim chance of making the play offs if we're in touching distance in April because we'll get better and better as the season goes on.

Play offs & when we lose the same miserable or pompous experts will blame it all on King Warbz despite their protestations of us being league 1 standard at best, not big enough, not defensive enough, too interesting to watch or whatever other rammel they're talking that/this week.

Woanz - 3/9/2017 19:56

Play offs & when we lose the same miserable or pompous experts will blame it all on King Warbz despite their protestations of us being league 1 standard at best, not big enough, not defensive enough, too interesting to watch or whatever other rammel they're talking that/this week.

Whereas you will be boycotting games in protest at the jailing of Nelson Mandela :19:

Pope John XXIII - 3/9/2017 20:06

Whereas you will be boycotting games in protest at the jailing of Nelson Mandela :19:

Surely you mean Winnie Mandela; Nelson croaked it a few years back.

I suppose with all of the mayhem of the Fawaz years his death would have been easily missed, even for a hist......; no, better not go there!

mao tse tung - 3/9/2017 20:23

I suppose with all of the mayhem of the Fawaz years his death would have been easily missed, even for a hist......; no, better not go there!

I think that one has gone over your head a bit Mao. Never mind.

Is Winnie still in prison for murder?

Pope John XXIII - 3/9/2017 20:27

I was fully aware of what you was getting at with Woanz; I don't think Winnie actually went to prison.

I could be wrong but I thought the truth and reconciliation commission bailed her out.

9th place - we will drop into bottom half, claw or way back into the playoff positions with some wonderful football after Christmas and then slip out again in the last month or so.

Usual suspects will be calling for MW's head by November (at the latest) and then again after we miss out (claiming no plan b and too many sideways passes killed the season)

MW to be offered improved deal but moves to premier league club during closed season ( most likely either Spurs or Everton)

Pope John XXIII - 3/9/2017 21:27

ANC comrades and their friends, colleagues & associates rarely go to prison for anything.
On the odd occasion someone does they are out on medical parole within months.

Was getting at? Your impeccable grammar slipped a bit there. I wont enter into a tirade of abuse though because nobody is perfect.