Where will we finish? | Vital Football

Where will we finish?

Where will we finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nibbles

Vital Football Hero
Poll closes in 6 days. You can change your mind up until it closes as the Galcticos flock to The Priestfield.

Read the posts title and came on here ready to predict 'Back in the Single Market!' But, thankfully this is a Gills post and I have confidently declared a play off spot and I shall not be changing my mind until it is mathematically impossible.
Thank you for putting this together.

8-12th
We always take a year or two to sort ourselves out, except once and that did not turn out well.

I have gone for 8th to 12th in a pathetic attempt to look sensible and grown up. Needless to say I regularly catch myself dreaming of Wembley triumphs and surprise championships.

Third. Followed by 6 seasons in league 1 then back down again & repeat all over again. Probably how it will always be & thats where we are as a club.
Not moaning about it just being realistic and I'd still much prefer that than following some big time Charlies on sky with whom I have no affinity with.

Also went for play-offs, I think we’ll sneak 7th rather than just miss out on the autos though. Hopefully with a late run that gives us momentum through to Wembley.

I think our biggest asset this season is Neil Harris with the success that he has had in League 1 and the Championship, I just hope that he is / has been, able to bring in enough good players to achieve what his previous managerial success suggests that he should be able to.

Having been to the two home friendlies, I've seen some promising signs so far (Green and Williams the standouts from the new players from those two games for me), but I do think it somewhat depends on who the final few players are that Harris brings in this summer - From the sounds of his comments, at least some of them are longer term targets that he has been working on for a while, so hopefully this suggests they should be good quality signings.

All in all, if he can get those targets in, then I'd back Harris to guide us to a play-off spot (which is what I've voted for), and hopefully a Wembley promotion to follow!

From the sounds of his comments, at least some of them are longer term targets that he has been working on for a while, so hopefully this suggests they should be good quality signings.

Here’s hoping. Also encouraging comments re SOK (a knock and out for a couple of weeks). My 13-17th prediction Is based on 3-4 signings in line with who we’ve signed so far.

The swingometer is primed and ready.

Champions, but the squad needs a massive improvement.

Imagine Mandron getting a season ending injury. Where are the goals coming from?

Suppose Turner gets a red card. Joe Dunne isn’t around to provide cover.

Even the midfield is a worry. SOK is injured already. AMc isn’t match fit. BR can’t last 90 mins and will probably be injured before midnight.

Would love to think that one day wer'e return to the promised land, unfortunately under Mr Scally we will always be shopping in Lidl's.
I'm coming up to 50 years of supporting The Gills, we've always been 3rd/4th tier (except for the few years that left us in debt)
That's not Scally's fault, it's where we are, all the investment in the world won't get us the sort of crowds we need to sustain anything higher.
I'll probably get slated (again) now 🙄

I've been a GFC supporter since 1958 so I don't fall into the category of daydreamers or glory hunters. I'm also not inclined to accept that nothing can ever change and the proposition that new investment is pointless seems illogical.
Crowd sizes might well change if the match day experience were radically different, if success on the pitch were forthcoming and if a genuinely committed, enthusiastic and PR friendly board of directors was in place.
I've no desire to follow one of the high spending, global money machines that dominate our sport but the highs ( and lows) of following a Brentford, a Norwich or a Brighton would be infinitely preferable to the chronic monotony of Mr Scally's travails.
GFC 'fortunes' are entirely dependant on the priorities of one person - and those seem to be less and less focussed on footballing success. I'm not a 'member of the SOB, I don't frequent the Forum or post abuse about the chairman. I simply think his ambitions and the fans' have not been in alignment for a long time.