Where will we finish 2023/24 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Where will we finish 2023/24

Finishing league position

• Total voters
A good summary but I’d like to think that we can recapture some of our early season form for at least 2 games against the harder fixtures and then as you say get 2 wins - one being Bournemouth the stand out chance. For me it’s very much each game at a time at the moment so all about the Ajax game.
Stuck in the past as always @tarzansbrother, I was with you all the way up to that point :ROFLMAO:

I still think we will finish fourth! :grinning: Yes, blind optimism can sometimes be my default position but hear me out….

There is a world in which we both lose this weekend. Spurs then do not play the one after. We win that, it still feels like anything could happen.

One scenario of many, of course, but it wasn’t long ago that spurs probably felt it was inevitable we would get fourth because they kept dropping points.since then they’ve picked up, we’ve had some iffy games. But it can swing again.

As others have said, twists and turns to come…

It may be all over for Liverpool by then who will qualify for CL and Kloppy will focus on the Europa League, surely!

Play like that and we beat Bournemouth, Chelsea, Brighton and Palace all of whom have fuck all to play for.
To be fair, Chelsea are clicking at the right time and could easily overtake Manure and maybe Newcastle to nab a European spot.

3 games in hand on Spam as well.

If football were played on paper, and we know it's not especially so after yesterdays results, but if it was going by the difficulty of the remaining fixtures then the table ends like this -

4th Villa 71pts
5th Spurs 67pts
6th Newc 65pts
7th United 61pts
8th Chelsea 58pts

Looking good. Thats a nice bit of wriggle room to account for any more 'dodgy' results.

If football were played on paper, and we know it's not especially so after yesterdays results, but if it was going by the difficulty of the remaining fixtures then the table ends like this -

4th Villa 71pts
5th Spurs 67pts
6th Newc 65pts
7th United 61pts
8th Chelsea 58pts

Looking good. Thats a nice bit of wriggle room to account for any more 'dodgy' results.
70pts would be a magnificent season, but I’m not counting any chickens. We’ve longed to be back in this position, but my health is suffering with all the drama. Focus on Lille first, and then we can get back to the league. Hope we go into the Lille game to win and not sit too deep inviting them on to us. Pretty sure we’ll score in that game, but I can see it going the distance - don’t think I could stand penalties though.

I still think we will finish fourth! :grinning: Yes, blind optimism can sometimes be my default position but hear me out….

There is a world in which we both lose this weekend. Spurs then do not play the one after. We win that, it still feels like anything could happen.

One scenario of many, of course, but it wasn’t long ago that spurs probably felt it was inevitable we would get fourth because they kept dropping points.since then they’ve picked up, we’ve had some iffy games. But it can swing again.

As others have said, twists and turns to come…
How do you feel about your post now Dumble.

We will win the next 4 games on the bounce and by the time Spurs have their next winable game, they will be 12 points behind us with 2 games to go.

I think 4th is right in our hands now. Spurs have been playing kamikaze football for a while with their high line and were punished by Newcastle (like us) their next games are against teams that either beat us playing that way (City, liverpool) or had plenty of chances to beat us but didn't (arsenal and chelsea) they're sure to drop points in that run.

United and Newcastle are on the same points, but they're playing each other coming up so one team at least to drop points- meaning one more win for us and Newcastle/United need to win all of their remaining games, which i cant see happening, Newcastle are jekyll and hyde and united are just plain s-hyde.

We're 3 points ahead of spurs now, we have 2 home games to play before spurs play again, we could theoretically be 9 points ahead of them at that stage and they have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all within a week after that.

I think 4th is right in our hands now. Spurs have been playing kamikaze football for a while with their high line and were punished by Newcastle (like us) their next games are against teams that either beat us playing that way (City, liverpool) or had plenty of chances to beat us but didn't (arsenal and chelsea) they're sure to drop points in that run.

United and Newcastle are on the same points, but they're playing each other coming up so one team at least to drop points- meaning one more win for us and Newcastle/United need to win all of their remaining games, which i cant see happening, Newcastle are jekyll and hyde and united are just plain s-hyde.

We're 3 points ahead of spurs now, we have 2 home games to play before spurs play again, we could theoretically be 9 points ahead of them at that stage and they have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all within a week after that.
Makes complete sense on paper - however, all ifs and buts atm. Let’s get through Lille first.