Where do you think we will finish this season part I | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where do you think we will finish this season part I

I get the feeling your trying to make some sort of negative point against me, but I haven't a clue who the hell you are or why you want to do so.

You could try just participating in the thread, or leaving it alone if it pisses you off? Not sure why someone I've never heard of needs to take three posts to have pop at me on a simple thread about where we'll finish

Slow start perhaps with Btitt finding his feet. Better 2nd half of the season but never enough to realistically challenge for 6th. 9th or 10th for me.

Btw all these big teams, villa, newcastle etc, they're not all going to have decent seasons. One or 2 will have a stinker, they always do. Similarly, a no hope team might put in a challenge. Someone like Blackburn perhaps? Or us????

paplane - 10/7/2016 07:26

Slow start perhaps with Btitt finding his feet. Better 2nd half of the season but never enough to realistically challenge for 6th. 9th or 10th for me.

Btw all these big teams, villa, newcastle etc, they're not all going to have decent seasons. One or 2 will have a stinker, they always do. Similarly, a no hope team might put in a challenge. Someone like Blackburn perhaps? Or us????

I agree. There are big question marks over all of these clubs.

For all three relegated clubs, who is going to score their goals? Villa have no one we know of. I think Norwich are relying on Naismith and Jerome, but neither are particularly young any more. Newcastle seem to be relying on Mitrovic and Gayle. Gayle has only scored 15 championship goals ever, so it's not a foregone conclusion he'll do well.

You would say the best placed team currently might well be Sheffield Wednesday.

But I remember thinking the same about Newcastle in 2009- they won't have it all their own way, no strikers, etc. Then out of nowhere hey found Andy Carroll and stormed it.

One of our better players who we would To sign, Gary Gardner is a villa reject. That shows the depth of these squads.

We all know this league is all about momentum and consistency. Whoever can find it, goes up regardless of their players.

Maybe Montanier can find it with us, but I do think we need more attacking/creative outlets to make that a real possibility

At present we are worse off squad wise compared to end of last season. Lower table unless we bring in a few good midfielders

Newcastle and Brighton will be the teams to beat I reckon. There is not much difference between 3quarters of the league and you would expect, although not guarantee, that the likes of Burton and Rotherham struggle. It will also be down to luck partly such as injuries or lack of them.

the jock - 10/7/2016 07:54

At present we are worse off squad wise compared to end of last season. Lower table unless we bring in a few good midfielders

And yet despite our current squad being weaker than the one that finished 16th only on the back of two late wins (at one point we were expecting 20th or 21st), we have five people so far who reckon we are suddenly going to leap from 16th to top three.

I think we will be lower mid-table. While out of Embargo, I am sure we are not sitting on a bunch of money for transfers. If we can stay out of embargo for the 2017-18 season and improve the back office, then while not happy about it, I will accept it.

Word down here is that despite the Owd Girl being on LOCKDOWN if you remain calm but nervous you can see that were targeting 8th place now whether you CHOOSE to believe this I care not a jot.

With a bit of luck, 9th or tenth. It's going to take at least half a season to get sorted and we still need a few more decent players.

I.m expecting a lot more from our new managers than we've had this last few years.

Every single season people say it will be the toughest yet, because of A, B or C coming down. It rarely turns out that way. The Championship is a tough league end of.
Hard to predict right now as we don't really know what the squad will look like come start of the season. Or what level of investment there will be.
However, right now I think we have as good a defence as anyone in the division.
I agree with Jock, midfield really needs re vamping and we are still short up top.
I also think we need a new first choice goal keeper.
So, as it stands, mid table.

Hardy Forest - 10/7/2016 11:17

Every single season people say it will be the toughest yet, because of A, B or C coming down. It rarely turns out that way. The Championship is a tough league end of.
Hard to predict right now as we don't really know what the squad will look like come start of the season. Or what level of investment there will be.
However, right now I think we have as good a defence as anyone in the division.
I agree with Jock, midfield really needs re vamping and we are still short up top.
I also think we need a new first choice goal keeper.
So, as it stands, mid table.

It's goals that win games and points though and I'm hoping that we may just get a bit of a surprise this season.
Agree the midfield needs to be fixed otherwise we'll get left behind again.

Vaughan Lansbury Osborn and Cohen is not a bad position to start from in midfield, we desperately short of creativity

Yes we need signings but if success comes this year it will because Lansbury and Osborn kick on plus Vaughan and Cohen stay fit and play to their potential

Injury's permitting I think we have a solid team a boring team and a team that will continue to struggle to score goals, it needs pace and creativity, hopefully Vellios will help and Burke breaks through but for me the absolute top priority is to find a replacement for Andy Reid

Add 2 top quality wingers and a creative midfield player to the squad and we are not far of a half decent side the rest is how the loanees turn out, can we steer clear of injuries and Britt hitting 20+

The next 3-4 signings will dictate whether we should be optimistic or not

Interesting to dig this one up. Only one prediction of relegation and I'm pretty sure that's mine.

I was miles off on Wigan and Gary's monk though :19:

It's fair to say that most people were expecting more than Fawaz, Montanier, Brazil and Warburton have delivered for us

Ingy - 10/7/2016 07:59

Newcastle and Brighton will be the teams to beat I reckon. There is not much difference between 3quarters of the league and you would expect, although not guarantee, that the likes of Burton and Rotherham struggle. It will also be down to luck partly such as injuries or lack of them.

Surprised nobody has picked up on this.
Ingy you are pretty shrewd mate.

fair shout with Brighton, the rest wasnt rocket science. i said burton would finish above us, that wasn't rocket science either, good manager there :(

paz1967 - 30/4/2017 00:30

fair shout with Brighton, the rest wasnt rocket science. i said burton would finish above us, that wasn't rocket science either, good manager there :(

Did you really Uri Gellar?

Not on this thread you didn't