Where do we stand? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Where do we stand?

forestfire_59 - 13/5/2017 20:22

£200 x 30,000 crowd to pay £21 million in wages, how does that keep us out of embargo ? How many Beretons do we have to sell to make up the difference?

Correct unfortunately

20,000 season tickets at £200 brings in £4m

12,000 season tickets at an average of £450 brings in nearly £6m..and you have another 16,000 seats to sell game by game

It has to make economic sense.

I've always been in favour of a loyalty based scheme- 10% off your season ticket for every 10 consecutive years you have held it.

But if we want to really draw in permanent big crowds we need two things-

A new ground and a bit of success.

We aren't getting the first and who bloody knows about the second

Woanz - 13/5/2017 20:46

forestfaninvegas - 13/5/2017 20:42

I go to the CG every month for a meeting. The food is poor, the facilities dated, the service lacklustre and it just feels like they cannot be arsed. I have been to the crisp bowl in leicester for similar meetings and everything is professional, of high quality and they cannot do enough for the customer. Forest can do very little about the facilities but everything else is within the club's control.

Ever watched a game behind the glass it's shameful.

Really difficult through brandy i know that much.

orbitalforest - 13/5/2017 20:58

Woanz - 13/5/2017 20:46

forestfaninvegas - 13/5/2017 20:42

I go to the CG every month for a meeting. The food is poor, the facilities dated, the service lacklustre and it just feels like they cannot be arsed. I have been to the crisp bowl in leicester for similar meetings and everything is professional, of high quality and they cannot do enough for the customer. Forest can do very little about the facilities but everything else is within the club's control.

Ever watched a game behind the glass it's shameful.

Really difficult through brandy i know that much.

You must hate how difficult it is to chuck a mint imperial through glass. You want to try a Fox's GLASScier mint.

Pros and cons though your being hypothetical by giving the £4-£6 million figures using £200 as let's not forget we aren't selling this extra 16000 seats every week are we. So therefor were getting 12,000 not buying anything extra.
As for the equation shows how allowing spiralling wages to a bloated squad always offsets any amount of income
In the past season we have paid around sixteen players between ten to twenty thousand pounds per week to sit on their ar*es for over half the season which equates even by guesstimate to be over £3 million pounds at the lower end.
Huddersfield got their team together and came up with a plan to logically manage this pricing structure as a one off. Suprise suprise it worked and okay the team has performed on the pitch too but it must have been successful or they would have dropped it like a hot potato. Not carried it over for a second yearSurely everyone cannot believe that it is being used as a loss leader for them.
No one is saying it must be two hundred pounds ! But it doesn't have to be four hundred and fifty to five hundred and forty pounds either .
Better catering and corporate fac ilities profits would increase turnover immensely and believe me catering profits are vast.
Every kiosk at the ground costs probably £80 per match to run plus buy ins but turns over thousands in inferior products .
Get a decent conference and banqueting team together and they more than pay for themselves. Remember this doesn't even have to be on the city ground site but it can be making vast monetary gain every day of the week .
People will pay decent money for a good product . Both on and off the pitch over the last ten years we have underperformed and year on year fans net spends have increased for no valid reason.
Any other business would have gone bust without such blind loyalty. !!!!!