Where do we stand? | Vital Football

Where do we stand?

How many trees?

Vital Reserves Team
http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-finish-above-nottingham-forest-and-leeds-united-in-championship-attendances/story-30328505-detail/story.html

Reality sucks. Are best gate is less than local rivals average.

Reality check! Are we really PL? Or 2nd tire ... 3rd.

We need serious help to develop the brand and business strategies.

This is a sad wake up call.

New ownership will make a difference IF it happens and should that come to pass then development of the ground along with fan friendly season ticket pricing is what should be expected. Tbh all areas of the club need looking at from the academy to the club shop to the catering. Other clubs are light years ahead at the moment

This is our worst season for attendance in a while- we haven't been tenth before.

But

This year is unusual in having not one, but to premier league 'staple' teams in our division in villa and Newcastle. Their high attendances distorts things.

We also finished below Huddersfield- by an average of one ticket! Huddersfield have had their best season in 17 years and flogged their STs really cheap- we have had our worst season in ten.

As for Derby, they have failed this season but their 29,000 comes on the back of four successive summer's of breaking their transfer record, which is handy for flogging STs and four successive years of challenging at the top.

This compared to us, with four successive years of decline and a ground reduced to zero capacity in the summer.

When we have been successful and in he playoffs we have had averages of 25,000 and those fans tend to stick around for a bit.

But we haven't had more than two seasons of sustained challenging in 20 years. Literally, the two Billy Davies seasons in he playoffs are the longest period of sustained challenge for premiership promotion we have had since we were relegated in 99.

We need a couple of seasons of challenging and a sensible, interesting pricing policy by the new owners (not just freezing STs, although that would be a minimum).

I quite like the Hull model, or a version kf it anyway- you pay £30 a month or so and your card then geta you into ALL home games, irrespective of how many there are

Should the club get the pricing structure right then massive impact can be achieved especially after the final home game of the season where 26,000 plus went home happy ( obviously not the 2,000 Ipswich fans.
Huddersfield dropped prices last season and ended up with 17,000 season ticket holders, they've done the same again and that figure is now a record of nearly twenty thousand season ticket holders.
It all depends on the new regime do they want to make their money back quick or is it about rebuilding our once great club again.
£200-£300 season tickets for us would significantly increase the attendance figure to a level we haven't seen for years. If the football is of the home standard that Warburton wants then getting a ticket as a casual could be hard to do .
Hopefully this increases corporate sales, club shop turnover, catering profits , programme sales .
This close season is really important after the five years of stagnation that our current owner has overseen. Please get it right Forest!!!!!

SleafordRed - 13/5/2017 08:34

Should the club get the pricing structure right then massive impact can be achieved especially after the final home game of the season where 26,000 plus went home happy ( obviously not the 2,000 Ipswich fans.
Huddersfield dropped prices last season and ended up with 17,000 season ticket holders, they've done the same again and that figure is now a record of nearly twenty thousand season ticket holders.
It all depends on the new regime do they want to make their money back quick or is it about rebuilding our once great club again.
£200-£300 season tickets for us would significantly increase the attendance figure to a level we haven't seen for years. If the football is of the home standard that Warburton wants then getting a ticket as a casual could be hard to do .
Hopefully this increases corporate sales, club shop turnover, catering profits , programme sales .
This close season is really important after the five years of stagnation that our current owner has overseen. Please get it right Forest!!!!!

My first season ticket was in 2000-2001 when Barnes dropped prices to £199 and about £60 for children.

Attendances of 16,000-17,000 were becoming fairly common until then but the price drop had a huge effect. I was stood in a queue for four hours to get one and have had once ever since

I like the hull model too- so many areas and so much that could be done easily, just needs a willingness to try.

Agree with the general thrust that a little bit of stability and competitiveness would see us comfortably around 25k people average.

How many trees? - 12/5/2017 22:45

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-finish-above-nottingham-forest-and-leeds-united-in-championship-attendances/story-30328505-detail/story.html

Reality sucks. Are best gate is less than local rivals average.

Reality check! Are we really PL? Or 2nd tire ... 3rd.

We need serious help to develop the brand and business strategies.

This is a sad wake up call.

All true unfortunately, didn't realize that Leeds were in the same boat. What a comedown for them as well, a once great club etc. This is what happens when poor quality football is played for too many seasons on the trot.

SleafordRed - 13/5/2017 00:34

The club shop has to improve out of sight

The catering is a disgrace and has to change - it is one making a profit and the catering has significant margins - A coffee cup is about 10p, less if you buy in big enough quantities add hot water wages and the like and you are probably looking at about 40p at most per cup. We sell for over £2. Profit is massive.

Clubs treat fans like customers and then seem surprised when they start acting like customers. Overpricing a product people don't want to consume is going to result in poor sales.

For a long time I've seen Forest as just not worth the money on a Saturday afternoon. It's up to the club to either reduce the cost or improve the quality of they want my future business.

I get my season ticket and that is it for spend at the City Ground. The only exception being if I am absolutely gasping for a drink.

forestfaninvegas - 13/5/2017 18:26

I get my season ticket and that is it for spend at the City Ground. The only exception being if I am absolutely gasping for a drink.

Me too.

I bought my daughter some forest gloves a couple of months ago and that was probably my first purchase from club in about four years

Ive been down today to buy the kids the new kits. I also picked up a 150 year anniversary kit, the one with the gold stripe to wear by the pool, which incidentally is at room temperature

Toodlepip

My point exactly Pope pricing at £200-250 would mean that there would probably only be around two to three thousand seats to sell on a match day and in hospitality. To create a full house almost every home game.
The club shop has always been dire since it has been re-modelled and shows very limited stocks of anything other than shirts. We have one of the best designers in Nottingham (Paul Smith) who could be brought on board to create a club range of high class top end priced clothing something like Paul Smith 1865 which the more affluent consumers not just from our club would purchase.
It also defies belief to me that clubs like the south bank are doing all of the organising and taking all of the profits from the evenings with that they do (I'e, Collymore, Cohen) these should be club staples that generate income from tickets and food and beverage sales. As well as creating a buzz around the ground on quiet nights.
As a caterer myself I can tell you that all levels of catering supplied within the ground are shocking. Drinks are extortionately priced and hence most fans no longer use the facilities due to the costs involved. Football clubs do not seem to get the real idea of smaller profits equating to larger volume- increased turnover and gross profit.
How many fans are like myself enter the ground and do not spend one further penny due to the pricing being so unreasonable.
Also if the club really want to generate income and if the Ifollow platform is going to cover every forest game overseas then why can the club not be showing the away games with an entry fee of a few pounds and create food and beverage sales to the fans who very often cannot get to away games due to income.
Marketing at the city ground has never been anywhere near the revenue stream that it should have been because it has never before been deemed to be that important - why?!!!!!!!!

When ND brought Kit Bag into run the club shop the standard and amount of Forest stuff that was available was excellent even if it was not exactly cheap. Since we have done it ourselves it is expensive tat.

I would buy a coffee or tea if 3 things changed.

The prices dropped
The staff learned some fooking manners and customer service skills
The managers learned how to manage a t-bar that is busy for a bit before the game and 20 minutes around half time. It really is not that difficult.

Prior to FFP, the marketing probably didn't matter too much if you had an owner willing to put the money in. During this period we seem to have thought that throwing money at things was the answer, rather than having a proper player purchasing strategy and developing our income streams. These things, tied in with the even more important failure of the team on the pitch, have left us attempting to play catch-up with the teams who have developed proper plans.

£200 x 30,000 crowd to pay £21 million in wages, how does that keep us out of embargo ? How many Beretons do we have to sell to make up the difference?

I go to the CG every month for a meeting. The food is poor, the facilities dated, the service lacklustre and it just feels like they cannot be arsed. I have been to the crisp bowl in leicester for similar meetings and everything is professional, of high quality and they cannot do enough for the customer. Forest can do very little about the facilities but everything else is within the club's control.

Ever since Sir Brian I've never trusted our attendance figures I remember being crammed on a terrace as a child being worried about being crushed only to be told the attendance was 21,000.

As for the sheep you'd have thought all those people would generate an atmosphere, unless they were there for the free tickets, free subways & free t-shirts SHAME

forestfaninvegas - 13/5/2017 20:42

I go to the CG every month for a meeting. The food is poor, the facilities dated, the service lacklustre and it just feels like they cannot be arsed. I have been to the crisp bowl in leicester for similar meetings and everything is professional, of high quality and they cannot do enough for the customer. Forest can do very little about the facilities but everything else is within the club's control.

Ever watched a game behind the glass it's shameful.