WHERE ARE THESE NEW OWNERS ANY ONE SEEN ONE AT THE GROUND | Vital Football

WHERE ARE THESE NEW OWNERS ANY ONE SEEN ONE AT THE GROUND

walgarthjohn

Vital 1st Team Regular
Any one else think these new owners did not have a clue what they were buying The Royals are doing a great job :arrghh::arrghh:

Realistically what do people want the new owners to do to make them feel happy?

In January when many fans wanted us to sack Cook there was a poll by WEP and the majority still wanted us to keep faith in Cook so they went with the concensus which i disagreed with personally but accepted it's not smart for new owners to make such a big call when it would likely upset the majority.

When we didn't sack him we all largely accepted the reality was that he would be given the rest of the season.

Then in Jan according to Cook Sharpe and Royle millions in funds were available but not spent and the agreement to sell Grigg was unanimous.

There was interviews with the IEC crew when they arrived and not much further info since but i dont think there is much they could say generally that would make anything really any better on the pitch.

I understand people are frustrated but i dont think IEC have done anything wrong. They've left the club to be run in largely exactly the same way it was under the Whelans so far with the only difference being no Sharpe tweets.

IEC may or may not turn out any good but thus far i don't think there's much you can either praise or critasise on that really would've made a significant difference.

So you wouldnt like to see one of them at a match this season

Personally it doesn't really make any difference to me if they show up or not if they are covering the costs to keep the club running year on year and making good decisions. They haven't made a big call yet but when they do that is the time it's fair to judge.

So far funds have apparently been available and disruption to running of club minimal is good and plans to revamp the academy and recruiting department plus expand revenue streams seems like right strategy - just need to see them deliver that and it isnt something we can see results from just yet

Personally it doesn't really make any difference to me if they show up or not if they are covering the costs to keep the club running year on year and making good decisions. They haven't made a big call yet but when they do that is the time it's fair to judge.

So far funds have apparently been available and disruption to running of club minimal is good and plans to revamp the academy and recruiting department plus expand revenue streams seems like right strategy - just need to see them deliver that and it isnt something we can see results from just yet
Thats a good point but if we go down dout any of that will happen

Realistically what do people want the new owners to do to make them feel happy?

In January when many fans wanted us to sack Cook there was a poll by WEP and the majority still wanted us to keep faith in Cook so they went with the concensus which i disagreed with personally but accepted it's not smart for new owners to make such a big call when it would likely upset the majority.

When we didn't sack him we all largely accepted the reality was that he would be given the rest of the season.

Then in Jan according to Cook Sharpe and Royle millions in funds were available but not spent and the agreement to sell Grigg was unanimous.

There was interviews with the IEC crew when they arrived and not much further info since but i dont think there is much they could say generally that would make anything really any better on the pitch.

I understand people are frustrated but i dont think IEC have done anything wrong. They've left the club to be run in largely exactly the same way it was under the Whelans so far with the only difference being no Sharpe tweets.

IEC may or may not turn out any good but thus far i don't think there's much you can either praise or critasise on that really would've made a significant difference.

Sorry King but I heard and read PC say that he couldn't spend the Grigg proceeds until summer. Not 'wouldn't' nor 'agreed to' and it also came across (IMO) that he wasn't so happy.

You may recall, we also had the balance of the 'Burns' transfer proceeds and importantly, the owners have extended WAFC financial year by a month. There are always reasons for these actions, there has to be. I wrote on another post what I believe was 'going on' - they're strengthening the balance sheet and creating the look of a positive cash flow and possibly showing a profit. I have no doubt they'll be crowing about their financial management capabilities etc.

Remember; Sir Isaac Newtons third law of physics; “for every action, there is...” well it also applies to other things in life.

When you say they've left the club to be run exactly like the Whelans. Which period of the Whelans ownership are you citing? IMO for the last few years we have been drifting - DW did not want to invest any more brass and he wanted out, that was proved in the price he accepted for the full shooting match. Not to forget, just prior to completion of the acquistion, IEC knocked £2 million off the agreed price for a paltry reason. DW accepted it – I thought; one desperate man and not the DW I used to know.

As regards an IEC director attending a match. I think they have bigger fish to fry back home. Their share price and market cap has 'bombed' in the last 12 months and as I stated on another thread they were still losing money. I read a report in a far east financial newspaper that IEC had appointed more directors to help rescue/turnaround the business. God only knows why they wanted to own a loss making football club.

All that lovely land they aquired in the deal, which will eventually be sold off for housing which greater Manchester are desperate to build.

Sorry King but I heard and read PC say that he couldn't spend the Grigg proceeds until summer. Not 'wouldn't' nor 'agreed to' and it also came across (IMO) that he wasn't so happy.

You may recall, we also had the balance of the 'Burns' transfer proceeds and importantly, the owners have extended WAFC financial year by a month. There are always reasons for these actions, there has to be. I wrote on another post what I believe was 'going on' - they're strengthening the balance sheet and creating the look of a positive cash flow and possibly showing a profit. I have no doubt they'll be crowing about their financial management capabilities etc.

Remember; Sir Isaac Newtons third law of physics; “for every action, there is...” well it also applies to other things in life.

When you say they've left the club to be run exactly like the Whelans. Which period of the Whelans ownership are you citing? IMO for the last few years we have been drifting - DW did not want to invest any more brass and he wanted out, that was proved in the price he accepted for the full shooting match. Not to forget, just prior to completion of the acquistion, IEC knocked £2 million off the agreed price for a paltry reason. DW accepted it – I thought; one desperate man and not the DW I used to know.

As regards an IEC director attending a match. I think they have bigger fish to fry back home. Their share price and market cap has 'bombed' in the last 12 months and as I stated on another thread they were still losing money. I read a report in a far east financial newspaper that IEC had appointed more directors to help rescue/turnaround the business. God only knows why they wanted to own a loss making football club.

I don't dispute your points at all, you could well be right but at the moment i think they haven't been in charge long enough to accurately judge them overall. Personally i want to see how they get on in the next year before i make a strong opinion as a lot can change (for good or bad) very quickly in football and thus far they haven't really been tested with a big call.

To be honest if they put the money in and run the club properly then i could not care if they came to games or not!!

Latest rumour on another board saying IEC already sounding out interested parties for a sale! Really cannot see it myself

Which is hardly surprising seeing how late the deal was done. How would he possibly have had time to spend the money when we didn't have it.