When will you allow | Page 2 | Vital Football

When will you allow

Talking of which I run my central heating usually in June, July and August just for 20 minutes or so to keep the water moving around the radiators.....

It seems silly not to use it for 6 months and then flick a switch and expect it to work.

My heating actually switched on yesterday via my smart thermostat so it must have been pretty cold early on.

Talking of which I run my central heating usually in June, July and August just for 20 minutes or so to keep the water moving around the radiators.....

It seems silly not to use it for 6 months and then flick a switch and expect it to work.

Good idea I have taken up. I switched it on today for 20 minutes. Do I need to do this more than once a week Col?

As reported on another thread, it happened last night. Petticoat power reared its ugly head, assisted by my wimpy son and girlfriend, the heating went on. The master of the house, me, incase you are wondering, totally ignored.

As reported on another thread, it happened last night. Petticoat power reared its ugly head, assisted by my wimpy son and girlfriend, the heating went on. The master of the house, me, incase you are wondering, totally ignored.

Complete anarchy by the sounds of it.

Thoughts are with you.

Sorry mate. This is a huge violation of Vital rules. It's September. There is no mitigation . I suspect the powers that be will be considering a short ban.

Sorry mate. This is a huge violation of Vital rules. It's September. There is no mitigation . I suspect the powers that be will be considering a short ban.
Sorry Mr Melon, I have turned into a southern softy, I would never have wilted in this fashion when pressure was applied whilst living in the frozen north
I will take my punishment as seen befitting the crime.

Heating went on this morning, controlled by timer and thermostat, (set at 20 degrees). First time since May.
Winter draws on!

I shall now own up to a further violation. Aforementioned wimpy son lit wood burner to dry his work gear after getting soaked yesterday. 🥴

Having been stored in the garage for the summer I have now brought the electric fire in and am currently testing it just to make sure its ready for the winter...:grinning:

I shall now own up to a further violation. Aforementioned wimpy son lit wood burner to dry his work gear after getting soaked yesterday. 🥴

Wood burners are fine. Thats what they are for. A boost and to bridge the autumn-winter and spring- summer gaps. Our wood burner will be on before the heating that’s for sure.

Looking at the forecast I was worried I may have to give in and put it on this week but the thermostat still hasn't dropped below 20 yet (currently 22).

I'll probably start putting it on for an hour in the morning to take the chill out of the air once the thermostat is regularly hitting 19.