When will the new coach be announced? | Vital Football

When will the new coach be announced?

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
No, I’m not just being an impatient kid. But wanting to know how long you all reckon Brad will take to announce the new coach.

Personally, I think (hope) the person has already been identified and will be announced maybe Saturday or before next Tuesday's game.

But it’s also likely the “identification and selection process” will have to be gone through and it’ll be a few weeks or a month, whatever.

What say thee?

I’d say that if the replacement hasn’t been identified and contract agreed, then the whole situation is more farcical than I suspected.
Who in their right mind would sack the manager when sitting near the top end of the division without a firm replacement lined up?

As shotshy said. The only excuse for the timing of this is if we already have a Stella replacement lined up ready to Go. So hopefully next week.

As shotshy said. The only excuse for the timing of this is if we already have a Stella replacement lined up ready to Go. So hopefully next week.

What tosh. If (and I say IF) BG or KJ had decided that for whatever reason NH was no longer the best man to lead us forward they should act if they thought that was better than him remaining in post. We've had far to many managers remain in the job alot longer than they should have by the previous regime. Don't think the Galinsons have got many decisions wrong so far, let's hope they have been advised well on this one.

Agree we need to appoint someone quickly but that may well depend on if their new man is currently in work.

Hope this was thought through thoroughly before they acted and think this is more likely a decision made by more than just BG.

Been wondering about a American head coach.Their season finishes soon however they go into play offs for a while. Definitely think a foreign boss is a possibility.

I’d say that if the replacement hasn’t been identified and contract agreed, then the whole situation is more farcical than I suspected.
Who in their right mind would sack the manager when sitting near the top end of the division without a firm replacement lined up?

Not sure I agree with that, mainly because it means going behind Harris' back to sound out and then agree terms with a replacement. And if your first choice isn't interested, you go through it all again with your 2nd choice. But the more managers you have to have talks with, the more likely it is that Harris finds out. At which point he may well tell you to stick your job, and you end up with no Harris, and none of your top choices either.

If you had a girlfriend and it was clear to you that it wasn't working out between you, you wouldn't stick around with her until you had a new girlfriend lined up, would you?

The idea of having someone practically signed up and ready to go is going a bit far. But you would expect to have a shortlist in mind ready to approach right away rather than only starting to assess your options when the position becomes vacant.

(I am talking about managers)

What tosh.

Time will tell.

But for a dodgy ref decision v Mansfield we could be second. We hat a hat full of chances v Crewe. Sounds like the dressing room were behind him.

So the timing seems off to me unless they already have something lined up.

Time will tell.

But for a dodgy ref decision v Mansfield we could be second. We hat a hat full of chances v Crewe. Sounds like the dressing room were behind him.

So the timing seems off to me unless they already have something lined up.

The dressing room being behind him doesn't make him a success though. Clearly BG and probably KJ and maybe even AH thought that it was in the best interests of GFC to change manager, that's their right and I doubt they did it lightly.

Don't despute we've created more chances recently but that beggars the question why's it taken to 10 games in to start creating chances.

It will be interesting to see how we play tomorrow

What tosh. If (and I say IF) BG or KJ had decided that for whatever reason NH was no longer the best man to lead us forward they should act if they thought that was better than him remaining in post. We've had far to many managers remain in the job alot longer than they should have by the previous regime. Don't think the Galinsons have got many decisions wrong so far, let's hope they have been advised well on this one.

Agree we need to appoint someone quickly but that may well depend on if their new man is currently in work.

Hope this was thought through thoroughly before they acted and think this is more likely a decision made by more than just BG.

I’d agree if the wheels had completely come off and performances were disgustingly bad, but I wouldn’t say that was the case.

Of course there were flaws in our game but we’re on a consecutive losing streak of 1, unbeaten in 4 home games and a single point off the top 3. I personally felt more confident of us winning tomorrow at 9am yesterday with Harris in charge than I do now knowing Millen is in charge.

With that in mind I’d be disappointed if this becomes a drawn out process, I hope they have a clear target or two in mind to get this done swiftly, as whilst we can debate forever if Harris was the right or wrong man to get us promoted, the situation wasn’t anywhere near drastic enough to make it a cut and dry decision that the sacking had to happen as soon as yesterday.

What tosh 😂😂😂
If they haven’t actually got someone lined up, then they are a bunch of cowboys