When was your last Gills game? | Page 2 | Vital Football

When was your last Gills game?

Cheltenham in the cup. Only about 2k of us there wasn’t It? Only thing of note was Sitholes finish.

Although have seen every game since about Xmas on ifollow.

Not sure if Bromley counts as exile.

Sheff Weds and Spotters 4 days earlier as that is my most local game. Been a bit of a plastic this year and only seen about 10 matches. Shame on me.

My last game was after Steve Treacle goaded me into going. I paid over £30 for a train ticket that never got checked, then £5 or £6 for a dirty kebab that gave me the shits, followed by quite a few more quid for a couple of pints in plastic beakers, before finally parting with £26 (I think!) for a bit of receipt like paper with a funny modern square barcode printed on it that admitted me into the Rainham End. I then watched a mediocre game of football between two rather poor teams. There was little entertainment or excitement and the final score was 0-0. I got back home at about one in the morning and had to get up for work again at 5 the next morning.

I can hardly wait for him to question my supporter credentials again...

Peterborough 0-0 away game a few weeks before lockdown. Prior to that, Sunderland FA Cup relay in Nov 2019. Proper plastic.

My last game was after Steve Treacle goaded me into going. I paid over £30 for a train ticket that never got checked, then £5 or £6 for a dirty kebab that gave me the shits, followed by quite a few more quid for a couple of pints in plastic beakers, before finally parting with £26 (I think!) for a bit of receipt like paper with a funny modern square barcode printed on it that admitted me into the Rainham End. I then watched a mediocre game of football between two rather poor teams. There was little entertainment or excitement and the final score was 0-0. I got back home at about one in the morning and had to get up for work again at 5 the next morning.

That's the pure joy of being a Gills fan Bud. Wear it with pride. Just imagine if you were a plastic Manure/Scouse "fan". The ecstacy I felt in a bar in Gran Canaria at seeing Accrington 1 Gillingham2 come up on the TV screen meant all the suffering is worthwhile.

COYG's!!!!

That's the pure joy of being a Gills fan Bud. Wear it with pride. Just imagine if you were a plastic Manure/Scouse "fan". The ecstacy I felt in a bar in Gran Canaria at seeing Accrington 1 Gillingham2 come up on the TV screen meant all the suffering is worthwhile.

COYG's!!!!

Yeah, I know, mate.

Up the Gills!

OK .. I've taken the bait & will therefore lay myself wide open to criticism, scorn sarcasm or whatever .... !
Last Gills game, for me, was sometime end of the '80s or early '90s ...................................... ! (I can't be more precise than that ...) I haven't lived in Gillingham since 1980. Apart from a few years in West Yorkshire in the '90s, I've lived & travelled in Europe & beyond ever since but I never lost interest in the team of my hometown (never supported another, either) & I've always tried to follow from afar. Now I have the benefit of this very interesting & excellent forum, for which I thank you all for your contributions ...
Alright,, you can slag me off now ................................................................. !!

Thats 3 weeks ago.

Plastic!

😉

That's most of our matchdays!

Sheffield Wednesday away (new ground for me).

Combination of a new born (7 months old now) and disillusion with Evans and Scally has led to me only going to one home game this season, coupled with virtually every one I go with having the same stance re Scally.

In virtually any other season I would go to at least 20 games, have kind of fell out of love with it this season though.

Harris is rekindling it, that said I can't see myself going to a home game still any time soon sadly.

Harris is rekindling it, that said I can't see myself going to a home game still any time soon sadly.
Charlton away was the first time this season I felt like Gills were back. Bolton at home could have been but the red card ruined it otherwise I think the RE would have been good.

The two games I went to earlier in the season I'd lost interest in the club because of the Scally out brigade.

The two games I went to earlier in the season I'd lost interest in the club because of the Scally out brigade.

I think the feeling around the club has been drifting towards negativity for a long time, and the SOB is the culmination of a lot of factors.

Evans was never a popular choice, his appointment heralded in division amongst the fans, and with Scally (fans are cancer et al).

He then spent a lot of his spell sowing division with Scally - cleverly (but cynically) dropping things into conversation with the media that were obviously back handed digs - that the fans lapped up.

Scally and the ST fiasco further added to the discontent, and then this season was the culmination of everything coming to a head.

I don't think the SOB are solely to blame - they have voiced displeasure at the chairman after years of false promises and adversarial comments etc, and rather than listen to any criticism or try and appease/listen this time round, he has come out swinging (like he usually does).

The atmosphere around the club (caused by all 3 parties) is a big reason why many have stopped going, my decision is simply that if I starve Scally at the source, then eventually dwindling crowds will mean he is forced to sell. Many will slate me for this I am sure, but a temporary pain, for long term gain (he is 66 ffs, he can't want to keep this up for too much longer anyway surely).

Harris to his complete credit has been completely professional and not resorted to any stupid business at all, and is the only reason that the club feels like it is pulling together again.

We can’t keep going around in circles GillsHorse but besides saying that he wants to sell, what else can he do.
SOB want Scally out
Scally wants out
I don’t really know where it goes from there.

Interesting thread that underscores how varied a fan base we have at GFC. People drop in and out of attending games for many reasons but what will never change is that, as Gills fans, we remain fans of the football team/club. Players, managers and even owners come and go but the constant is the football club and the deep affiliation we feel for it - no matter what league/division we`re in.