When was the last time | Vital Football

When was the last time

I remember being at Blackpool when we scored 3 in roughly the same amount of time but at the end of the match as opposed to the start, after being 3-0 down. Half of my mates had already left in disgust and for the long trek home 😂 1988 IIRC...

I remember being at Blackpool when we scored 3 in roughly the same amount of time but at the end of the match as opposed to the start, after being 3-0 down. Half of my mates had already left in disgust and for the long trek home 😂 1988 IIRC...

And the famous 4 in the last 10 mins v Brentford in the cup. 1-3 to 5-3 in the blink of an eye leading to the 3 epic Everton games.

Peter Feely scored 10 in his first 8 games for us, but didn't score in his third game.

I thought I remembered Tony Funnell scoring in his first few games back in Gerry Summers' days, but checking Gills Scrapbook, his scoring spree (7 in 8 games!) didn't start in his first game

And the famous 4 in the last 10 mins v Brentford in the cup. 1-3 to 5-3 in the blink of an eye leading to the 3 epic Everton games.

Remember sitting in the mainstand watching that game & there was a couple of Brentford fans infront of us giving us portions when they wer'e 3-1 up.
Did we give it back when our 5th went in, they both got up & walked out and we said ''Are you off then.''

I've just rediscovered TV footage from the Blackpool game on YouTube, it's a bit rough and ready (filmed from a TV screen by the looks of it) but clear enough to see myself hurtling down the terrace when we scored the equaliser! 😂

Back in 1952 a certain Jimmy Scarth scored three goals in under 3 minutes against Leyton Orient. It stood as a record until 2004.

I was outside the ground for that match - too small to climb over the Gordon Road stand. There was a good crowd making a hell of a noise. I found out why later.
Incidentally, Jimmy Scarth & his wife, along with Jimmy Hill were instrumental in breaking the £12 a week wage.