When do you think Forest will achieve promotion? | Vital Football

When do you think Forest will achieve promotion?

Promotion will be achieved...

• next season

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • in 2-5 years

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • in 6-10 years

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • in more than 10 years

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • never

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • from L1 to Championship

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Once some of the big clubs fuck off like Liverpool, Utd Chelsea, Arsenal, to have their own league and also parachute payments are stopped for relegated clubs

Once some of the big clubs fuck off like Liverpool, Utd Chelsea, Arsenal, to have their own league and also parachute payments are stopped for relegated clubs
Not sure that will help.

PL will reduce in size if that ever happens which will make it permanently harder to stay in it/get near it

Not sure that will help.

PL will reduce in size if that ever happens which will make it permanently harder to stay in it/get near it
If it did happen they would do what has been bandied about for years and reduce the Prem to 18 teams. They may keep a 3 up, 3 down profile but I could see it reducing to 2 each way.

Do you mean promotion to the Premier League specifically or just any promotion?

It's more likely that we'll be relegated to League One and then get promoted back to the Championship than it is getting promoted to the PL.
I agree.

I think we're going to have at least one more spell in league one before we see the PL.

It might be that we see the PL on the back of momentum from promotion from L1, as was the case with Sheffield United, Southampton, Norwich and nearly ourselves).

If we don't get relegated, its hard to see where promotion is coming from apart from us having the mythical "surprise package" season

I agree.

I think we're going to have at least one more spell in league one before we see the PL.

It might be that we see the PL on the back of momentum from promotion from L1, as was the case with Sheffield United, Southampton, Norwich and nearly ourselves).

If we don't get relegated, its hard to see where promotion is coming from apart from us having the mythical "surprise package" season
I think this season is going to be pivotal. We have a good Championship manager and a strong centre back line with a couple of decent youngsters thrown in. We are quite weak in a number of positions though and the squad is currently paper thin.

The right signings could take us right back up to the top half of the table. None or the wrong signings and we could well be in the mire.

Usually a team that is relegated gets raided by lower premiership clubs for their better players. So far that hasn’t happened but the three that have come down have relatively few stand out performers. They could do a Norwich and Watford or they could do a Huddersfield and Stoke. Of the other clubs with parachute payments only Bournemouth stands out as having some quality players. A good indicator of promotion contenders is last years playoff candidates. I see Swansea and Barnsley being weaker. Of the others only Boro look as if they have as strong a squad as last season. Think it maybe wide open this year. Any team that can put together a run and steer clear of injuries is in with a shout.

Could Forest put in a good shout? They could. Two or three crucial buys could change them from mid table also rans to real contestants. I am no where near as negative as some on here. Not confident but those two or three additions could make a lot of difference. Least mistakes may be crucial. Got to have a better start than last season and growing confidence and momentum can go along way in this very difficult season. Hold my prediction till window closes as I am increasingly gaining confidence in the back room team.

I agree.

lmao now you aint happy saying how crap we currently are but how even crapper we will be over the next few seasons. Despite every positive at the club of which there are many. You take the biscuit and mop up any crumbs

lmao now you aint happy saying how crap we currently are but how even crapper we will be over the next few seasons. Despite every positive at the club of which there are many. You take the biscuit and mop up any crumbs
I was replying to someone else who said the same. Why not talk your bollocks to them first and spare me?

The clue was in the first sentence which said "I agree"

Usually a team that is relegated gets raided by lower premiership clubs for their better players. So far that hasn’t happened but the three that have come down have relatively few stand out performers. They could do a Norwich and Watford or they could do a Huddersfield and Stoke. Of the other clubs with parachute payments only Bournemouth stands out as having some quality players. A good indicator of promotion contenders is last years playoff candidates. I see Swansea and Barnsley being weaker. Of the others only Boro look as if they have as strong a squad as last season. Think it maybe wide open this year. Any team that can put together a run and steer clear of injuries is in with a shout.

Could Forest put in a good shout? They could. Two or three crucial buys could change them from mid table also rans to real contestants. I am no where near as negative as some on here. Not confident but those two or three additions could make a lot of difference. Least mistakes may be crucial. Got to have a better start than last season and growing confidence and momentum can go along way in this very difficult season. Hold my prediction till window closes as I am increasingly gaining confidence in the back room team.

Realistically, we need 2 or 3 crucial buys to turn us in to mid table also-rans.

Unless of course we're talking about 'Stella' signings.

we had one of the best defences, so all we need is goals to put us amongst it, we cant discount that weve been good defensively for a season or two

Promotion isn’t the end of all our problems it’s the start

Ticket prices will rocket, loads of twats will jump on the bandwagon, catering will all go up , academy players won’t get the chances they do now.

Only people it will benefit is the slightly better quality overpaid has beens & their agents