When did you see the Oystons for what they truly are? | Vital Football

When did you see the Oystons for what they truly are?

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
For me, after giving them the benefit of the doubt for some years, it was when Wonga appeared on our shirts. I nearly died of shame. :blush: :anger:

Nearing the beginning of Pool's 2nd season in the Championship after relegation from the Premiership. We were all waiting for investment in quality players for season after season after that but of course, it never happened. So many new seasons expectations but not a wiff of inward quality. However, overall I think the earliest and most defining moment for me was when Charlie Adam had to take the Oystons to Court to obtain his well deserved £20,000 seasons bonus. OMG unbelievable.

First real sign was the broken promises re the super stadium at Whyndike farm. Could have done it elsewhere and then died a death

Blackpools protection of its town centre killed that.

They lost the plot when Ollie left by not getting a experienced manager in ,rather than Appleton...

premier 1 - 29/4/2017 11:25

They lost the plot when Ollie left by not getting a experienced manager in ,rather than Appleton...

....and presumably you believe all was rosy till then? :crazy:

Well it surprises me just how long its taken for the penny to drop. Having said that, it still hasn't with some. Has there ever been any real investment from day one ? No. For me, getting to the Prem and Koko declaring that he wasn't going to have a rush of blood and go silly, followed by the fixtures having to be altered around him, because of him dragging his feet not wanting to part with money.
I remember quite clearly having many a ding dong with some, especially prem 1, where he tried to convince me that I was jealous of the Oyston's wealth and that I should be grateful for the Devil we know bollocks. He even accused me of being a dole scrounger because he was convinced I was jealous ! Yet still to this day he will somehow try to divert the truth, complete ignoramus :lash:

It amazes me bear that, up until me mentioning it now, nobody has mentioned rape and a custodial sentence. Since then, for me, there has never been an incident when I said to myself, 'Wow, I never saw that coming'.

Please enlightem me - When was the first bit of land sold after the oystons took over? That would be an indication that they were using money from other sources rather than their own.

nodrogaty - 29/4/2017 12:21

Well it surprises me just how long its taken for the penny to drop. Having said that, it still hasn't with some. Has there ever been any real investment from day one ? No. For me, getting to the Prem and Koko declaring that he wasn't going to have a rush of blood and go silly, followed by the fixtures having to be altered around him, because of him dragging his feet not wanting to part with money.
I remember quite clearly having many a ding dong with some, especially prem 1, where he tried to convince me that I was jealous of the Oyston's wealth and that I should be grateful for the Devil we know bollocks. He even accused me of being a dole scrounger because he was convinced I was jealous ! Yet still to this day he will somehow try to divert the truth, complete ignoramus :lash:

Nod, he tells lies!

Layton_Seasider - 29/4/2017 16:58

nodrogaty - 29/4/2017 12:21

Nod, he tells lies!

I know, selective memory too.

premier 1 - 29/4/2017 11:25

There you go again you treacherous tosser, blaming anybody but the Oystons.
You are a sham just like your scum mentors.

When they bought us for a quid and the rapist went in print to say he was going to build an all new stadium with a retractable roof....