Whelans leg v Jimmy Hills chin | Page 6 | Vital Football

Whelans leg v Jimmy Hills chin

Sorry mate but can't agree...you leave your possible match winners on and take your water carriers off...that is if you are actually going for a win and not settling for a draw. Apart from the deflected goal their keeper had little to do 2nd half when ALL our creative flair had disappeared up the tunnel. I thought it a poor call.

As with KDZ, agree to disagree. (y) We all see things differently.

By 'eck Sid, for some reason, I seem to be pressing your buttons at the moment.

Read again what I wrote. I acknowledged that discussions (passing judgement) would take place ... the points I was trying to make were firstly, the detailed nature of the judgement/criticism (not just "that film was shit") and then the apparent attitude that we know better than the professionals.

Of course, sometimes, we do pick up on stuff that the professionals might miss, or we (with the hindsight) might say how/why we'd have done summat differently, but let's face it ... it counts for little as we trundle back to whatever occupation puts bread on our table.

As for accepting that others have different opinions, I'm not really sure why you'd say that, ... unless of course, you're suggesting that mine isn't as valid. Sid, I reckon more than anyone on here, I've agreed to disagree when my view isn't the same as another poster ... and I don't recall ever suggesting that someone isn't entitled to their own view.

Maybe you should just accept that I'm entitled to mine. :shrug:

In all honesty the only opinion that really matters is that of Shaun Maloney, and his opinion got us a point, what anyone else thinks is simply their opinion and can't be proven.

We can debate those opinions, and many of them are decent shouts, but they can never be tested on the pitch where it matters.

Many of us think we know better, and give our opinions over a pint or on a forum, but I doubt that any of us would make the grade as a professional manager of a football league club.

Even though some of us think we should be. ;)

In all honesty the only opinion that really matters is that of Shaun Maloney, and his opinion got us a point, what anyone else thinks is simply their opinion and can't be proven.

We can debate those opinions, and many of them are decent shouts, but they can never be tested on the pitch where it matters.

Many of us think we know better, and give our opinions over a pint or on a forum, but I doubt that any of us would make the grade as a professional manager of a football league club.

Even though some of us think we should be.

Exactly ... now refereeing? ... that's a whole different issue!!! :mad:

;)

Sorry Roy but I must have missed these clear cut chances...I remember 1 scramble but precious little else. As in contrast to the free flowing football of the 1st half. We reverted to the kick and hope in the 2nd half that got us into this shitstorm in the 1st place.

On a plus I thought Keane had his best 45 of the season but he disappeared as soon as the footballers went off.

I named the chances earlier on Hindley. As I said before I preferred the way we played 1st half and we weren't as good second half but we did create chances.

As Paul Jewell once said to me when I told him after a match "we looked good today", he responded by saying " I don't give a f**$ how we look, I'd rather we f**$in scored". Just like Tuesday we looked great first half but didn't score. 2nd half wasn't as good but we tried summat different and scored.

We could've put more in midfield and pissed around with it and patted ourselves on the back for looking good after a 1-0 loss but it's points we need not plaudits.

With no disrespect intended toward anyone ... but ...

We're a bunch of (mainly?) blokes, who (as a past-time) watch our local/favourite football team. We watch the game, and then afterwards (possibly with the benefit of hindsight) pass judgement on what we've seen. Now that's fair enough. After all, that's what you'd do if you went to watch a film, a concert, or a play in the theatre.

However, I very much doubt that in any of those scenarios, you'd walk out muttering well the editing and cinematography wasn't brilliant there, was it ... or I didn't think much of the fingering technique on the lead guitarist's solos, and why didn't they have an alto sax to supplement the tenor? ... or I think the director's staging was all wrong, and as for the casting, well, Sarah Lancashire would have played the part much better.

Meanwhile, at the football, we all know better.

Funny isn't it?
:LOL:

"Fingering technique"....oh arrr missus 😉🤣
Apart from that I get it....👍

Aye, we certainly see this differently mate...you and Roy both talk sense but that 2nd half was putrid with only an own goal as consolation.

It wasn't an own goal it was a deflection, that's all, they guy didn't boot it in to is own net!

So are you going off the stupid rules that apply these days?

Aye, we certainly see this differently mate...you and Roy both talk sense but that 2nd half was putrid with only an own goal as consolation.

Do you not think that on the balance of play that we deserved the win against Coventry....we were at our best we've been in a very long time that 1st 45 min against a fairly decent n organised team?? Yes our finishing let us down but at times we were trying to walk it into the net instead of having a shot. Credit where credit is due imo....we def improved but faded with their subs n then gained a foothold in last 15 mins of game. I certainly came away from the game thinking we'd played a hellava lot better n bar Amos's f@ck up we cuda had all 3 points.

Do you not think that on the balance of play that we deserved the win against Coventry....we were at our best we've been in a very long time that 1st 45 min against a fairly decent n organised team?? Yes our finishing let us down but at times we were trying to walk it into the net instead of having a shot. Credit where credit is due imo....we def improved but faded with their subs n then gained a foothold in last 15 mins of game. I certainly came away from the game thinking we'd played a hellava lot better n bar Amos's f@ck up we cuda had all 3 points.

I've already said mate that first 45 and the triangles we played in were bloody superb...in comparison watching the hoof ball after half time bored me rigid.

Watch it again...it wasn't going in until the defenders intervention...it was off target. Going off any rules from any age it's an own goal.

You're right, it wasn't going in, and without the deflection, it might have got through to Fletcher, who (bear with me, and stretch your incredulity a little) if he'd scored (stop laughing at the back) was probably offside.

I'd still give it to Nyambe though.

You're right, it wasn't going in, and without the deflection, it might have got through to Fletcher, who (bear with me, and stretch your incredulity a little) if he'd scored (stop laughing at the back) was probably offside.

I'd still give it to Nyambe though.

No I agree...but its an own goal simple as that.