Whelan/Sharpey where are ya? | Vital Football

Whelan/Sharpey where are ya?

Whelans an old man with dementia what the hell can he do, hes just seen some of his gyms go bust and his shops sold to mike ashley.

We need to grow up now hes not gonna be here until the end of time we have fond memories but nothing lasts forever. We sound like a middle aged man whos not got his shit together and still lives with his mother and expects her to still wipe his arse for him. We can still have a future but its not with whelan.

Can I also add that david sharpe is not rich and doesnt have the finance to buy us. Lets move on now let by gones be by gones and stop being bitter towards the man who bankrolled us into a lofty position in the first place. If you wanna be angry direct it at those chinese knob heads, the vulture mentality of football and pollard whos putting his boot in while were down. What he doesnt realise is that the stadium will bite him in the arse much more than it will us as we wont be resposible for its upkeep. So karma will come back around.

So are you suggesting none of the responsibility for this debacle lies with the previous owners? We had more assets at Springfield Park before Whelan took over and we weren't in admin that's for sure.

So are you suggesting none of the responsibility for this debacle lies with the previous owners? We had more assets at Springfield Park before Whelan took over and we weren't in admin that's for sure.

Is that question directed to me? If so, then yes, of course I am. Maybe with hindsight, Whelan wouldn't sell to these men, but until April this year, they'd done everything we asked of them.

If you knew that they were going to turn out to be tw@ts, then you should have said so sooner.

At least your final statement gave me a bit of a giggle, so ta for that.

Maybe he'll chip in for the removal truck to shift that lump of metal outside the stadium before its melted down. I cant see that lasting very long if the club and the ground aren't sold as a package.

Whelan massively benefited from our success, and it goes without saying that he's as bent as a nine bob note after he cashed in on the jjb shares just before they went bust. Don't paint him as some kinda saint. With him in charge it was always mutually beneficial and we gave him a voice for his narcissistic tendencies.

I'm not gonna lie. We need another wealthy narcissist in charge.

If you can't plump your ego on the back of building and funding a massive success story. Don't know how you can.
For sure Whelan played it for all it was worth but do you know what 8 years in the prem an FA Cup and a European tour was the result of this vanity project.
Can never be taken away from us and personally am massively grateful for it.
Could the Whelan family have done more right now - yes absolutely
Think the issue here is that they said they would help then seemingly haven't is my only criticism

If you can't plump your ego on the back of building and funding a massive success story. Don't know how you can.
For sure Whelan played it for all it was worth but do you know what 8 years in the prem an FA Cup and a European tour was the result of this vanity project.
Can never be taken away from us and personally am massively grateful for it.
Could the Whelan family have done more right now - yes absolutely
Think the issue here is that they said they would help then seemingly haven't is my only criticism
The thing is that there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. People talking to other people and looking for money.
I know of one of these, but can't say anything yet.
We have no idea if the Whelans are one of those parties or not (not the one I know of)

Whelan massively benefited from our success, and it goes without saying that he's as bent as a nine bob note after he cashed in on the jjb shares just before they went bust. Don't paint him as some kinda saint. With him in charge it was always mutually beneficial and we gave him a voice for his narcissistic tendencies.

I'm not gonna lie. We need another wealthy narcissist in charge.

All of our success was given to us by Whelan without him we'd probably have been liquidated 25 years ago.

Complaining he got any benefit from the millions he spent on that success is the most entitled attitude you can have. You say mutually beneficial like it's a bad thing - why shouldnt he enjoy the fruits of his labour? But overall as fans we prob got more out of the deal than he did over the last 25 years or so. And I bet Rochdale, Macclesfield, Bury, Blackpool or any other small, local north west side fans would happily have swapped places and taken Whelan as their Chairman back in the mid nineties. They wish they were in a position to complain that the FA Cup, 8 years in the Prem, Carling cup final, Europe League, 5 promotions etc were just part of a vanity project. I don't think they'd care about the motivation that would just be dreamland for them.

Whelan may not be a saint or free of critasim (is anyone saying he is? I've not heard anyone claim he was infallible) but there are a lot of short memories and ungrateful fans.

Last edited:
When are people going to wake up to the fact that Dave Whelan has dementia? He is no longer in control of his finances, his daughter is who it's safe to say does not share the affection with us that her dad has.

Any vultures on here with the gall to take shots at Whelan in my eyes are not proper Wigan fans. Leave the man alone!