What's Your Most Controversial Villa Opinion? | Page 13 | Vital Football

What's Your Most Controversial Villa Opinion?

I've always thought with all the complaints about fixture list congestion they should just exclude any club competing in European competition from entering the League Cup. The only exception I'd make is that I'd allow the previous winner the chance to defend the cup. I'd then do a lottery from the lower leagues to replace them so the same structure is kept.

I'd also make a rule where you can't change more than like 6 players because it makes the cup a farce and you can't make more than 6 changes between rounds either. Just some workable way of bringing a little dignity to the cup.

On that note (but a different solution) i’d want the league cup final moved back to the summer and two of the 4 Champions League spots currently reserved for league finished moved to League and FA cups.

People want teams to take the trophy competitions seriously? Make teams want it. They wouldn’t rotate so hard then.

Also means that only winners and 2nd place in the league qualify rather than this stupid we finished 4th celebrations.

Any football team in england could then potentially qualify for the champions league.

Easier than that just drop that pointless European also-ran's cup the Europa League. Thursday night, nobody watches nobody takes it seriously.
Or just make it a straight knock out like it used to be and cut out all the clubs from countries that we couldn't point to on a map

It'll never happen. They've made the champions league a virtual closed shop to almost all bar the top 4 from England, Spain, Germany, Italy plus PSG and a few others so much so that they've had to expand the old UEFA cup to the group stage nonsense it is now. The gap is now so great that they've introduced a 3rd competition that comes into play next season that only 1 each from the top 5 leagues can qualify for solely so teams from smaller countries can play in Europe without being smashed in a qualifier in July.

There's actually a fairly strong chance that we might end up in this new competition if the cups are won by teams already in Europe, even more if an English team wins the Europa league.

I'd scrap the loan system. What is it there for ? I believe it only started life for goalkeepers, if all yours at the club were injured. Now it's just used and abused. You should only own players you can afford and are going to play for your club.

I wish they'd just go to a cup format and fuck this league bollocks off. Even do a backdoor-style tournament let anyone knocked out in the first two rounds go to a separate competition that lets two winners back in at like quarter-final stage. Shake it up, make it interesting. Watching 32 teams play each other twice is shite.