What’s going on? | Page 56 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

TBF the charlton fans want nowt to do with these failed chances, one of em was the lawyer who sunk Bury - a bunch of fans travelled to Manc to confront him in his office today - good on em.......!
Up the other Tics

TBF the charlton fans want nowt to do with these failed chances, one of em was the lawyer who sunk Bury - a bunch of fans travelled to Manc to confront him in his office today - good on em.......!
Up the other Tics

Thanks for that, I'm obviously not massively up to speed on what they're up to!! Good on them indeed!!!

Has owt progressed since Tuesday ?

Is there anybody out there ?

Unfortunately not and seems unlikely to progress until we manage to reduce wage bill and clear the outstanding football debts through player sales.

I think Admin are going to be in charge a lot longer than we initially thought.

Unfortunately not and seems unlikely to progress until we manage to reduce wage bill and clear the outstanding football debts through player sales.

I think Admin are going to be in charge a lot longer than we initially thought.
To the benefit of...........the admins and certainly not the club or it's fans.
As previously suggested it's in their (financial) interest to string this out until 1 min to liquidation, claim a massive success and ride off to the next victim.

To the benefit of...........the admins and certainly not the club or it's fans.
As previously suggested it's in their (financial) interest to string this out until 1 min to liquidation, claim a massive success and ride off to the next victim.
Yes total parasites like lawyers, agents etc etc.

Sorry if this has been posted before, from Manchester Evening News!

David Whelan,

Said that he sold the club in “perfect” condition and that he does not understand how the side have ended up in administration.
The 83-year-old also confirmed that he is keen to assist
and will “stick his nose in”.

He added:
“I thought they were going to invest in the club and keep it going,
invest money and try to get them back in the Premier League,
and now this…
I just cannot understand what they’ve done.
It’s just so sudden.

“When I sold the club it was in a good condition, perfect.
“I’ll have to stick my nose in a little and have a look at what’s going on,
and see if I can find out what’s caused it.
I’ll have to try,

Because the people of Wigan will be in absolute shock, as I am.

“Wigan is Wigan.

I built the stadium and it’s named after me, the DW Stadium,
so I’m going to have to see if I can help in any way shape or form.

“Wigan going out of business,
it’s something you cannot comprehend.

I won’t let that happen.

The town of Wigan cannot let that happen.”

Sorry if this has been posted before, from Manchester Evening News!

David Whelan,

Said that he sold the club in “perfect” condition and that he does not understand how the side have ended up in administration.
The 83-year-old also confirmed that he is keen to assist
and will “stick his nose in”.

He added:
“I thought they were going to invest in the club and keep it going,
invest money and try to get them back in the Premier League,
and now this…
I just cannot understand what they’ve done.
It’s just so sudden.

“When I sold the club it was in a good condition, perfect.
“I’ll have to stick my nose in a little and have a look at what’s going on,
and see if I can find out what’s caused it.
I’ll have to try,

Because the people of Wigan will be in absolute shock, as I am.

“Wigan is Wigan.

I built the stadium and it’s named after me, the DW Stadium,
so I’m going to have to see if I can help in any way shape or form.

“Wigan going out of business,
it’s something you cannot comprehend.

I won’t let that happen.

The town of Wigan cannot let that happen.”

Since then DW went into administration. He may have been making empty gestures but he also may have meant what he said but his other company going into administration changed his plans.

Since then DW went into administration. He may have been making empty gestures but he also may have meant what he said but his other company going into administration changed his plans.
Mr Whelans personal wealth other than share value in DW sports (which I believe had been diluted over time as he did with JJB) would not been materially affected.
If he's not got or getting involved (and no problem if not in my view) it's more about won't than can't.
I would hope he would intervene if the alternative would be no more Tics- guess we will find out ......!

6 million out of a wealth of 225million is less than me giving half my wages to the supporters fund wish I had the chance to do it. Not seen Sharpies name in the list of subscribers either or any other Wigan money men either for that matter

But what is your opinion that's what the forum is for

It was a link so, members can read what's being said by the former WA Officials.

My Opinion, which i have posted about before, is that we are not being told, how we have the Funds to complete this Season's Fixture List,

Because, EFL can confirm that the 2020/21 Season will get underway across the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two
on the weekend of 12 September.