What was your first car | Vital Football

What was your first car

col8

Vital Football Legend
What were the good things and what were the bad things about your first car?

Mine was a Vauxhall Viva HB in white with the 1157 engine.

Good thing was it was easy to work on, loads of space inside and a big boot. The paint was stove enamel and was as thick as fcuk.

Downside 47 bhp and 33 mpg if you were lucky, big hills in Devon often went into 3rd gear.
Always having to change the plugs or adjust the points to keep it running decent.

Attachments

• vauxhall-viva-hb-5.jpg
    vauxhall-viva-hb-5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
Strangely enough, mine was a white Vauxhall Viva too, but the newer model then you pic col.

I passed my test with it back in 1973 and within 3 weeks of that I wrote it off after having a double blow out after going over something on the M5 north at Rae Hall interchange between West Bromwich and the M6.

Bloody shame, it was a great little car - at the time.

:14:

They bring memories. My Grandad had one!!!

Technically, my first car was a Hillman Imp, but I was 12, so not really a road going car. The first one after my test was a Mini 1275GT. I loved it. One day, I'll get one again. I worked on it all the time, even changing the gearbox. Only sold it because I got a Company car.

I was quite late getting my own car because I'd been at uni and then got the brain aches/op.

My first was on motobility and was a lovely silver Vauxhall Tigra. It was ace!

Austin Princess 1800HL

Massive car to get my guitar stack into and a massive back seat for when I pulled at a gig.

My first car was an Austin A35 Countryman. It cost me 12 quid but the reason I had to pay that much was because I had to pay for some welding to be done and also the MOT. The car itself was £8. Reg was 28 PRO, which would probably be worth a fortune now. Oh and i passed my test in a Viva in 1969. :134:

Just googled ita and this is what it looked like. The indicators were the little arms just behind the doors, the handbrake was on the right, next to the drivers door. I remember fitting some indicators and I hand painted it with Black Tekaloid.

My first car was a Proton Waja. It was called an Impian in the UK. The engine came from Mitsubishi and was alright but the rest of it was rubbish. It came with a cassette player. I had to buy an aftermarket CD changer and put it in the boot. This was in 2003, shortly after arriving in Malaysia.

Ford Capri 2 1600 L Daytona Yellow with Black Vinyl roof, black pinstripes etc. Loved it.

I passed my test in 1979 having been on a motorcycle previously