What was the last film you watched | Page 183 | Vital Football

What was the last film you watched

Battle: Los Angeles.

A war film where the baddies are aliens and not Germans. Perfectly OK action movie where the Yanks save the world again. What would we do without them?

Went to watch The Muppets with my eldest yesterday.

Brilliant film. If you used to watch them when you were younger its great fun.

My daughter (5 years old) really enjoyed it too and wants to be "just like Miss Piggy". Thats my girl

Watched two films on the big screen earlier tonight. Both were based on actual events,

First up was a French film with English subtitles called The Assault. Based on muslim terrorists attempting to crash a highjacked plane on the Arc De Triumphe. Hijacked in Algiers, diverted to Marsailles for refueling, it never took off again as it was assaulted by French Special Ops team. Actual events in 1994. Good film.7.5/10

Second was The Reef. Australian film again based on actual events. A guy employed to delivery yachts to their new owners takes two friends and their girlfriends for company/holiday on the way to Indonesian. On the way, the yacht has it's base ripped open and boat overturns. The teo couples decide to swim the 10-12 miles to an island, butone by one are taken out by a shark until one finally reaches land. FACT.. The guy left on the upturned boat and boat was never found. Again good film. 7.5/10

Managed to watch a film tonight before the Chelsea v scum match.

Would you believe " Doctor Who - The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe!... or something like that. Starring Matt Smith, he's travelled to England during WW2. We find him as a Caretaker of a large country house when a woman and two children are evacuated. Husband died returning back from a bombing raid and of course when the Doctor gets involved unusual things sometimes happen.... we're not disappointed. Lighthearted stuff. Not bad. 5/10

I watched "Man on a ledge" last weekend, from the same writer as "phonebooth". Was pretty dissapointed with everything to be honest, 1 to miss out on!

Faster, does what it says on tin, throwaway action movie.

Has the rock in and although obviously he is more versatile than Bruce willis, he does have his limits!

:4:

No strings attached

Ashton Kutcher Natalie Portman

RomCom I think.. Not much Com to be fair, or I just didn't find it funny..

Anyway, They sleep with each other with no strings attached and slowly fall for each other.

Would of been better if I hadn't seen an identicle film called 'Friemds with Benefits' at the cinema recently.

london boulevard. I honestly don`t know how some scripts/films actually make it to screen. Its like its been written by guy ritchies left arse cheek.

Farrells accent is a joke, he falls in out of a dodgy cockney accent throughout.

It was semi decent entertainment.

The Fear - 18/2/2012 19:43

Watching tinker, tailor, soldier, spy tonight.

What did you think? I loved the 1970's tv series so for me it was sort of 'meh'. Some films stay in your head a long time, but I'd forgotten this after a day. Not bad, but can't see what all the fuss is about.

Saurat - 19/2/2012 17:08

What did you think? I loved the 1970's tv series so for me it was sort of 'meh'. Some films stay in your head a long time, but I'd forgotten this after a day. Not bad, but can't see what all the fuss is about.

I had just finished watching the tv series before i watched the film. I thought oldmans george smiley was a load of pants compared to alec guiness.

I loved the styling and the look of it but i just couldn`t get into it as a film.

I saw an "airline edit" (shortened for in-flight entertainment) of this film and it was awesome.

Broken up by the missus hating flying, cabin crew messages etc. Intend to watch it again!

lerneravfc - 19/2/2012 17:16

I had just finished watching the tv series before i watched the film. I thought oldmans george smiley was a load of pants compared to alec guiness.

I loved the styling and the look of it but i just couldn`t get into it as a film.

Yes same here, I much preferred the original TV actors, and I thought Colin Firth was hopelessly miscast, far too young to be Bill Hayden... but maybe it's a generational thing.

Same, couldn't get into it, glad it wasn't just me, thought because I was tired or something.

Went and saw The Vow yesterday, pretty good. I would have to say seeing Channing Tatum's ass was a highlight. I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

I'm in touch with my feminine side!! Watching a chick flick.

No strings attached.

Not sure why I am watching it but there you go! Lol

Watched two movies on the big screen earlier this evening.

First up was "Dorian Gray". A British movie starring Ben Barnes and Colin Firth in this Victorian tale with a strange twist as evryone gets older, but Dorian Gray doesn't. Entertaining period melodrama. 6.5/10.

Second up was a movie called "Buried". Very short casting list..... one guy, a homemade coffin and some voices on the end of the phone. Background - guy is working as a driver in Iraq and is captured and buried alive in a coffin with a flask, cigarette lighter and a mobile phone. Tense stuff actually as the movie comes to the end. 6.5/10