What team do you think is going to surprise us this season? | Vital Football

What team do you think is going to surprise us this season?

Gills88

Vital Reserves Team
Last year we had Fleetwood who shocked everyone by finishing in the play offs last season when a lot of people had them to finish near the relegation zone. Who with the additions that they have made do you think is going to surprise us this season and why?

This season - theGills! Was going.to have them relgated on my accy but now think we will stay up.

Last season I had Fleetwood to go down.

Wimbledon has made some decent signings added to an already ok team.
Could be a surprise package

Agree with AFC Wimbledon. Also, not sure Bury will be as bad as a lot of people expect despite losing Vaughan, they've got Beckford, Ajose and Lowe up front.

I hope we are. Wimbledon would not be a surprise. They were last season and have invested impressively since. There aren't many glaringly awful teams, who could surprise. Form and resources would suggest that Oldham, Shrewsbury, ourselves and a couple of the promoted teams will struggle from the off but it wouldn't be outrageous if any of that lot avoided trouble. I don't expect any of them to challenge and that would be a major surprise.

Would it be a surprise if Rotherham struggled and even got relegated? I think they might. I also think ?Northampton will underachieve despite investment and will bring in another manager. Would that be a surprise?

The biggest surprise woiuld be for Blackburn not to top the division, or even to fail to get promoted. Pretty certain that won't happen. There are too many teams with high expectations so the surpruises will be ones of underachievement. Peterborough have spent big, MK Dons look stronger, Bradford will expect to challenge along with Scunthorpe, Northampton. If I had to pick a team that will do much better than people expect then I'd go for Oxford. One to do much worse, Walsall.

My mate who is a Charlton fan is absolutely convinced that this is their season.
I don't know why or who they have signed.

I think Southend could be the surprise package this season, I would obviously prefer it to be us but think this year will be consolidation ready to push on next season.

Skullduggery Pleasan - 26/7/2017 13:31

mozzer59 - 26/7/2017 06:51

Northampton will be top 6

My guess as well.

But will depend on what goes on behind the scenes with their new owners.

The interesting thing with this was 5uSport wanted current chairman Kelvin Thomas to stay in charge with the directors also not changing!

RotherhitheGill - 26/7/2017 19:25

Gillingham's commercial team getting something right.

That would certainly be a surprise, but highly unlikely. There'd be more chance of that twat Edinburgh getting, and then keeping his team in the top 6. FACT.

What I find more interesting is to predict who will be in the bottom four,

This is the optimistic time of year for supporters so the message boards are full of fans bigging up their team and recent signings. No one seems to think their team will struggle.

Even taking us out of the equation and being pessimistic enough to say we will finish bottom, there will be at least three other teams down with us. Who will they be?

At this time last year, Port Vale had started their experiment in signing loads of foreign "stars" under Bruno Ribeiro. Swindon were financed by Lee Power and hired Tim Sherwood as well as taking Ajose on loan to partner Obika. Chesterfield had signed Ched Evans and had always been a difficult opponent and, as for Coventry, well they were ex Premier and FA Cup winners. Who would have predicted that those four would drop?