What Plats was getting at | Vital Football

What Plats was getting at

Chief_Brody

Vital 1st Team Regular
About some people jumping on the Les Miserable bandwagon only after this latest fuckup.....not saying that's a bad thing by the way. Everyone has their tippin point.

Was reading this though and a few points this fella makes in the first couple of paragraphs gives an insight into some peoples thinking

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/our-new-manager-sorry-director-of-football-is-great-says-steven-taylor/?

He drops a clanger saying the wonga offer was the best on the table. From what I hear it was the only offer. Virgin money have said they weren't invited to make a rival offer. Ashley and llambias saw the pound signs and signed away the clubs morals

The bit about no Europe as well......what does he want the club to achieve as the Europa and the FA Cup are the pinnacles we can realistically reach.

As TD said, it would be the best offer if it was the only one wouldn't it? But that figure being the best a 2011/12 top five finishing side with the third highest attendance could get? Fùck off!

And having faith in Pardew? Are so many of our fans that blind and thick, that they think Ashley appointed and stuck by Pardew because of his football management abilities?

I think the one thing I am taking away from all this Kinnear uproar, is that the reaction to some of the already huge errors Kinnear and Ashley have made in the last three days DID NOT at all appear when Pardew and Llambias were lying, spinning, hiding, lying, twisting and turning every negative thing that they did.

Why? Why is it only now people can see bad because Kinnear came? Has Pardew taken a contract out on 50,000 Geordies, so they are afraid to speak out?

It's as if the whole Pardew/Llambias era has been fine. I really can't get my head round that at all.

People who are familiar with the front page on this site can see a pattern of where some of us (who do the articles) thought the problems were etc etc and where it would be heading.

Basically cutting a long story short, is it so pie in the sky to think that Ashley allowed Dekka to run the club as he pleased apart from the odd time of transfer kitty and then the introduction of the new TV cash has opened Ashley's eyes as this to be a 'business' to take more serious?

Thus him doing a proper appraisal at the end of the season and asking questions which didn't get the answers he wanted, thus allowing him to bring in one of the only footballing blokes Ashley trusts in JFK until it's all sorted one way or the other?

The appraisal only came about because we were nearly relegated though TNMW.......if we'd been mid table all season he would have been happy as a pig in shite

I wonder if Pardew and Kinnears joint wages come anything close to what Benitez would have accepted?

I understand he got fed up, like many of us, with Pardew's excuses. His big mistke was giving him an 8 year contract after one relatively good season. We did not win anything, got to 5th but failed in the Cups.
Did that really merit a long term contract for all.

The Owl - 20/6/2013 15:03

I understand he got fed up, like many of us, with Pardew's excuses. His big mistke was giving him an 8 year contract after one relatively good season. We did not win anything, got to 5th but failed in the Cups.
Did that really merit a long term contract for all.

His biggest mistake was employing a proven loser and an MD with zero football club experience or ability. Stick that in the bag along with the other idiotic associates of Kinnear, Wise and Jimenez, and you have the reasons why it's reached the 'it was always going to happen' completely fùcked up stage.

That's quite close for me Chief. I think with me, I always try and find crumbs of comfort. A bit like a child refusing to accept that Santy doesn't exist, I always look for silver linings, some small amount of hope. Whenever we play ManU away for instance, I think this might be the one, it's 11 against 11, soandso is injured etc so we have a chance, only to be followed by an inevitable humping. Ozzie Ardilles had a young exciting team that looked like they would grow up together and they would improve as a team - or so I hoped. I told myself I could live with Allardyce's shitty football as results would improve. Of course they didn't. Souness would be good to sort out the dressing room. He didn't. Etc, etc.

But now for the first time in my life I now cannoit find any solace whatsoever. Nothing. The football will only get worse (if possible), the embarrassment that the Irish cockney fuckwit will only continue until he's sacked and if rumours are correct, Carr won't be unearthing any more gems. We are a laughing stock. I can imagine a horrible atmosphere at the place with JFK and Pardew hating each other, and all the foreigners hating both of them. Relegation is almost a foregone concusion. Naturally I am an optimist, but I am going to get a sandwich board and stand on Northumberland Street for the rest of my days.

I think every decision that would have caused some sort of public outcry (let's face it there's been a few) would have been run by Ashley first. Lambias must have been given a remit and a budget guide. Lambias is a **** but he was Ashleys ****.
For me Ashley wants the club run with as little investment as possible and Lambias was doing that. Had we finished 10th or 11th none of this would be happening. It seems though we sailed a little to close to the wind with a relegation fight and Ashley's panicked about losing the Sky money. He'll want the same none investment policy but without the relegation scare. Lambias has taken the fall and his closeness to Pardew who momentarily developed a spine and criticised Ashley won't have done him any favours.

To me it seems Ashley now wants all the bonny marbles...nee investment but nee scares either. I think he'll get a lot more than he bargains for with JFK at the helm.

ManxMag - 20/6/2013 15:10

That's quite close for me Chief. I think with me, I always try and find crumbs of comfort. A bit like a child refusing to accept that Santy doesn't exist, I always look for silver linings, some small amount of hope. Whenever we play ManU away for instance, I think this might be the one, it's 11 against 11, soandso is injured etc so we have a chance, only to be followed by an inevitable humping. Ozzie Ardilles had a young exciting team that looked like they would grow up together and they would improve as a team - or so I hoped. I told myself I could live with Allardyce's shitty football as results would improve. Of course they didn't. Souness would be good to sort out the dressing room. He didn't. Etc, etc.

But now for the first time in my life I now cannoit find any solace whatsoever. Nothing. The football will only get worse (if possible), the embarrassment that the Irish cockney fuckwit will only continue until he's sacked and if rumours are correct, Carr won't be unearthing any more gems. We are a laughing stock. I can imagine a horrible atmosphere at the place with JFK and Pardew hating each other, and all the foreigners hating both of them. Relegation is almost a foregone concusion. Naturally I am an optimist, but I am going to get a sandwich board and stand on Northumberland Street for the rest of my days.

The big difference Manx, is that you 'hoped' things would work out. You were most certainly aware of all the lies and inadequacies of Pardew and Llambias, but you hadn't given up hope.

I'm talking about those who thought it was all fùcking brilliant under his stewardship. Mike was our saviour, Derek his trusty sidekick and Pardew a footballing guru. These are the kind of people I can't work out. They've gone from all that lavish praise to uproar in one day.

Now that is fickle.