What is your ideal scenario for next season? | Page 2 | Vital Football

What is your ideal scenario for next season?

I think all clubs make duff signings but we seem to just keep doing it. It is clear there is no overriding plan it’s just a case of lurching from one thing to the next... prime example is RDM buying McCormack, Gollini, Tshibola for combined £20m, next transfer window Bruce is in charge and loans them all out

Agree there is no consistency, but McCormack is a joke, and Gollini had a shocking start here - his confidence was shredded, Tshibola is a funny one, he looked ok when he first got here, then Bruce decided he wasnt up to it.

Promotion. Nothing less.

Will not settle for any type of consolidation bollox. If we can't spend money then I expect the club to find the right players into the right team and go for it.

Other clubs have done it without spending loads. They are in the premier league right now,

Plain and simple I want promotion next season. If you don't aim for the top what is the point of competing.

Personally, I don't want to go through all this playoff bollocks ever again and I wasn't even there so God knows what it must have been like for you guys.

Teams don't play well unless they play with confidence. It's the manager who has to instill that confidence. Somehow I don't think Bruce manages to send them out rareing to go but concentrating at the same time. As well as dull starts we've had matches where we've gone full tilt for 10 minutes then faded.

It helps if you have leaders where it matters down the spine of the team.

Promotion has to be the aim, always.

I don't love Bruce, but I do think there is something to continuity and don't think there is a better option out there.

I want to get more pace into the team and play with more attacking intent. I agree with many on here that we had a nasty habit of sitting back in matches and waiting for something to happen rather than making something happen.

To that end, Whelan/Jedi do a thankless job well, but we should not be playing a style that needs this CDM, we should be taking the game to anyone in this division.

I'm not one who thinks that the kids will be a solution to all our problems, but watching O'Hare/Green play in bits and pieces, they aren't afraid of running at a defence with pace to make things happen.

I'm not opposed to the idea of running:
Steer
Elmo - Chester - Tuanzebe? - Taylor
Thor - Hourihane
O'Hare - Grealish - Green
Hogan or Kodjia

My ideal scenario next season is Villa playing with pride and ummpf as we hover above league one, heads held high, having sold everything but the kitchen sink. Well done, Greeny. Good ball, Callum. Round of applause; home to the Button and the Babba on a warm reliable train. Am I asking too much? "Grizzly, you dreamer." I know. Sorry everyone.

I'll take staying the Championship. Whoever the manager is if he achieves that then he will have served us well. A Sunderland situation is all too possible and I don't like it.

Well seeing as our last three owners have all been jokes, why not keep the line going and get bought out by Frankie Boyle.
We could then have a management team of real comedians.