What is happening to some of our players? | Vital Football

What is happening to some of our players?

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
What has happened to Eriksen? Where is Kane? Why are they less effective? And why are some players not pushing up and attacking as they did for example in the Man U game? We need a serious step up. We look jaded and seem afraid of the opposition. Were Watford that menacing? With Man City likely to step up, or even the Liver Birds, we’ve already blown the league unless this was a simple blip.

If they don't improve big time the bindippers will blow us away, someone send out a search party for eriksen and kane.

Kane has been run to the ground, not been himself since the 3rd match at the WC, so have most of our key players.

Some of our players are not as good as some fans make them to be, others feel like they've achieved everything and are at the elite level (Dele).

I look at Kane an shake my head in disbelief that no one took Reo Griffith aside and told him I get you want chance, he's knackerd well give you garanteed mins this season. Who would you rather have brought on yesterday a hungry kid or fat Lorente

I look at Kane an shake my head in disbelief that no one took Reo Griffith aside and told him I get you want chance, he's knackerd well give you garanteed mins this season. Who would you rather have brought on yesterday a hungry kid or fat Lorente

Agree, as much as Poch gets praised for bring through youth he never seems to trust many in the league, as you say I'd much rather a young, hungry youth team player get a chance up top over Llorente, we've got plenty of decent prospects as well.

Agree, as much as Poch gets praised for bring through youth he never seems to trust many in the league, as you say I'd much rather a young, hungry youth team player get a chance up top over Llorente, we've got plenty of decent prospects as well.

It’s a myth he brings through our youth players

Quite right Spurdon! Kids should have come on, Pochettino took a chance on putting him on to try and get something out of him. Well THAT DIDNT WORK. Lesson: get rid of him and don’t use him again. I know he could be losing match fitness but we need people who will come on and AT LEAST “Run about a lot”. A young player dying to get a chance at playing will do his utmost to make an impression. What did Llorente do? Take his wages and look a bit busy and say thanks for the pay. I vote for young energetic players who will DO SOMETHING.

Quite right Spurdon! Kids should have come on, Pochettino took a chance on putting him on to try and get something out of him. Well THAT DIDNT WORK. Lesson: get rid of him and don’t use him again. I know he could be losing match fitness but we need people who will come on and AT LEAST “Run about a lot”. A young player dying to get a chance at playing will do his utmost to make an impression. What did Llorente do? Take his wages and look a bit busy and say thanks for the pay. I vote for young energetic players who will DO SOMETHING.
Llorente did as much as kane yesterday , bugger all

This is going to sound crazy...but against Liverpool I would start some of our youth. Show some of our starters that competition exists and they better pull their heads out.

This is going to sound crazy...but against Liverpool I would start some of our youth. Show some of our starters that competition exists and they better pull their heads out.

It’s not as crazy as going through a window and not buying anyone

There is no way Harry is getting near his usual 30 PL goals this season, maybe 12 or so if we're lucky.

So who's going to pick up the slack, or are we about to find out we were the Harry Kane Team all along ?

There is no way Harry is getting near his usual 30 PL goals this season, maybe 12 or so if we're lucky.

So who's going to pick up the slack, or are we about to find out we were the Harry Kane Team all along ?

I will have a wager with you that he scores at least 20 league goals.

I will have a wager with you that he scores at least 20 league goals.

Haha, I knew someone would offer that bet, take it to the bookies , you'll get better odds.

I do believe there is something wrong with him though, other than the obvious tiredness.
Tiredness does not stop him shooting, his stats are down, his game seems to have changed completely, why ?

Kane playing crap still scores goals. Agree with Scott he will get 20 minimum.

The bloke must be on empty. Our manager has ran the man into the ground over the last 4 seasons.

Eriksen looks fooked as well.

Two players that still do not have any competition. Maybe we need another 5 years, after all spurs fans are not patient.

Lamela injured? Shock horror. Was frigging madness giving him a new deal.

Eriksen has had dips in form before and come good. Kane was inches over the bar with a powerful header. He was playing behind Lucas. That is experimental and I will be surprised if it continues. I'm not worried about either.

Yes, if you have a good, then you’re punished by them having to play internationals and other major comps. They may be good players but they have a tiredness rating the same as other players who aren’t internationals, so to me that’s not fair. Top players are possibly more active in either body or mind, or both, so it’s extra taxing maybe. Is there any way to try and equalise this?