What have we become? | Vital Football

What have we become?

For balance, apparently, Labour MP Rosie Duffield has said “I’m not calling Eddie Izzard a woman.” Equally as poor, albeit a little less nasty and shameful.

Our parents were under threat of a real invasion during WWII.
The unworthy and cheap language of the person occupying the post of Home Secretary this week undermines the efforts of my mother on the home front and my father who was posted overseas.

I must admit Ooooooo, given your two posts above, I haven't a clue why you "liked" my post.

The Tories have been in power for 12 years.
I'ts 6 years since we "took back control".
It's 3 years since Johnson won an 80 seat majority to sort stuff like this out.

It's absolutely incredible that they've got us into the state we're currently in. But, because they'd rather play to the right wing of the party (and to people's fears) we don't have an arrangement where we can provide safe routes and processing centres in Europe to prevent the rubber dinghys in the first place.

In the meantime, they stick their fingers in their ears, and go "tingalingaloo". (Come to think of it, the Benny Hill theme tune should be adopted by this bloody government !).

Simple facts every time they try and do something the snow flakes stop them. I don’t know we’re you live. Or the other poster for that matter. More than likely have none of these. Scum bags living in your streets. Few streets now in Wigan have a few living in the houses. Open your eyes have a walk around. Or even better ask the people of Standish. Have they had problems.

Simple facts every time they try and do something the snow flakes stop them. I don’t know we’re you live. Or the other poster for that matter. More than likely have none of these. Scum bags living in your streets. Few streets now in Wigan have a few living in the houses. Open your eyes have a walk around. Or even better ask the people of Standish. Have they had problems.

Right, name summat that they've tried to do, that "the snowflakes" have stopped.

The only thing that I can think of that comes close is the Rwanda fiasco ... and the coursts stopssed that cos it was illegal. The governments were told that, and tried to plough ahead any road.

What else? In the last 12 years? Even since 2016? ..... go on, even since 2019. What else?

"Scum bags" !!! FFS. :arrghh: Talk about generalisations. I tell you what, for every "immigrant" scumbag (legal or otherwise) I'll show you two homegrown ones.

I live in Eccleston by the way.

Right, name summat that they've tried to do, that "the snowflakes" have stopped.

The only thing that I can think of that comes close is the Rwanda fiasco ... and the coursts stopssed that cos it was illegal. The governments were told that, and tried to plough ahead any road.

What else? In the last 12 years? Even since 2016? ..... go on, even since 2019. What else?

"Scum bags" !!! FFS. :arrghh: Talk about generalisations. I tell you what, for every "immigrant" scumbag (legal or otherwise) I'll show you two homegrown ones.

I live in Eccleston by the way.
Your very lucky living in a place like Eccleston we’re you don’t have a large Asian community or a hotel full of young men walking the streets. Would mrs moon be happy if some moved in next door. Be Honnest. Lot can talk the talk. But if it happened. They would change there minds.

Your very lucky living in a place like Eccleston we’re you don’t have a large Asian community or a hotel full of young men walking the streets. Would mrs moon be happy if some moved in next door. Be Honnest. Lot can talk the talk. But if it happened. They would change there minds.

Hold on mate, I think you're getting a bit mixed up here.

I'm commenting on the current issue of people coming across the channel. That could be addressed way way better than it has been/is being. Control of EU immigration - legal or otherwise - was (one of) the fundamental tenets of the Leave campaign.

When you say "Asians", I've no idea who you mean ... from China? Hong Kong? India? Pakistan? Bangladesh? Afghanistan? Iran? Yemen?

Regardless, labelling them ALL as "scum bags" seems to not be the most coherent argument against them being here.

Hold on mate, I think you're getting a bit mixed up here.

I'm commenting on the current issue of people coming across the channel. That could be addressed way way better than it has been/is being. Control of EU immigration - legal or otherwise - was (one of) the fundamental tenets of the Leave campaign.

When you say "Asians", I've no idea who you mean ... from China? Hong Kong? India? Pakistan? Bangladesh? Afghanistan? Iran? Yemen?

Regardless, labelling them ALL as "scum bags" seems to not be the most coherent argument against them being here.
you know exactly who I mean. You wouldn’t like any next door to you. As regards these young men they illegally coming here. The country they come from are not at war. They just come here for a free hand out. One of the major problems we have is the French helping them get over here they don’t want them Ship them of to daft England I’m all for these planes and more than half the country is as well. End of.

you know exactly who I mean. You wouldn’t like any next door to you. As regards these young men they illegally coming here. The country they come from are not at war. They just come here for a free hand out. One of the major problems we have is the French helping them get over here they don’t want them Ship them of to daft England I’m all for these planes and more than half the country is as well. End of.

Oooooo, I don't want to be accused of misinterpreting what (or who) you're talking about ... so no, I don't know.

"Any" what? FFS man.

As for the young men ... which country ? ... and how the hell do you know why ALL of them come?

Sorry mate, I wouldn't want to label anyone on here with any kind of accusation, but your comments make it tempting to do so. Oh, and your views are not those of over half the country ... they're your own. Keep em.

Oooooo, I don't want to be accused of misinterpreting what (or who) you're talking about ... so no, I don't know.

"Any" what? FFS man.

As for the young men ... which country ? ... and how the hell do you know why ALL of them come?

Sorry mate, I wouldn't want to label anyone on here with any kind of accusation, but your comments make it tempting to do so. Oh, and your views are not those of over half the country ... they're your own. Keep em.
Call me what ever you want. Still not answered the question

Call me what ever you want. Still not answered the question
As I said, I won't call you anything.

What question haven't I answered? Would Mrs Moon be happy with a new neighbour? I tell you what, she'd be a damn sight happier with someone from another country than some British people. You can't tag everyone from another country as "the same". You just can't.

I used to know someone who wouldn't hire Scousers, That was wrong. Judging everyone by an accent. Same goes for nationality or skin colour.

As I said, I won't call you anything.

What question haven't I answered? Would Mrs Moon be happy with a new neighbour? I tell you what, she'd be a damn sight happier with someone from another country than some British people. You can't tag everyone from another country as "the same". You just can't.

I used to know someone who wouldn't hire Scousers, That was wrong. Judging everyone by an accent. Same goes for nationality or skin colour.
We see thing way different. That’s for sure. We are lucky around here. Wigan compared to some places. Only one good thing at my age it doesn’t matter. But these young ones will have to deal with all the trouble in a few years. Because. There will be.

There'll only be trouble where the local community are opposed to letting those moving in to integrate.

That’s the problem when trying to address, or discuss illegal immigration - key word being illegal - that folk immediately become agitated and both sides choose to politicise the problem, fling labels at each other to shut down debate and prevent it being resolved. Whatever one’s views, if something is illegal then its illegal and as such needs addressing given the human and financial cost. What I fail to see from those quick to criticise and deride are actual practical solutions to address the problem.

I can’t be arsed getting into to this debate in depth, but the reality is there are many legal routes people can take to enter this country. Whatever one’s views on France it’s a safe country - as indeed are the others in the EU where many who eventually come to the UK initially land in. As such they should be claiming asylum in that country, not crossing the channel risking their life to enter thisa d claiming it here. The biggest increase at present are those coming from Albania and last I checked they weren’t at war so there is no ‘asylum’ reason for people to leave there and illegally enter the UK. If the UK is so appealing then perhaps reducing that appeal maybe an approach to tackle the problem?

I think I read it’s costing over 3 billion a year to house all these people in hotels. Given our national debt that’s eye watering and that’s before all the benefits and other associated costs are added on.

Clearly this is organised crime, people smuggling and targeting those responsible should be the starting point. Life imprisonment with a minimum tariff of 30 years for anyone involved in this should act as a deterrent along with rigorous pursuit of their wealth through the proceeds of crime act. If our laws need amending accordingly to target these people then get it done. That also includes those piloting these vessels.

Tackling the issue upstream is preferable to tacking it downstream. However once here fast tracking applications, fast tracking the appeal procedure and fast tracking removals is required so those people know if they can stay here or have to go. For those who can remain then if there is less of a log jam in the system then they can get settled quicker in the country and get on with their lives. Immigration law is a lucrative business so it’s no use the government blaming ‘lefty lawyers’. If the law isn’t working then get it changed so it does. The reality is we don’t have the accommodation, nor public finances, nor public services to support unlimited immigration and despite howls of derision from some quarters it is an urgent problem the government needs to get a grip of and address as a matter of urgency for all manner of reasons.

What have we become a dumping ground. And a free ride for so many.
I think you disagree with my point about the use of the word 'invasion'
The government don't agree with the use of the word 'invasion'

I understand we take many many fewer migrants than France or Germany.

What is an acceptable number of migrants in your opinion?

You are wrong about where I live