What are your abiding memories of Billy Davies? | Page 4 | Vital Football

What are your abiding memories of Billy Davies?

We know it’s a wind up. We just don’t care. More by luck than any judgement you have actually come up with something worth talking about.

Yes, but what a wind up!

Its one of those wind up's that have exactly the opposite effect to the one intended.

Its a gift that just keep on giving; its an open goal that even Grabban would not miss.

There should be a Billy Davies film while Mel Brooks is still alive and available to write the screen play; unfortunately Peter Sellers and Gene Wilder are both dead so they could not play Billy, and no one does "delusionally pathetic" like they did

Who was that woman at the time? Tiffany or something like that? She was in all the media with them. Like "we're picking out fans to show our closeness to the fans". Except, they kept picking this one out and she kept popping up.

Of course, all forums assumed they were fucking her or at least wanted to, and I'm pretty sure she posted on here to defend her honour one day didn't she? FWIW I believed her that nothing untoward was going on, but that didn't mean it wasn't going on in certain other protagonist's heads.

Certainly one of the more bizarre incidents of one of the more bizarre episodes in Fawaz's crackpot few years.

Would love to just know what the whole Tiffany thing was about from Davies/Price's perspective.

It was nothing more than a cack handed attempt at showing how close they were to the support base by using someone who was easily manipulated

I wonder if Tiffany and Taylor are one and the same?

Yes there’s a hundred reasons you wouldn’t have him back but my goodness I wouldn’t be disappointed if they announced him tomorrow
I remember going to home games feeling excited about the evening ahead
I remember Watford in his 2nd spell
0-2 down but the result was never in doubt
4-2 job done
What have we got now
Shitting ourselves at the prospect of playing Barnsley and putting everyone behind the ball
It’s garbage everyone wake up
Imagine what he’d do with this squad which incidentally is the best squad in the league other than the fact that SL has decided Carvalho isn’t good enough and we’ve shipped him out
We are currently in a state of suspended animation
Everyone’s football season has kicked off except ours

Now that is good football management mate 👍
Also funny how his ex players have nothing but good things to say about him and his methods

Anyone that's played under Billy, have nothing but the highest regards of him. An unbelievable coach and a fantastic man-manager.

Yes there’s a hundred reasons you wouldn’t have him back but my goodness I wouldn’t be disappointed if they announced him tomorrow
I remember going to home games feeling excited about the evening ahead
I remember Watford in his 2nd spell
0-2 down but the result was never in doubt
4-2 job done

Can't really argue with that. Some of the football we played at home under BD was great to watch and he made the CG a fortress, particularly in his first spell. Lots of great games across both his spells like Watford, the 5-2 against Derby, 5-1 against Leicester, 6-1 against Huddersfield.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted his ability as a manager to get good results over a 46 game season. Sadly, when it came to the crunch-time of the play-offs he was just another bottle job who couldn't get the job done.

Took us as close to the PL as any manager in last 20 years, but ultimately he is just another manager who guaranteed we would be playing Championship football again the following season.

Can't really argue with that. Some of the football we played at home under BD was great to watch and he made the CG a fortress, particularly in his first spell. Lots of great games across both his spells like Watford, the 5-2 against Derby, 5-1 against Leicester, 6-1 against Huddersfield.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted his ability as a manager to get good results over a 46 game season. Sadly, when it came to the crunch-time of the play-offs he was just another bottle job who couldn't get the job done.

Took us as close to the PL as any manager in last 20 years, but ultimately he is just another manager who guaranteed we would be playing Championship football again the following season.
If it was just down to his ability as coach and manager then yeah he was a good Championship manager. Striker killer and pray off bottler but good all the same.

Problem is it’s not just his management abilities in question. The guy is a narcissist, ego maniac and borderline psychotic with a persecution complex. An absolute liability and it’s no surprise he hasn’t worked in six years.

If it was just down to his ability as coach and manager then yeah he was a good Championship manager. Striker killer and pray off bottler but good all the same.

Problem is it’s not just his management abilities in question. The guy is a narcissist, ego maniac and borderline psychotic with a persecution complex. An absolute liability and it’s no surprise he hasn’t worked in six years.

You certainly can question his managerial capabilities; the fact that he has been out of work for so long indicates that Clubs have questioned them and decided they can do without them.

His achievements have been nothing but lies and bluster; he claims his greatest achievement was saving us from relegation in 2008 09

He conveniently forgets that he took us from 17th to 22nd with a run of 7 defeats in 11 games to put us back into that mess after Pemberton's great work over Christmas.

No one seems to mention that he single handedly put this Club into the longest Embargo any Club has had to suffer; but no, maybe Companies House are in on the conspiracy against Billy as well.

It just goes to show how fucking stupid the people are who continue to sing his praises and dream of him coming back; not only does it present a perfect opportunity for the decent, civilised people on here to remind everyone what a c * n t he is, something I will never tire of, it also paints a vivid picture of how morally repugnant, depraved and shameless his ever dwindling band of supporters are.

You know the ones I am talking about; the ones who post disgusting messages of support for WLM and pictures of Hitler.

Ah, good times :)

I think everyone in their right mind knows that Davies is a good manager, but a tough one to handle. It's a shame it didn't work out, but he'd be a nightmare under EM. EM & our top brass are far too interfering to give Davies the space he needs & likes to work with.

I do have to laugh though how Davies was painted as a "crook/criminal/evil man" for the alleged , never proven, shenanigans at the club. Yet some of those same fans deep throat Marinakis like he's a bastion of virtue.

It's like demanding Del Boy be burned at the stake, but then inviting Scarface to tea.

Whilst this can only be diagnosed by a professional through proper testing, it would seem as though there is a reasonable chance of him being on the spectrum for multiple psychological disorders looking at his actions and behaviors whilst he was here.

Whilst this can only be diagnosed by a professional through proper testing, it would seem as though there is a reasonable chance of him being on the spectrum for multiple psychological disorders looking at his actions and behaviors whilst he was here.

Have you seen his Linked In Profile which he is currently circulating?

The manner in which he describes himself in the third person is a sight to behold

I hope he is not putting too much faith in it landing him a job, unless he had designs on joining the Circus

Have you seen his Linked In Profile which he is currently circulating?

The manner in which he describes himself in the third person is a sight to behold

I hope he is not putting too much faith in it landing him a job, unless he had designs on joining the Circus

He always used to refer to himself in the third person though.