"What Are They Talking About?" Quiz - no. 22 | Vital Football

"What Are They Talking About?" Quiz - no. 22

Merthyr Imp

Vital Football Hero
This could apply to a lot of us over the years, but who said it on this occasion and when?

"I am not ashamed to say it. I just burst into tears."

Hoping this is something positive but still general. ie not a player catastrophe, LCFC failing, nor one of those PC national join-in events. Murph promotion back to the EFL?

Hoping this is something positive but still general. ie not a player catastrophe, LCFC failing, nor one of those PC national join-in events. Murph promotion back to the EFL?

Not Colin Murphy.

The person who said it didn't consider it a positive event. But maybe I should say that it didn't involved anybody being hurt.

Possibly something to do with the demotion in 1987 with that injury time goal for Torquay after our game had finished.

Best guess for players at that time I'll plump for John McGinley

Possibly something to do with the financial implosion in 2002. Maybe Grant Brown upon being released at that time??

I know of several who did just that after Raggett's goal at Burnley, but I don't think any of them made an Echo headline.

I know of several who did just that after Raggett's goal at Burnley, but I don't think any of them made an Echo headline.

I did it myself after the final whistle against Wycombe at the end of the 1987/88 season but that's not the answer either.

Oh, and it wasn't a headline - that was another set of quizzes.

Not Graham Taylor at any time, nor Grant Brown - although you're on the right lines with that answer.

Nothing to do with any of the club's various financial troubles over the years.