What a depressing sight... | Page 2 | Vital Football

What a depressing sight...

One thing I would like club to do, as well as recording any attendances within the stadium, whatever they may be, is to also give a figure for how many are watching online. I presume the i follow viewing figure is a known number.
That would then give a truer total "crowd" for each game and might actually be quite interesting. Also useful for the club with regard to how much advertising/marketing revenue they might be able to obtain.

Would be interesting, but would only be half the picture.
Many will watch as families; some on their own; I'm sure a pub or two might try and show games (officially or not).
Definitely some marketing opportunities out there though.

Many will watch as families; some on their own; I'm sure a pub or two might try and show games (officially or not).
Anyone know if there are mechanisms so that pubs are allowed by the terms of ifollow or the efl to show games officially. Come to think of it I've no idea how it works for conventional tv/satellite in pubs either other than there are regulations around it.

Anyone know if there are mechanisms so that pubs are allowed by the terms of ifollow or the efl to show games officially. Come to think of it I've no idea how it works for conventional tv/satellite in pubs either other than there are regulations around it.

The Ts&Cs say for private and personal use only, and it cannot be used for any commercial purpose without their written consent, so there may be another version.
Pubs pay a fortune for Sky etc, and you often see a little pint glass in the corner of the screen showing they have the appropriate subscription.

Maybe just maybe (but very much more time consuming) club could ask i followers how many watch normally on their i follow thing.
So if season tkt holder 1234 normally expects 2 people to be sat watching and 1234 has subscribed for that game then 2 viewers get added to the viewing crowd figure.
And again, obtaining a now bigger number could help with marketing streams.

Yes, no way would a pub be able to pay £10 to show the game to 20, 30, 40 people when individual punters are paying £10 each. They would get hammered if found to have done that.

Yes, no way would a pub be able to pay £10 to show the game to 20, 30, 40 people when individual punters are paying £10 each. They would get hammered if found to have done that.

I'm sure we all know somewhere that has either a 'domestic' stream or some foreign channels. Not as well advertised as it used to be as many pubs have been hammered for abusing this!

Wasn’t sure where to post this but settled on this thread. This is on news24 Lincoln City about ticketing and Ticketmaster.

So have we sold 6000 ST?

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/lincoln-city-working-ticket-partner-4495630

The quotes are pretty much lifted from Liam's excellent Q&A piece on the radio last week (worth a listen on BBC Sounds).
Suspect the 6,000 figure is a bit of a speculative figure by the press, I don't think the club have updated following the second ST window.

The quotes are pretty much lifted from Liam's excellent Q&A piece on the radio last week (worth a listen on BBC Sounds).
Suspect the 6,000 figure is a bit of a speculative figure by the press, I don't think the club have updated following the second ST window.

I would be very surprised if it is that high. You will also need to factor in that there will be some refunds from the first window.

No figures have been announced for sales in the second window to my knowledge or refunds for that matter.