What a depressing sight... | Vital Football

What a depressing sight...

Nothing depressing in my book. I wondered if we would have any football at all this season, and if we do, would there be any supporters. However, the fact that fans have been allowed in for this game represents, in my eyes, significant progress.
I totally respect your opinion, however, I feel pleased at this and hope it is the first step back to a form of what we consider normal....I will also add it is very rare for me to take a ‘Glass half full’ stance, maybe lockdown has affected me...

My "What a depressing sight..." is more a case of everyone that wants to attend a match can't, more than anything else. But please feel free to disagree with something I haven't actually expanded on.

My "What a depressing sight..." is more a case of everyone that wants to attend a match can't, more than anything else. But please feel free to disagree with something I haven't actually expanded on.
Don't worry Jules it can be equally depressing or a positive at the same time; either view point is understandable. As MA might say, 'It's one of those'.

A really good suggestion from Miss BL earlier, whilst Brighton have laid out this seating pattern with one seat every four, with even couples separated so as not to break the pattern, what could be done is:

A block for single seats as per Brighton today.
A block laid out with double seats occupied, so couples or pairs of mates or parent & child can then be together. With whole block laid out as doubles, pattern is efficiently maintained.
Then go further, a block laid out for triple seats, so groups of three mates, or parent & 2 kids or 2 parents & 1 kid.
And so on, a block for groups of 4.

And whatever the demand for each quantity of parties (1 2 3 or 4) lay out as many blocks of each type as needed.

I think the primary objective of the test was to see how the movement flows - coming in, going out, toilets - worked in practice compared with how they were envisaged in planning, how requirements for distancing and masks etc could be enforced with a reasonable degree of discretion.

As such, the actual match seating was secondary and the club and regulatory authorities kept it simple. More complex arrangements to allow social bubbles to sit together will evolve and Liam Scully has already alluded to this for when spectators are allowed back into SB.

Positive signs, if strange - have Brighton ever had such a big crowd for a preseason friendly?

I think the primary objective of the test was to see how the movement flows - coming in, going out, toilets - worked in practice compared with how they were envisaged in planning, how requirements for distancing and masks etc could be enforced with a reasonable degree of discretion.

As such, the actual match seating was secondary and the club and regulatory authorities kept it simple. More complex arrangements to allow social bubbles to sit together will evolve and Liam Scully has already alluded to this for when spectators are allowed back into SB.

Positive signs, if strange - have Brighton ever had such a big crowd for a preseason friendly?

Yep. They always get a big European team and it either almost or totally sells out.

One or two people online have mentioned further tests in September.
Shrewsbury seem confident this clubs will have test events at home games on 19th/26th (presumably limited and nowhere near 25%/30% capacity if it happens).

"The EFL are in regular contact with government and relevant stakeholders with the hope that all Football Clubs can pilot a home game either on the weekend of 19th or 26th September with reduced capacity. They are still waiting on confirmation that these can go ahead which would allow us to have Season Ticket holders in for the first league match. All of our efforts are concentrated on having everything in place so that if the green light is given we are ready to admit fans."
https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2020/august/fans-qa---reduced-capacity-matches-pt2/

I read Accrington Stanley’s season ticket instructions the other day. ( apart from only just going on sale and having to attend in person to buy making you realise we have come along way ) they talked about the 1st 770 purchasers being able to attend pilot event on 26 September . Season tickets limited to 1535 who they plan to allow to all games.

I read Accrington Stanley’s season ticket instructions the other day. ( apart from only just going on sale and having to attend in person to buy making you realise we have come along way ) they talked about the 1st 770 purchasers being able to attend pilot event on 26 September . Season tickets limited to 1535 who they plan to allow to all games.
Noticed at weekend they had seemingly agreed a reduced capacity of 27.5% (which is in line with this ST sales figure) - with presumably half of this figure for a planned trial event.

Good to see people inside a ground after what has gone on .

Be interesting to see what the situation is when the season starts in all divisions and parts of the pyramid . Gonna be a few months before full stadia again , possible 21/22 season .

One thing I would like club to do, as well as recording any attendances within the stadium, whatever they may be, is to also give a figure for how many are watching online. I presume the i follow viewing figure is a known number.
That would then give a truer total "crowd" for each game and might actually be quite interesting. Also useful for the club with regard to how much advertising/marketing revenue they might be able to obtain.