Weymouth & Return of Fans | Vital Football

Weymouth & Return of Fans

Yes, I expect they thought giving them a clap for a few weeks was enough. They didn't mean to actually sacrifice anything for those that were endangering their own lives to keep them safe.

Yes, perhaps the ST holders gifted the seats, that was very nice of them.

Quite ridiculous when you consider the financial history of Weymouth too.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...DBAB&usg=AOvVaw3-VevcSbtWqfDYIDVmHbWP&ampcf=1
It puts the club in a very difficult position indeed. There is no way that in the current circumstances that the football authorities will let this go.I would expect the heaviest possible penalty
Which is of course unfair on the players

It was nice to see the bookies finally take a pasting though for not being up to date at the time!

Went to a game Saturday at National league North level. All ran pretty smoothly albeit only 650 there. It can be done and it was just great to actually attend a football match! It felt 'almost' like a normal Saturday. Fingers crossed that can happen at the Gills again soon.

No idea how the key worker seats were allocated and provided but a thought occurs. If GFC or any other club invited ST holders to volunteer to donate a game what do we think the take up would be. My guess would be very good.

Honestly, what are the odds on that?

Think you`ve been whooshed, 58. My number of ST holders , 3787, was random as was, it seems, the post by myonlygillingham. The information about 500 Plymouth Argyle tickets available to key workers for first five games is not correct. I have a key worker relative in the Plymouth area and on their behalf have just made an enquiry with the PA Ticket Office - they have no such offer on nor have any immediate plans for such an offer as they have too many ST holders.

If I had paid for my ST, and had been waiting six months to watch my team, I would not give up my game ticket for a key worker, even though I was formerly one myself. If the capacity allowed and after ST holders had been accommodated, I would, however, gladly pay for an extra ticket so that a key worker could attend a game.

it was a rumour i heard about argyle , however i stand by my second comment. this i read on 2 of the more reliable newspaper sites . rfu has have also joined in the scheme. with people spoken to outsside twickenham

Is it "key workers" in the official sense (eg bank workers, teachers,shop staff etc that have children and were therefore entitled to send their children to school when schools were closed) or is it the "popular" sense of NHS staff / care home workers etc)?

Is it "key workers" in the official sense (eg bank workers, teachers,shop staff etc that have children and were therefore entitled to send their children to school when schools were closed) or is it the "popular" sense of NHS staff / care home workers etc)?
have an idea the scheme is limited to emergency services, my info works in the justice system

Last edited: