West Ham | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham

Let’s work on that theory.

If we spend money on increasing capacity (therefore theoretically improving commerciality*) which means we can’t afford the fees for the likes of Danny, Ethan, Ethan, Reeco and Jack which means we aren’t as competitive on the pitch and then the fans tell us spending money on the stand was a total waste of money given it is empty most of the time.

Not withstanding*, which is the cost of increasing the capacity post-pandemic would have meant we would have had to achieve 250 sellouts (roughly 10 season worth) to break even.

Pre pandemic this was 90 sellouts - tied up less capital for a shorter return.

Personal opinion; it isn’t a “shame”. More accurate definition is not being held hostage to something that was once a good idea and now isn’t for the sake of a vanity project.

Surely we agree on this?
Agreed

Liam.
Thank you for the detail in your reply, I sincerely hope I didn’t offend or touch a raw nerve. No criticism intended. I used the word ‘shame’ in my comment not to suggest any disgrace or scandal, just in reply to Clanfords ‘bus stop’ comment.
Truth be told, you have to work with the facts of football life and I think the majority would agree, do a fine job. As for me, it’s just fun. I dream of Championship football, good football, beating big city teams in front of a packed lively stadium under the lights.
up the imps
No offence taken. Raw nerve…a little one. 😉

If I had a £1 for each time I have seen ‘we should have extended the Stacey West’ comment in the last 24 hours, we would have enough to build it.

For clarity, the response wasn’t aimed at your comments specifically, more the point in general.

Hopefully those that do agree can help put this to bed when the hear it said in the Fan Village on Saturday.

No offence taken. Raw nerve…a little one. 😉

If I had a £1 for each time I have seen ‘we should have extended the Stacey West’ comment in the last 24 hours, we would have enough to build it.

For clarity, the response wasn’t aimed at your comments specifically, more the point in general.

Hopefully those that do agree can help put this to bed when the hear it said in the Fan Village on Saturday.
That’s an interesting idea, I’ll happily chip in a £1 if you can get the main stand extended😜. I wonder how many others dear readers would contribute to that (tin hat on now!!)

@Liam Scully

Much appreciated you taking your time to comment on the thread.

I’m curious as to know in terms of the TV pickings etc how much influence/input do you and the club have in terms of getting picked.

Myself as many were I have spoken to. We were disappointed at the fact that the tv pickings for this round were two regular premier league games that are on twice a year regardless.

And also noticed in L1 the likes of Cambridge, Burton, Reading, Pompey are getting picked for games which aren’t exactly edge of the seat pickings, yet we as well as other clubs in the league have had very interesting fixtures in the same round of games yet again aren’t chosen.

@Liam Scully

Much appreciated you taking your time to comment on the thread.

I’m curious as to know in terms of the TV pickings etc how much influence/input do you and the club have in terms of getting picked.

Myself as many were I have spoken to. We were disappointed at the fact that the tv pickings for this round were two regular premier league games that are on twice a year regardless.

And also noticed in L1 the likes of Cambridge, Burton, Reading, Pompey are getting picked for games which aren’t exactly edge of the seat pickings, yet we as well as other clubs in the league have had very interesting fixtures in the same round of games yet again aren’t chosen.
As much as I’d love to fuel the conspiracy and controversy, they game being locked to a Wednesday due to the schedule of West Ham put any chance of a TV game to the wall.

I am reliably informed if it was Tuesday, then it would have been a TV pick.

In recent history the only time I feel hard done to for a TV pick was Chippenham away.

As a general rule the broadcasters do like us. We punch above our weight for TV audiences generally.

I'm. unfortunately missing the game as I'll be sat in a bar somewhere on Rhodes. Does anyone know if it will be picked up by any of the foreign stations?

I had my O-Level economics exam the day after the West Ham tie but I chose to go to the game in lieu of revision, only to have the game called off. Somehow still managed to pass it, which was ridiculous.

I went to the Home leg. Devonshire ran the show a footballer of rare skill. It confounds me that his Conference teams were so grim and the complete opposite of the West Ham way.

I'm. unfortunately missing the game as I'll be sat in a bar somewhere on Rhodes. Does anyone know if it will be picked up by any of the foreign stations?
Kick off will be at 10pm in Rhodes so chances are you wl be fairly merry before it starts . Hope you find a way of watching it and enjoy your holiday. UTI

Well the local chain hotels are cashing in for the game, IHG chain are c£30 per night more on the 27th than to a comparable time in another month midweek. Good old supply and demand.