West Ham | Vital Football

West Ham

Shame we are not doubling the capacity of the Stacey West right now.
Should we eventually make it into the championship (I believe we are on the right trajectory to do so) we might well need those seats on a regular basis.
Let’s work on that theory.

If we spend money on increasing capacity (therefore theoretically improving commerciality*) which means we can’t afford the fees for the likes of Danny, Ethan, Ethan, Reeco and Jack which means we aren’t as competitive on the pitch and then the fans tell us spending money on the stand was a total waste of money given it is empty most of the time.

Not withstanding*, which is the cost of increasing the capacity post-pandemic would have meant we would have had to achieve 250 sellouts (roughly 10 season worth) to break even.

Pre pandemic this was 90 sellouts - tied up less capital for a shorter return.

Personal opinion; it isn’t a “shame”. More accurate definition is not being held hostage to something that was once a good idea and now isn’t for the sake of a vanity project.

Surely we agree on this?

Let’s work on that theory.

If we spend money on increasing capacity (therefore theoretically improving commerciality*) which means we can’t afford the fees for the likes of Danny, Ethan, Ethan, Reeco and Jack which means we aren’t as competitive on the pitch and then the fans tell us spending money on the stand was a total waste of money given it is empty most of the time.

Not withstanding*, which is the cost of increasing the capacity post-pandemic would have meant we would have had to achieve 250 sellouts (roughly 10 season worth) to break even.

Pre pandemic this was 90 sellouts - tied up less capital for a shorter return.

Personal opinion; it isn’t a “shame”. More accurate definition is not being held hostage to something that was once a good idea and now isn’t for the sake of a vanity project.

Surely we agree on this?
Liam.
Thank you for the detail in your reply, I sincerely hope I didn’t offend or touch a raw nerve. No criticism intended. I used the word ‘shame’ in my comment not to suggest any disgrace or scandal, just in reply to Clanfords ‘bus stop’ comment.
Truth be told, you have to work with the facts of football life and I think the majority would agree, do a fine job. As for me, it’s just fun. I dream of Championship football, good football, beating big city teams in front of a packed lively stadium under the lights.
up the imps

Clubs such as Bournemouth and Luton have managed to find there way to the championship, and more remarkably the Premier League.
Lincoln are a progressive club and anything could happen in the future.
For what it's worth I believe the club are doing things the right way ( building the club up gradually).
Games against teams like West Ham is the icing on the cake for our sized club.
But it also helps the club gain exposure to the wider football community, and who knows somebody with a lot of money may be out there willing to invest in little ol Lincoln