West Ham | Page 4 | Vital Football

West Ham

Gills 58, for once I have to be in total disagreement with you. No matter how well the Gills are playing, I have to be tanked up before I watch them. When sober (not too often) it's all too stressful.

Fullsp, I expect to have at least 3 weeeeees in each half at least. With luck when I go to the toilet, it's an excuse for the Gills to score (take that as you like).

Gills 58, for once I have to be in total disagreement with you. No matter how well the Gills are playing, I have to be tanked up before I watch them. When sober (not too often) it's all too stressful.

Fullsp, I expect to have at least 3 weeeeees in each half at least. With luck when I go to the toilet, it's an excuse for the Gills to score (take that as you like).
What consideration do you give to fellow fans around you?
Shuffling past others , obscuring their view, 3 times per half ?

Just seen on twitter that Matty Jarvis is a guest of Gills on Sunday as he played for both clubs. Nice touch Gills 👏

And Rob Lee will be there watching his boy against one of his old clubs. Maybe someone can have a word with Rob about getting his boy(s) to sign for us.

I have mixed feelings about the drinking at football/sports matches concept. I am a big drinker and still am, but have realised I've missed too much sporting action over the years from drinking too much - a good example was that I was at the first cricket World Cup match last year and have no recollection at all of Ben Stokes' amazing catch. As a result, I limited my drinking for the next two matches I went to, which was the England v Australia Lord's Group game and Day 3 of the Edgbaston Ashes Test, where despite getting to the ground travelling from Ashford at 9am, I limited myself to 4 pints all day - karma has it that the latter two games were terrible from an England point of view and I'd have had a much better day had I cained it!

Driving to Gills games from between Ashford and Hythe, I never have the option of a drink at Gills game, but I have tickets for the three England Euro 2020 England games, but intend to limit my drinking as not to miss much of the games (I'll easily do 6/7 pints and be able to fully comprehend what's going on) having paid over £100 a match for a ticket!

I have mixed feelings about the drinking at football/sports matches concept. I am a big drinker and still am, but have realised I've missed too much sporting action over the years from drinking too much - a good example was that I was at the first cricket World Cup match last year and have no recollection at all of Ben Stokes' amazing catch. As a result, I limited my drinking for the next two matches I went to, which was the England v Australia Lord's Group game and Day 3 of the Edgbaston Ashes Test, where despite getting to the ground travelling from Ashford at 9am, I limited myself to 4 pints all day - karma has it that the latter two games were terrible from an England point of view and I'd have had a much better day had I cained it!

Driving to Gills games from between Ashford and Hythe, I never have the option of a drink at Gills game, but I have tickets for the three England Euro 2020 England games, but intend to limit my drinking as not to miss much of the games (I'll easily do 6/7 pints and be able to fully comprehend what's going on) having paid over £100 a match for a ticket!

Bloody ‘eck Steve. How’s your liver doing nowadays?

I reckon I would be about 3 as well if i had more than 2. Mind you as I sit at the back of the RE I reckon 12 runs up and down those steps would allow me to cancel my gym membership.

Every cloud......

Off the beer myself these days apart from the odd one occasionally.I am more of a whiskey man these days.Got some "Highland park" for Christmas lovely really smooth.Highland park is not often available in pubs though.So I often try different Whiskey's as I am new to the world of Scotland's finest.Not found anything better yet!

My West Ham supporting chum says most fans are hoping for strong line up as they don't want another Oxford type embarrassment.
However he also says Antonio and Noble are injured and Fabianski is doubtful*.

*Getting his excuses in early!