West Ham United v Manchester City - KO - 12.30pm GMT Sat 10th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

West Ham United v Manchester City - KO - 12.30pm GMT Sat 10th August 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Hi and welcome to the new season and it is against our old Friend Manuel Pellegrini's team down at the London Stadium for Saturday's midday game being shown live on BT Sport, so it is the highlights package for me later in the day, but we will be here to comment on events during the match.

The West Ham manager has been busy in the market this Summer with the signings of :-
Roberto - Espanyol, free
David Martin - Millwall, free
Pablo Fornals - Villarreal, £24m
Sebastian Haller - Eintract Frankfurt, £45m

Haller being the pick of the bunch as he replaces Marco Anoutovic who left the club in a much publicised transfer. Pablo Zabaleta has stated that this is his last season in the English Premier League, but I doubt that he will play in this match.

West Ham have cleared out a few players such as :-

Samir Nasri - released
Andy Carroll - released
Adrian - released

Reece Oxford - Augsburg, undisclosed

Sami has gone to join Vinnie Kompany at Anderlecht

City Team News
City sign Cancelo, Mendy is out as is Sané

Officials
Referee: Mike Dean
Assistants: Darren Cann, Dan Robathan
Fourth official: Gavin Ward
VAR: David Coote
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

Last edited:
Man City - West Ham connections

Coaches
Malcolm Allison
John Bond
Manuel Pellegrini
Players
Kevin Horlock
Ian Bishop
Eyal Berkovic
Marc Vivien Foe
Carlos Tevez
Steve Lomas
Trevor Morley
Paulo Wanchope
Ian Bishop

Famous West Ham fans

Alfred Hitchcock
Phil Jupitus
Russell Brand
Ray Winstone
Danny Dyer
Lennox Lewis
Kris Akabusi

Call me mad, a fool, or anything else, but I decided to take the plunge with BT Sport this morning.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

With Leroy out for a while, how will we set up? Raz on the left and Bernardo on the right? Rodney needs to get his stuff sorted, he's missing out on a golden opportunity.

With Leroy out for a while, how will we set up? Raz on the left and Bernardo on the right? Rodney needs to get his stuff sorted, he's missing out on a golden opportunity.

Ederson

Walker Stones Otamendi Zinchenko
Rodri
Sterling Gundogan De Bruyne Silva Bernardo

Subs
Jesus, Fernandino, Cancelo, Angelino, Bravo, Aguero Foden

Last edited:
My feeling at the moment is :

Ederson Walker Zinchenko Stones Laporte Rodri D Silva De Bruyne
B Silva Sterling Aguero

Cancelo or Angelino Otamendi Foden Gundogan Mahrez G Jesus

I'm not sure how far back into preparation Fernie is, so that could be another option on the bench.

Yes Leroy will be out for months, could be the most expensive tear in history. Raz left, the Doctor right wing. Rodney on the bertie.

This Charming Man, Manuel Pellegrini-

"I'm happy because we have completed the squad in the way we wanted. We have two players in each position, good players too, and the best way is to have competition.

"I want to see us to start this season in the way that we finished the last one. We have a tough game against Manchester City but we are confident that we will not be scared because they are the champions."

Pep Guardiola =

"Never when I start the season do I have to win one title, or two, or four or five - I think that is ridiculous.

"The key point from our point of view is always to play better, individually and collectively. What we did last season will not be enough. We have to do a little bit more. That is the target."

Our four trips to the London Stadium have yielded four wins - 5-0, 4-0 4-1 and 4-0. I suspect they may be tougher opponents this season

Some opening day fixture stats -

A win tomorrow would match Chelsea's Premier League record of nine successive opening day wins, set between 2002 and 2010.

City have been unbeaten in their last 10 opening Premier League fixtures, winning nine.
Sergio Aguero :bow: has scored six goals on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.

David Silva has scored in in all three of his appearances at the London Stadium and has six goals against West Ham in all competitions, more than versus any other side.

The decision is made......step up El Mago

Pep Guardiola confirms that the inimitable David Silva will captain Manchester City

“David Silva will be our captain,” he affirmed. “Then Fernandinho, Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero.

“The captain has to be what he is. He knows the Club, the Premier League… he has big respect.

“(To be a good captain), he has to be himself. There will be no problems.

“Normally, the captain is the life of the locker room – they know each other; they have fun a lot when they are together.

“There will be no problem. He will be a good captain.”

Mhrez and Laporte are fit to start tomorrow according to Pep, but thus game has come too soon for our new signing Joao Cancelo to join the party....

“Not Cancelo – not yet,” he said. “He arrived two days ago.

“Everyday, I’m more convinced this deal will be one of the best this Club has done in the last few years. He’ll be an incredible midfielder.

“I say many times: he gives us something we didn’t have. Without him, it would have been so difficult to achieve – we need competition and for Kyle Walker, it’s important to have."

I hope Kyle Walker is paying attention to that last bit.....

City squad:-

Ederson, Bravo, Carson;

Stones, Laporte, Otamendi, Walker, Cancelo, Angelino, Zinchenko.

Rodri, De Bruyne, Foden, Silva, Bernardo, Gundogan

Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, Sterling.