West Ham United v Aston Villa Sunday 12th March 2pm K.O | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham United v Aston Villa Sunday 12th March 2pm K.O

Despise this lot. Tinpot club made to seem huge by the media purely based on them being from London and winning the cup a couple of times.

If we turn up and play like we can whilst staying solid enough we'll win. However I'm already half sure we'll cock something up and let Ings score. The meltdown will be beyond anything seen, in recent times anyway.

Despise this lot. Tinpot club made to seem huge by the media purely based on them being from London and winning the cup a couple of times.

If we turn up and play like we can whilst staying solid enough we'll win. However I'm already half sure we'll cock something up and let Ings score. The meltdown will be beyond anything seen, in recent times anyway.
If Ings scores I'm sure there will be a reasonable, articulate, measured response from all and sundry :throw:

I must say I really couldn’t give a shit about Danny Ings . Not our player anymore. Not our joint top scorer anymore because he doesn’t play for us.

If we conceded a goal the most relevant thing is that we conceded it and not who scored it. Seriously need to kick this ex player thing into the long grass.

Last edited:
They're coming off the back of a 4-0 defeat and will have to travel to Cyprus tomorrow, so that should mean absolutely nothing as far as Villa are concerned.

Still though, they're under pressure so hopefully we can pile on the misery.

Unai is slowly reversing the curse, last week was the sort of game we usually lose.

A poor team who hadnt a single win in 2023 then along came Villa we know the rest but that didnt happen we actually won (like we always should have). With that said there was Leicester where the curse continued but I am less and less resigned to defeats now. Here and there we're picking up results that previously we'd just surrender.

We are slowly becoming a team others would rather not have to play against. Going up against us is actually a bit of a battle now and we have the bones of some danger that teams have to actually account for. I feel like teams used to just show up and play however they wanted and we'd gift them a few chances.

Now they have to think about how they can break us down but also keep an eye on what Moreno, Dougie, McGinn and Watkins are doing when we get the ball. Its crazy to say this but if you let McGinn get the ball into feet and he can open his body you're actually in a lot of trouble. Dougie is coming short for the pass, Moreno is sprinting down the line and Watkins is trying to play off the shoulder. We can hurt most teams now.

Looks like Moyes is resting a few players tonight ready for Sundays game, Ings, Bowen, Soucek and Paqueta all on the bench. Its a shame they weren't drawn against one of the stronger teams in the cup to stop them doing it

………………..Martinez

Cash……..Konsa…………..Mings…………….Moreno

………….McGinn…………Luis…………Ramsey

Bailey……………….Watkins………………..Buendia

I don’t particularly like this lineup but I’ve a nagging feeling this might be it.