West Ham United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sun 26th July - 4pm | Vital Football

West Ham United v Aston Villa Match Thread - Sun 26th July - 4pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
This is it then folks. Do or die. We need to match or better Watford's result and we're safe, assuming Bournemouth don't do better. We just need to take care of business against the Hammers, and hope Watford don't rack up a cricket score against an Arsenal side with one eye on the Cup Final.

Do you want to bet against us???!

The only way to take the other teams out of the equation is to win , although I reckon Watford head's have gone and will be shocked if they get anything at Arsenal .

Bournemouth's game is the bigger concern to me. Everton had a good result at Sheff Utd so hopefully they will be bouyed by that.

I was a lot more certain of staying up until i forensically checked the table.... only way we're comfortable is go for the win. And without the crowd there, letting the players know what's happening in the other games, we'll have to get Lansbury to watch the other games and shout from the stands! West ham have been playing well recently and they always seen to f*ck things up for teams on the last day of the season. I dont expect watford to win....but I didnt expect them to beat liverpool either....nor Bournemouth to stick 4 past Leicester. It ain't over gents. True villa fashion to get our Hope's up only to dash them at the last possible second!

I dislike Watford with a vengeance since everytime I bet on them they lose and bet against them they win.... and Bournemouth deserve to go down after spending 30m on players like Ibe and Solanke ....

Those 2points at everton and disallowed goal against palace are really looking more painful now.

This is the one then. 3 years running it comes down to a do or die game in London. So much riding on this.

I can't imagine the coaching staff and players being anything other than bang up for this. For Smith a chance to cement his legacy as the man who took us up and kept us up. For the players a chance to stay Premier league players.

It's a cup final and who isn't nervous when we have one of those.

Yet another heart, cardio workout coming up. I just hope my poor heart can take it:grinning:

Good luck to the Villa boys:utv:

Hard to read West Ham, they blow so hot and cold. They have nothing to really play for, but once you are on the pitch, you want to win no matter what level you are at.

Us? So very hard to read, we blew cold, colder, boringly cold, but the last few games have given hope where it seemed to have gone.

In summary.

:shrug:

Hard to read West Ham, they blow so hot and cold. They have nothing to really play for, but once you are on the pitch, you want to win no matter what level you are at.

Us? So very hard to read, we blew cold, colder, boringly cold, but the last few games have given hope where it seemed to have gone.

In summary.

:shrug:

If they turn up wanting a game, I don't think we can live with them.

We need them to be packing their swimming trunks and for us to be as motivated as we were against Arsenal.

Too hard to call really lets hope we don't think we are home and dry and take the foot off the gas get out there and win

I can see Bournemouth putting 3 or 4 past Everton on Sunday meaning this is a must win game.

West Ham already have their business done, I just don't see how they'll be coming into this one with as much determination as us, our lives depend on it, it's a nothing game for them.

But we all know what a funny old horrible game football is.

Just win the bloody game, that's all we have to do.

We never seem to do things the easy way, so have an awful feeling we will probably scrape a draw and then be nervously checking on results elsewhere. Hopefully Arsenal will be fired up a bit and the players playing for a place on the team sheet in the cup final. And it was only a season or two ago that Deeney was mouthing off about Arsenal being a soft touch, after Watford beat them. Hopefully they will be keen to put the ugly mug in his place.
Bournemouth have a decent shout of winning, but if we can get a point it wont matter what they do.

It would be a shock if Watford were to beat an Arsenal side who will be playing for their cup final places. AVFC don't really do draws either so we have to go there and control the game, WHU are in good form & will come at us if we get the lead so I'd like a 1-0 winner with minutes to go thank you very much.