West Ham United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham United-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

City Xtra Player Ratings.
Ederson – 4
Failed to keep a clean sheet again after being beaten by Bowen’s first-half strike. He came out and was rounded - leading to West Ham taking the lead.
Joao Cancelo – 6.5
Although the Blues defence did concede two damaging goals to West Ham, Cancelo’s attacking play was decent for City, with the Portuguese defender starting many attacks for his side as the game went on.
Fernandinho – 6
Although a doubt for the match, the veteran turned out and stepped up for the club when they needed him the mist, as any captain should. Sadly, this was in vain as Fernandinho’s defence folded twice to allow Bowen to bag a brace, with the Brazilian’s own pace being exposed on several occasions.
Aymeric Laporte – 5
Laporte was also a doubt for the match but made the starting XI. His lack of pace showed as he failed to catch Bowen for the game’s opener. He also played a very poor pass to almost let Bowen in again in the second-half.
Scroll to C
Oleksandr Zinchenko – 5
Poor tracking back for the second goal placed City with a mountain to climb in the second-half. He settled more as the game went on but a very poor first half results in a low score for the Ukrainian full-back.
Kevin De Bruyne – 6.5
A bit of an off day for the Belgian following his four-goal masterclass at Molineux in midweek. The two-time PFA Player of the Year did come into the game more as it went on, playing a part in City’s comeback.
Rodri – 7
Played well in midfield, going close with an early shot which had to be blocked by Dawson. The Spaniard also bagged the assist for Grealish’s goal with a header to set up the winger’s powerful volley.
Bernardo Silva – 6
A very quiet match for the Portuguese star as he played a subdued role in proceedings, even as City mounted their comeback. In a season full of sparkling performances, this was sadly far from vintage Bernardo.
Riyad Mahrez – 7
Played a more creative role today, not taking on as many shots and focusing on crossing more.
As the game went on, the Algerian started to take more shots but it was the creative role which made the difference as he saw his second half freekick get turned into Fabianski’s net by Coufal to equalise for City. He saw his late penalty saved by Fabianski.
Gabriel Jesus – 8
One of City’s brightest sparks. He was unlucky not to win a penalty from a bad challenge by Kurt Zouma. He continually threatened after this and won City a penalty with less than ten minutes to go.
Jack Grealish – 8.5 (MOTM)
Was lively and came forward on the ball on numerous occasions. He grabbed City’s first goal with a superb volley early on in the second half to give City rejuvenated hope.

Sky Player Ratings
Player ratings
West Ham:
Fabianski (9), Coufal (6), Zouma (7), Dawson (7), Cresswell (6), Rice (8), Soucek (7), Lanzini (7), Fornals (8), Bowen (9), Antonio (8).

Subs: Noble (6).

Man City: Ederson (6), Cancelo (6), Fernandinho (6), Laporte (6), Zinchenko (6), Rodri (8), De Bruyne (7), Grealish (8), Silva (7), Mahrez (6), Jesus (7).

Subs: None.

Man of the match: Jarrod Bowen.

Instant impact
A brilliant finish from Raso, who gets in behind Eriksson to latch onto Greenwood's ball over the top.

She composes herself, shaking off the Chelsea skipper's attentions before poking home.

Just what City deserved... it looks like extra time...

GOAL! Chelsea 3 Man City 2 (Kerr 99)
Danger here. Kerr has it down the right, Kennedy with some poor decision making, and Kerr is away. Kerr speeds into the area, she's got a colleague inside her on the left but she decides to shoot herself. Her luck is in, because Greenwood has raced to get back and, hard lines for her, deflects Kerr's shot past her own keeper.

'A great result'
FT: West Ham 2-2 Man City

West Ham manager David Moyes, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: “I couldn’t believe the way that Manchester City played in the first half and how we played and that we were 2-0 up - they were so good. They had so much of the ball. We knew we wouldn’t have much of it and we’d suffer. We scored two really good goals and it gave us a chance to try and hang onto it.

"It is a great result for us. We’d have taken a point before the game because we were playing against an incredibly good team - I always thought we’d be in the game but they were so good with the ball and it was a job to stop them only scoring two to be honest with you.

"I wanted to challenge and be around fourth or fifth this season so I was disappointed that we’ve dropped off. But we’ve got a great group of players and their resilience - they showed it today with all the blocks they put in."

'We were expecting title to go to final day'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was so difficult - they are an exceptional team with set pieces and transitions. In general we played really well, with who we are and we created enough chances. We had patience and while we would have preferred to win, a draw leaves it in our hands and we’ll try and win the title with our family.

"Jack Grealish's goal was an incredible finish and that helped us a lot. He was more involved in the second half and he was perfect."

On the title going down to the final day: "We couldn’t expect different with this Liverpool - they are almost the perfect team. We didn’t expect to win the title with three, four or five games to spare. We’ve both done an exceptional season. We won’t look at anyone else - we’ll just try and win our game. I’m pretty sure the Etihad Stadium will be full and they’ll be supporting us.”

'Draw is an incredible credit to the team'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a great comeback and it is an incredible credit to the team to do it against this team and with the way they defend. They are so good in the transition and I think we played a good game. We spoke at half-time about not giving up and if we scored one goal we’d be in the game. There is one more week, one more game, with our people - I assure it will be sold out and we’ll do the best performance possible to win the game and win the title.

"It would have been more perfect to win today but West Ham are fighting - it is complicated and so difficult to play against them. It is in our hands.

"I don’t have the feeling that we played badly in the first half - we maybe but didn’t create many chances but enough. They defended so deep but we created a really good performance.

"I don’t have the feeling about poor penalties - Riyad has been exceptional this season. You mean last season? I don’t know about 50 years ago. Next game Riyad is going to score.

"It will not be easy - there will be a lot of emotions. We’ll have to train hard and recover and we’ll do everything in that game to try and win the title."