West Brom | Vital Football

West Brom

Scharnerarma

Vital Youth Team
I guess someone had to start the thread considering the games tomorrow. Cant say i've much excitement or anticipation myself, although it would be quite typically Wigan to beat the on form league leaders with only one centre back and zero confidence wouldn't it.

Some important questions to consider anyway -

How badly are we expecting to get beat?
How bad will the atmosphere be?
How many goals will they score after the 80th minute?
Who will go off injured?
Will Naismith be in the squad?
Will Jacobs start from the off, or be brought on as a sub?!
Will Cook even be in the stadium? Its his touchline ban isn't it (correct me if i'm wrong), he might fancy a night in with his feet up rather than being at the DW

A valiant initial effort from the players, a valiant initial effort from a small section of the fans, most of us just sit there looking glum, then things start to go wrong on the pitch, the atmosphere turns hostile, the players give up, WBA take their foot off the pedal, we move on to Saturday.
0:4.

I am looking forward to this game.
Regardless of the result, the performance will show whether this combined group of players and coaching staff are up to the job.

I want to see our Captain elevating his game and lifting his team mates.
Otherwise, the Captain's armband needs to be given to someone else.

We have an academy .... surely it must be used at times like these ?
Patrick Webber or Emeka Obi may get on the subs bench ? Maybe not ... Patrick Webber hasn't featured for a few matches. Adam Long might be too much of a stretch.

(Posted before reading the pre match interview)

It’d be great to see 1 or 2 youngsters make the breakthrough, they can’t do any worse than our first team are doing at the minute. I watched West Brom’s last game and they were fantastic, probably the best team in the league. We’ll do very well to get anything tomorrow, a battling performance and having a go is what’s needed to avoid more frustration from the stands.

My only worry about starting some youngsters in this game is how they would deal debuting into a potentially poor atmosphere against a team that has the potential to do some real damage. Confidence of the first team is low enough, we don't want to destroy the confidence of the youngsters too.

On the flip side, crowds more likely to rally around them, they'll have the enthusiasm of youth to go out there and give it a good go, and they probably won't do any worse than our current 11. Pros and cons for both I guess, but we're in a position where we might benefit from some gambles

More than likely a 5-0 drubbing, i'll be there to give that inept clown we call a manager some shit on 78 minutes (if he has the guts to turn up) then outside for a protest on 80 minutes.

Bring it on!

Trouble with cook he is reactive IE bringing on a CB when we are drawing
instead of a forward who might win the game and being proactive
The players are terrified of making a mistake and need to have the
pressure taken off by cook so then can enjoy their football
BC

Trouble with cook he is reactive IE bringing on a CB when we are drawing
instead of a forward who might win the game and being proactive
The players are terrified of making a mistake and need to have the
pressure taken off by cook so then can enjoy their football
BC

As far as I can tell he brought Kipre on against Luton because Mulgrew was injured, Kipre on against Milwall when we hung on for a point and Kipre on against Derby which we lost, so just 3 times all season.
In all 3 cases he also brought on attacking players.
Maybe if he'd brought defenders on when we were drawing more often we would have more points by now.

Wasnt the daft get going to bring someone else on until Morsy had a word? Only then did he sub Mulgrew for Kipre.

The dickhead didn't even know Mulgrew was injured! :mad: Too busy kicking off with officials, get him out ffs!

WBA are due a poor performance and we are due a good performance. A man can dream but reality has got the better of me. 1-3.

As far as I can tell he brought Kipre on against Luton because Mulgrew was injured, Kipre on against Milwall when we hung on for a point and Kipre on against Derby which we lost, so just 3 times all season.
In all 3 cases he also brought on attacking players.
Maybe if he'd brought defenders on when we were drawing more often we would have more points by now.
Against Millwall - he brought Kipre on because Robinson was losing to Smith - height & strength wise. Smith towered over Robinson for that unchallenged goal.

Wasnt the daft get going to bring someone else on until Morsy had a word? Only then did he sub Mulgrew for Kipre.

The dickhead didn't even know Mulgrew was injured! :mad: Too busy kicking off with officials, get him out ffs!
Were you at the game or did you just read the reports to post the above comments?
I bet it's the latter.

I've said it every game for the last 5 or so 'it would be very Wigan if we won this when no one gives us a chance' but it's not happened as we've been so bad.

I think West Brom will likely be complacent as we are useless in every department so I think they will be beatable on the night but we are so useless it's hard to see us being able to score or keep a clean sheet.

Football is a funny game so you never know but I'm not sure if we are so diabolical that we aren't capable of anything other than losing anymore.

I've said it every game for the last 5 or so 'it would be very Wigan if we won this when no one gives us a chance' but it's not happened as we've been so bad.

I think West Brom will likely be complacent as we are useless in every department so I think they will be beatable on the night but we are so useless it's hard to see us being able to score or keep a clean sheet.

Football is a funny game so you never know but I'm not sure if we are so diabolical that we aren't capable of anything other than losing anymore.

Don't get your hopes up mate, only going to end one way otherwise.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you. After seeing West Brom play against Swansea it’s clear they’ve got some very good attacking players, particularly Diangana and Pereira. Sawyers in midfield looks like he’s come on leaps and bounds since he was at Walsall too. I’ve got a feeling it could be very uncomfortable viewing for us tomorrow night but hope I’m wrong.

I can see Kal Naismith partnering Cedric Kipre at the back, as he's been played there before. I simply can't see any of the young players getting a go.

I knew i shouldn't let the 🤡 wind me up again but having just read the "Cook in evening post" - oh my days !
"It's great when the big teams come to play at your home ground"
"They have round pegs in round holes"
"They carry a threat and don't concede many"
"That usually means they're a good team"
And amazingly, after blowing yet more smoke up opposition arses, "It's the opposite of what we are trying to achieve and do"
You don't say 🤡 we are in your eyes again not worthy and unable to compete and simply scrapping to stay up (badly at that)

Complete surrender monkey just feck off

Again more crap spouted from Cook, again our local journal cares more about the minority of Wigan fans arse licking cook because he does not want to have his connections dwindled. And apparently now Cook is not being considered to the sack yet we heard nothing from the chairmans mouth.

How the club is being run is a complete joke. Where has the unity gone? Where has the trust gone?

Everything right now is toxic but ofcourse everyone blames the fans for that.

I hope to go that the unlikely happens and once Choi officially owns the club he sacks, Cook and the royle's. Can only dream.

The lack of ambition is a joke, completely different mentality to what Paul Jewell instilled in his players. Just watching Preston now, if only we could be organised and ambitious like them on the field. You don’t need to spend millions to build a good side.