Wenger To Leave | Vital Football

Wenger To Leave

keggy_keagal

Vital Football Hero
Arsenal this summer. I wonder if a certain Spanish manager fancies a crack at the big boys again ? Train from Merseyside to London only takes about 2 and half hrs. I'd say there's more likelihood of this coming to pass than Rafa going to Everton.

There's only one place Rafa want to be and that includes that 'team' passing Arsenal next season. Obviously, it won't happen overnight and on Ashley's watch or the ambition level be matched 100% but strange things happen.

I'd bet high amounts that Rafa won't be at another premier league club but us next term.

As for Wenger, the disrespectful Arsenal lot should be fast-tracking that statue as we speak.

I thought the board had lost the plot when appointing a manager who had come from a Japanese team where Lineker had gone to retire.

After three league titles, 7 FA Cups and the same number of Charity Shields, I concede that I might have been wrong.

What he also gave us was some great football to watch, adding technique to the pace of the domestic game.

I wonder when his record of qualifying for 19 consecutive Champions League campaigns with the same club will be broken.

I’d love to see those shit fans suffer for a while after the moaning, Arsenal fan tv and all that nonsense, a first class of example of what’s wrong with your modern day football fan those pricks. What is it 3 fa cups in the last 4 years, ahhh, bless.

Looking forward to watching how this plays out they might just be wanting Wenger back if it all goes tits up. Some of the comments from fans have been a disgrace but then again quite a few NUFC fans wanted rid of Robson and look what happened

Following on from what Rexn said above, it was David Dein who brought Wenger to Arsenal. I can't believe that Dein doesn't get a mention as it was he who brought Ian Wright to Arsenal and then Denis Bergkamp, Vieira, Petit, Henry, Overmars and many more. All world class players as we found out to our cost on more than one occasion. Interestingly Dein left Arsenal in 2007 and Wenger has not been anywhere near as successful since then.

There isn’t a manager on the planet that will keep that lot happy. They will want instant success and that won’t happen, going to be interesting watching them implode next season. Ideal top job hor Hippo Head, that would be an amazing appointment.

It made me think, the 2 Premier League managers who have spent longest at their clubs are now English, Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche. It seems like decades since we could say that.

And both are doing a maginificen job with limited resources Rexn, seem like nice blokes too, very refreshing.

It also sets an example to the old cronies, CM.

Dyche and Howe got their teams up there, one in the top half, the other not too far away. Let's not forget Hughton who may or may not be Irish but got Brighton up there too.

The likes of Pards and Hippo seem to think they should be handed top jobs on a plate.

Much as I like the idea of Arsenal supporters getting Allardyce, he is much more likely to go to Barcelona, as a punishment for the Catalan referendum imposed by the Spanish government.

Ha, that would be some punishment for the Catalans Rexn. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Hippo put himself forward for the Arsenal job as he really rates himself. Have you seen the Everton fans questionnaire where they were asked to rate him from one to ten? I never seen the final result.

Ha, that would be some punishment for the Catalans Rexn. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Hippo put himself forward for the Arsenal job as he really rates himself. Have you seen the Everton fans questionnaire where they were asked to rate him from one to ten? I never seen the final result.

You don't need to because if it had been 9's or 10's then it would have been welcomed rather than lambasted.

Defining moment for me & being alongside their fans was walking in their city,down wemberlee way with my 12 & 13 yr old lads after they'd beat us & done the double.
They were quiet & soulless.Whinging fuckers,hope they get relegated next season.

Last edited:
Back to Wenger, the more I read, the more convinced I am about the disparity between general football supporters and Arsenal's twirling fans.

It seems that we football lovers appreciate the style and technique that Wenger trademarked and contributed to the attraction of the Premier League.

In turn, Arsenal supporters don't seem to appreciate the quality of a squad bought on a tighter budget than the oil rich owners of other clubs, not the fantastic stadium built on the appeal of the entertaining football that Wenger provided.

Wenger has also paved the way for his successor to avoid the impossible job scenario that existed at Man Utd when Fergie went.

Fergie retired when he knew his team wasn't good enough to continue winning the title and a big rebuild was needed. Wenger stayed on whilst Arsenal's is still ongoing. Some respect is needed there as well.

I watched the news reporter who was outside the Arsenal training ground yesterday giving a report as the players were arriving for training. You could have been excused for thinking he was at Silverstone, FFS how rich are these players? No wonder some were upset when Wenger was told to leave at the end of the season or be sacked.

By rights, he should have legendary status. What a success story! Brian Clough once claimed that all managers ended up sacked. Ferguson, I always feel, engineered Man U’s blip by letting the team go past its prime. All the more for his glory to shine. I think Wenger has given his successor a fair chance of succeeding.

More’s the pity because I’d have enjoyed watching a struggling Arsenal next season. Just for the ‘fans’, you understand.