Wenger hits out at Poch | Vital Football

Wenger hits out at Poch

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
Arsene Wenger hit out at Mauricio Pochettino‘s admission that Tottenham Hotspur were already out of the Premier League title race and insists his Arsenal side will fight to the end.

Arsenal sit just three points ahead of north London rivals Spurs, but Pochettino ruled out his side’s chances of a maiden Premier League title after a draw with West Brom at the end of November.

Poch when asked:

Yes, it’s true now that the gap is 10 points and it’s massive in the Premier League. ‘But now we need to be focused and try to improve ourselves and be more consistent at Wembley, and try to win more games here like last season at White Hart Lane.’

Wenger when asked if he’d written off lifting the Premier League trophy, like the Spurs boss had, he snapped: ‘I am not Pochettino, I am Arsene Wenger. ‘I am here to fight as long as I can, as long as mathematically it’s possible you have to fight, you cannot give any other message out.’

Now we as fans know the probability of it happening are almost zero but I agree with wenger, you have to relay the right message to the players. You can't have the captain and the manager in november say game over, lets call it a day.

Totally. Pochettino hasn't learned to handle the pressure. But "He's the Boss".

It's almost juvenile the way he is handling himself at the moment.

Are you guys serious? Poch is trying to take the pressure off our players because at the moment, any pressure taken off them allows them to clear their minds and get back to just enjoying football. Just because Wenger has a team of lazy fuckwits who need to be constantly told to put effort in, Poch doesn't have the same group of players. Our players almost always put the effort in and "fight" but we have ALWAYS performed better as underdogs and when the focus hasn't been on us.

Matic, if the players can't handle the pressure of being one of the favourites and need the focus elsewhere to perform then that imo is not good.

Wenger is a **** - he said it for deflection.

That said, Poch opened himself to exactly this type of abuse by saying what he said, and then having Lloris repeat it.

I hope Poch learns from this, as Wenger has just called him a loser who gives in.

I didn't like what Poch and Lloris said but they were right technically . From a group strategy accepting the inevitable but focusing on other success could be understandable. Words to the effect of let's ensure top 4 again, go all out for the CL and FA cup . That is still some target. Seriously can anyone see City or Man U being caught ?

Never give up. Till the maths agree it is else we won't finish t4 ..concentration and fight for every point is key...they are wrong to state it is over!

I’m starting to think we are dealing with the second coming of Brendan Rodgers. Argent ioan style.

Because you're taking the "I'm the boss" comment horribly out of context and projecting it onto everything? Or is there more to it?

freundorfoe - 5/12/2017 11:30

Because you're taking the "I'm the boss" comment horribly out of context and projecting it onto everything? Or is there more to it?

Out of context? How so?

Love or hate him Wengker knows how to motivate his players much better than our young pup....also his record with le arse gives him some latitude to say things .....a bit like Fergie....he is a legend...we would all be lauding him if he had come to spurs now wouldn't we.

I'd rather our manager be truthful.

Would our fans be happy if Poch come out and said we are still in the hunt for the title? No, well I wouldn't and I bet most arsenal fans are laughing at the fact Wenger still thinks they have a chance.

ScottDaYid - 6/12/2017 09:37

Would our fans be happy if Poch come out and said we are still in the hunt for the title? No, well I wouldn't and I bet most arsenal fans are laughing at the fact Wenger still thinks they have a chance.

Wenger didnt say they were going to win it but he said they would fight until the end. Nothing untruthful about what he has said.

ScottDaYid - 6/12/2017 09:37

There is no rule in the management book that says you can't be honest and smart.

All I'm hearing and reading is Arsenal fans reveling in what they perceive as the difference in winning mentality, although they are just as deluded, it really doesn't help to wave the white flag until it is absolutely mathematically necessary as far as I'm concerned.

On a side note, its embarrassing for the top clubs that man city will probably have the title wrapped up if they beat utd this weekend.

Has there been any other season where the league leaders were running away with it before the end of december?

Let's hope Mourinho ruins Pep's day. This is completely a case of who irritates you the most.